the new 52 captain atom

#1 Posted by Nightflash (713 posts) - - Show Bio

just wanna hear the opinion of what you guys think of this book

#2 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (12250 posts) - - Show Bio

It's kind of slow paced story wise. Not really sure where it's going. But I enjoy it because it definitely does a good job expressing his emotions and his power set.

#3 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

I havent read it, is it any good? Im not familiar with Cap Atom so Im not reading it

#4 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

It's okay.

#5 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (12250 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jorgevy said:

I havent read it, is it any good? Im not familiar with Cap Atom so Im not reading it

It's like Sub-par decent. It's something you can enjoy while reading but picking it up doesn't really matter. If there's going to be a Third Wave of the N52, Captain Atom will probably be cancelled.

#6 Posted by Tunsieon (316 posts) - - Show Bio

I didn't enjoy the first few issues in the least.

#7 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

@ArturoCalaKayVee: Thanks for the info. Im glad I didnt picked it then :D

#8 Posted by DoomDoomDoom (4253 posts) - - Show Bio

I read the first three but didn't really care for the writing, the art is decent though.

#9 Posted by Adnan (1037 posts) - - Show Bio

It started out mediocre, but it's been getting better with issue, generally. The introduction arc seems to be over, next arc has something do with with "the Timestream". If anyone wants to give it go, next issue would be a good time I think.

#10 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (34339 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it's pretty good

#11 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

Not reading it.

#12 Posted by Adnan (1037 posts) - - Show Bio

I re-read issues #1-#6 yesterday, and just read #7 now...it's definitely one of those titles 'written for the trade'. Literally, it's ten times better when read all at once as opposed to monthly. Trade-waiting this one isn't really an option though, when it's selling so low as it is...

#13 Posted by Kallarkz (3303 posts) - - Show Bio

Issue 7 was good. But I really don't think there is enough here and I'm pretty sure its cancellation is sure coming.

Also, I really wish they would elaborate more on his abilities. And one thing I was not prepared for when the new 52 came around was seeing captain atom not being able to take human form.

#14 Posted by jrock85 (2874 posts) - - Show Bio

Its one of the best books that people aren't reading.

#15 Posted by thestarguy (359 posts) - - Show Bio

@Adnan: @Adnan said:

I re-read issues #1-#6 yesterday, and just read #7 now...it's definitely one of those titles 'written for the trade'. Literally, it's ten times better when read all at once as opposed to monthly. Trade-waiting this one isn't really an option though, when it's selling so low as it is...

@jrock85: @jrock85 said:

It definitely reads better in one sitting, as the book actually is pretty good conceptually, but not necessarily well executed or strongly written. What would seriously help here is a good co-writer to share and smooth out the scripting/storytelling duties. I hope that it is NOT cancelled, as it is starting to hit a point that few DC books ever manage to. I am liking the self-exploration aspects, as the book is almost starting to remind me a little of Jim Starlin's "Warlock", although Starlin is a far stronger story-teller.

#16 Posted by RoboShark (1282 posts) - - Show Bio

I like it, and I did not think I would dig it.

#17 Posted by Deranged Midget (17853 posts) - - Show Bio

I had zero expectations for this and it turned out decent. The art is nice to look at as well.

#18 Posted by RyuHayabusa (2019 posts) - - Show Bio

@jrock85 said:

This

#19 Posted by Catsnlynne (1052 posts) - - Show Bio

The first issue of Captain Atom that I read was #3 and I only read it because The Flash was in it. Well I liked it and so I have since bought and read issues # 10, 11, 12, & 0.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.