Follow

Captain Boomerang

Character » Captain Boomerang appears in 812 issues.

George "Digger" Harkness is a villain of The Flash (Barry Allen), he first appeared in The Flash #117 "Here Comes Captain Boomerang" in which he used the Captain Boomerang persona to commit crimes. He would later become a member of the Suicide Squad in the 1980s crossover event "Legends".

Could he be in a Flash movie?

Avatar image for darth_brendroid
    darth_brendroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By darth_brendroid

As a part of the Rogues gallery, obviously. Or are there more important rogues around now that overshadow him?
    Icarusflies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By Icarusflies  Moderator

Well, hopefully all of the core Rogues would be in a movie: So, Captain Cold, Heat Wave, Captain Boomerang (Digger), Weather Wizard, Trickster I, and possibly the Top.

Icarusflies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By Icarusflies  Moderator

Well, hopefully all of the core Rogues would be in a movie: So, Captain Cold, Heat Wave, Captain Boomerang (Digger), Weather Wizard, Trickster I, Mirror Master, and possibly the Top

Avatar image for darth_brendroid
    darth_brendroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By darth_brendroid

Top would be crazy in a film.

CrimsonCake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By CrimsonCake

I would like to see him the Flash movie but I don't think he would be good as the main villain.

Avatar image for martianmanhunterisbetterthancy
    MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This guy would become a laughing stock. Nobody would take him seriously.

LaserLambert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

as long as you never say the name Captain Boomerang out loud, or actually try to present him as a legitimate threat.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

as long as you never say the name Captain Boomerang out loud, or actually try to present him as a legitimate threat.

But how would you do that? With the other Rogues it is a bit easier. Do you give Captain Boomerang the ability to make energy boomerangs at of thin air?

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laserlambert said:

But how would you do that? With the other Rogues it is a bit easier. Do you give Captain Boomerang the ability to make energy boomerangs at of thin air?

That is kinda cool. And maybe how I would build him for table top gaming.

I agree that he could be in a cameo for the fans, but John Q is gonna wonder why a guy with boomerangs can threaten the Flash unless he gets curbstomped.

LaserLambert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laserlambert said:

I meant "never say his name; never try to present him as a legitimate threat", A man who can move light speeds gets hung up on a guy who's projectiles don't even break the sound barrier?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@martianmanhunterisbetterthancy said:

@laserlambert said:

I meant "never say his name; never try to present him as a legitimate threat", A man who can move light speeds gets hung up on a guy who's projectiles don't even break the sound barrier?

So you're saying never have him show up in any Flash movie?

LaserLambert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laserlambert said:

@martianmanhunterisbetterthancy said:

@laserlambert said:

So you're saying never have him show up in any Flash movie?

I'm saying have him be the Scarecrow ala Dark Knight, have Flash take him out while showing that Flash is involved with crime that maybe the police wouldn't be able to handle otherwise, but then again I never understood why cops had problems with nuts with boomerangs.

RandyPan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By RandyPan
    No Caption Provided

Avatar image for darkdetective27
    darkdetective27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

User Lists: 10

#14  Edited By darkdetective27

@darth_brendroid: I hope that after Suicide Squad they will have him in the Flash solo movie with the other rogues.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.