What Is The Quantum Field?

#1 Posted by DarkKnight96000 (722 posts) - - Show Bio

I know the quantum field is the source of Captain Atom's power but what is it exactly? Is it a different dimension, or something else entirely? Also how does someone get trapped in it or for that matter how does someone enter it like when Captain Atom created an entire universe inside of it?

Any answers would be appreciated.

#2 Posted by LT1085 (3658 posts) - - Show Bio
#3 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio
Waits for Static to enter the thread
#4 Posted by tensor (3504 posts) - - Show Bio

good ? they never really got in depth about it

#5 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio
@DarkKnight96000: The Quantum Field is the underlying essence of limitless energy and matter. It is where all energy and matter originates from. It is, in fact, a different dimension opposite from that of normal space. Captain Atom was able to enter it by turning his power on himself when Shadowstorm poisoned him with his psychic powers. In turn, Atom drove his essence into the Quantum Field. As far as getting trapped in it, when Superboy Prime ruptured Breach's containment suit, his essence was transported there.
#6 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio
@tensor said:
" good ? they never really got in depth about it "
Actually, the Quantum Field was explained in full in Bate's run of Captain Atom.
#7 Posted by DarkKnight96000 (722 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock said:
" @DarkKnight96000: The Quantum Field is the underlying essence of limitless energy and matter. It is where all energy and matter originates from. It is, in fact, a different dimension opposite from that of normal space. Captain Atom was able to enter it by turning his power on himself when Shadowstorm poisoned him with his psychic powers. In turn, Atom drove his essence into the Quantum Field. As far as getting trapped in it, when Superboy Prime ruptured Breach's containment suit, his essence was transported there. "
So basically if written properly he is the most powerful hero in the DCU.
#8 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio
@DarkKnight96000: He's already been cited as a 'demigod' once, one of the the most powerful heroes on Earth, and potentially the most powerful man alive. I think all of that is enough.
#9 Posted by thestarguy (348 posts) - - Show Bio
When he debuted in 1986 after the original Crisis on infinite Earths,  the DC house ads described him as the "potentially the most powerful man alive".  I like to think of him as being the most powerful true human being on DC Earth, not counting either the aliens or the magically-based heroes.
#10 Edited by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio
@thestarguy: Makes sense. That same quote was also sighted again by Dan Jurgens in Armageddon 2001 #2.
#11 Posted by thestarguy (348 posts) - - Show Bio
@DarkKnight96000: Assuming that he is focused and brings all of his will power to bear, yes!
#12 Posted by Jodin20723 (79 posts) - - Show Bio

CA is the best!, im just starting to follow him, and i already love the character. i am pickin up back issues now to read up more on him. he is deff an "under used" character, i like him far better then Firestorm. there needs to be less of a push of firestrom and more of a push for CA

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.