Follow

Captain Canuck

Character » Captain Canuck appears in 71 issues.

Tom Evans, a Canadian secret agent who gained superhuman strength from contact with extraterrestrials.

Captain Canuck Webisode 2 Review

RazzaTazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1887

User Lists: 79

Edited By RazzaTazz

I should say after the first episode of this series that I was expecting something a bit more engaging in this second part. I ended up partially satisfied, and partially not. First of all, it would seem that in order to get this series going, that there needs to be a certain amount of actual action, and it does get going but only after a couple of unecessary plugs for Canada's science fiction network and one of Canada's biggest comic book store chains. Seeing as the lead in is about a minute long and the end credits are about two minutes long, this makes the five minute running time pretty short for any real action

It is at least nice to see some of the action though, as well as the return of the Blue Fox (this should not be surpising considering the episode name. She is the femme fatale which could hold the series together and keep some interest in it, yet her role here is kind of small.

I was impressed as a native of Halifax that some action took place there, but also disappointed that there was actually nothing indicative of the city as all that they show is a warehouse (for Toronto they show the CN Tower at least.) In terms of this series having any wide reaching appeal, I think it might be a bit too Canadian centric (I don't know if Canadians would even get the donair joke or recognize the Canadian bands.) I still hope this series survives and maybe there are some good things ahead, but there needs to be more substance and less hype. So far the entire two episodes could have fit easily in four comic book pages.

Here it is if anyone is interested:

CanadianWolvie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I was glad to see his partner / pilot was not just white washed and it was nice to see he didn't have a mask as a hidden identity but just as a means of protection.

I too was disappointed that there wasn't at least a Halifax skyline. Not using the full breadth of the possible Canadian locations would be just as disappointing as if he were to visit a foreign country and not have at least a frame or two dedicated to iconic scenery in the background.

I am not sure how well Blue Fox plays, her tech is cool but she has no sex appeal as a fem fatale. I'm not talking her cleavage needs to be falling out, just that to be a serious contender, I think the potential for romantic chemistry needs to be there between her and other characters even if it isn't Captain. At least she is a decent combatant to some degree, showing strategic and tactical fore thought ... unlike Captain charging in there without even first sneakin and peekin the place - sheesh, a bit cocky that one, huh?

Speaking of which, Captain doesn't kill? Blech, I could really do without that cliche or I hope he gets called on that soon and is forced to show some dire consequences. Hell, at least acknowledge some of those martial arts moves ruin the rest of some lives.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.