Why Is Captain Atom More Powerful As Monarch?

#1 Posted by DarkKnight96000 (729 posts) - - Show Bio

Can anyone please explain?

#2 Posted by Omegaman10 (541 posts) - - Show Bio

i think its cuz of the armor
#3 Edited by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
@Omegaman10 said:

" i think its cuz of the armor "

It was an increase in his willpower. The armor was there to contain his energy after his skin was breached due to PIS. Nothing more than that. There was a further increase after absorbing 51 different Captain Atoms.
#4 Posted by Omegaman10 (541 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock:
Oh didnt know that...was just guessing when i said the armor. Didnt he blow up an entire universe when superman prime tore open his armor?
#5 Posted by MrMiracle77 (1659 posts) - - Show Bio

For starters, he's got a vast knowledge of history.  He also has the combined powers of Hawk (chaos) and Waverider (time travel) as well.

#6 Edited by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
@MrMiracle77 said:

He also has the combined powers of Hawk (chaos) and Waverider (time travel) as well. "

When and where was this established? You're seem to be referring to the first Monarch. We're talking about the third Monarch (who is a more powerful version of Captain Atom).

@Omegaman10 said:

" @Static Shock: Oh didnt know that...was just guessing when i said the armor. Didnt he blow up an entire universe when superman prime tore open his armor? "

Yes, he did.
#7 Posted by bumnut (1789 posts) - - Show Bio
@MrMiracle77 said:
"For starters, he's got a vast knowledge of history.  He also has the combined powers of Hawk (chaos) and Waverider (time travel) as well. "

That's a no.  Your thinking of Hank Hall Monarch who absorbed Waverider during Zero Hour.  That wasn't Captain Atom as Monarch.   

I also believe it's due to absorbing the 51 Captain Atoms of the 51 other alternate earths amongst other things that strengthend him alot more.
#8 Edited by thestarguy (351 posts) - - Show Bio

It has long been established that Captain Atom's abilities come from the Quantum Field, and that they are proportionate to his will power.  As long as he can increase his will, his abilities don't really have an upper limit.   As a good guy, he is always holding back, like Superman, because he is constantly concerned about collateral damage and accidentally hurting innocents.

As Monarch, however he had far fewer inhibitions limiting him and was far more "driven" emotionally, which naturally increased his power levels.   He defeated Three kryptonians in the arena, and after that, absorbed 51 other dimensional Captain Atom analogues, which further heightened his abilities.  I honestly believe that the suit actually protected other people from his enhanced abilities more that anything else.

#9 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
@thestarguy: Co-signed.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.