New 52 Charlton Team?

#1 Posted by MyNemesisTotoro (28 posts) - - Show Bio

So with DC doing their New 52 one of the big things to be happening is the plethora of teams. Also (at least with the couple characters I've looked at) they seem to be looking a lot farther back in a character's history for inspiration on their New 52 version, such as the Question being much more like his Charlton version (among Rorschach and his JLU version). Either way how would everyone feel about a new team of New 52 Charlton characters? If you think it would be a cool idea what would your lineup be? Really we can choose from the Sentinels of Justice lineup (Captain Atom, Nightshade, Blue Beetle, and Question), a New 52 version of Watchmen (Captain Atom, Nightshade, Question, Blue Beetle, Thunderbolt, Peacemaker) although I think this version would be WAY too close to Watchmen with how much they overshadow the originals already [Edit: DC no longer has the rights to Thunderbolt so this lineup couldn't happen anyway], or the Living Assault Weapons lineup (Captain Atom, Nightshade, Blue Beetle, Question, Judomaster, Peacemaker, and Sarge Steel). I know most of these characters are far from the original Charlton versions (especially having Jaime Reyes on the team) but I just think it would be a nice tip of the hat to see their newest incarnations together again and a very interesting story. I personally would go for the LAW lineup but your thoughts? Thanks!

#2 Edited by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio

Considering they're embracing the Watchmen characters with Before Watchmen, they might be worried about overlap.

#3 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33066 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm gonna bump this because I think it's a really cool idea, also I think something needs to be done with Captain Atom because he's a really cool character and since is ongoing is cancelled he needs to be in a book so he's not forgotten 

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.