the cold gun

#1 Posted by the human Juggernaut (7224 posts) - - Show Bio

I've had this conversation with some other members here, but can his cold gun potentially kill people like superman, since it is capable of lowering it's target's temperature to absolute zero?

#2 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd think so.

I don't think its likely to happen, in or out of character much less in the actual comics but it seems possible.

#3 Posted by the human Juggernaut (7224 posts) - - Show Bio

anyone else?

#4 Posted by warlock360 (26900 posts) - - Show Bio

Supermans been frozen in the arctic if that helps :O and in space too!

#5 Posted by Dancer (37 posts) - - Show Bio

Lan Snart is a  bad @ss , id love to see him take out superman,

although i ont think it could. the beam makes the FLash run slower, im sure if he were stationary it could kill him, so id have to say the same for Superman, if he was moving i reckon it would just slow him down but a sneaky Merc style assination (I dont know how you would sneak up on super man!) i think might just do the job

alternativly try kryptonite

#6 Posted by the human Juggernaut (7224 posts) - - Show Bio
Voidheart said:
"Supermans been frozen in the arctic if that helps :O and in space too!"
neither of which are absolute zero
#7 Posted by AtPhantom (14465 posts) - - Show Bio
Voidheart said:
"Supermans been frozen in the arctic if that helps :O and in space too!"
Even though he like, flies into space every time he goes for a jog?

Scans please?
#8 Posted by Owen_Porter (83268 posts) - - Show Bio

#9 Posted by AtPhantom (14465 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, but there's obviously more to it than that. He was encased in a layer of ice, he wasn't frozen, considering how easy he shook it off when the time came.

#10 Posted by Owen_Porter (83268 posts) - - Show Bio
AtPhantom said:
"Yeah, but there's obviously more to it than that. He was encased in a layer of ice, he wasn't frozen, considering how easy he shook it off when the time came."
Is there? Just cause he easily shook it off doesn't mean he wasn't frozen solid. It could mean he's not affected by it. Has anyone ever seen Superman affected by the cold before? He's encased in ice. From the size of the icicles hanging off his arm I'd say its more then just a layer of ice, but that's speculation on my part.  As for the scan he had been there for days hoping to hear something from Flash, Wonder Woman, and Big Barda. They had gone missing. But since it doesn't say he was frozen solid I guess it doesn't matter.
#11 Posted by the human Juggernaut (7224 posts) - - Show Bio
Gambler said:
"AtPhantom said:
"Yeah, but there's obviously more to it than that. He was encased in a layer of ice, he wasn't frozen, considering how easy he shook it off when the time came."
Is there? Just cause he easily shook it off doesn't mean he wasn't frozen solid. It could mean he's not affected by it. Has anyone ever seen Superman affected by the cold before? He's encased in ice. From the size of the icicles hanging off his arm I'd say its more then just a layer of ice, but that's speculation on my part.  As for the scan he had been there for days hoping to hear something from Flash, Wonder Woman, and Big Barda. They had gone missing. But since it doesn't say he was frozen solid I guess it doesn't matter."
how was he frozen there
#12 Posted by Dane (10474 posts) - - Show Bio

The thing is a guy like Superman is probably fast enough to punch Captain Cold out of his own skin before he can use the gun.

#13 Posted by Owen_Porter (83268 posts) - - Show Bio
the human Juggernaut said:
"Gambler said:
"AtPhantom said:
Is there? Just cause he easily shook it off doesn't mean he wasn't frozen solid. It could mean he's not affected by it. Has anyone ever seen Superman affected by the cold before? He's encased in ice. From the size of the icicles hanging off his arm I'd say its more then just a layer of ice, but that's speculation on my part.  As for the scan he had been there for days hoping to hear something from Flash, Wonder Woman, and Big Barda. They had gone missing. But since it doesn't say he was frozen solid I guess it doesn't matter."
how was he frozen there"
?
#14 Posted by the human Juggernaut (7224 posts) - - Show Bio
Gambler said:
"the human Juggernaut said:
"Gambler said:
"AtPhantom said:
how was he frozen there"
?"
how did he become covered in ice in those scans? 
#15 Edited by MrMiracle77 (1659 posts) - - Show Bio

Len's ice gun is powerful, but slow.  Plus entropy favors heat over cold.

Edited due to inadvertant double entendre.

#16 Posted by Owen_Porter (83268 posts) - - Show Bio
the human Juggernaut said:
"Gambler said:
"Gambler said:
"AtPhantom said:
how was he frozen there"
?"
how did he become covered in ice in those scans?  "
They never explain. Apparently its cold in space.
#17 Posted by the human Juggernaut (7224 posts) - - Show Bio
Gambler said:
"Gambler said:
"Gambler said:
"AtPhantom said:
how was he frozen there"
?"
how did he become covered in ice in those scans?  "
They never explain. Apparently its cold in space."
then its not the same as captain cold freezing him, since its not absolute zero in space.
#18 Edited by Hazlenaut (1960 posts) - - Show Bio

I am not sure if his gun can make someone absolute zero, but I think it is possible since when he can slow time His gun can alter relativity. It can use to slow down time so he can detect the Flash’s movements. The gun can make an energy dome, which help him to detect movement outside the dome.

#19 Posted by ParadoxBlade (1 posts) - - Show Bio

Cold can use his gun to project an invisible field of absolute zero around him, I know that much. However, I've been wondering...how does he cope being in the frigid temperatures that his gun creates? Does his suit have some sort of thermal padding on the inside that keeps him warm? If he moves, then does the field of absolute zero move with him?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.