Follow

Captain Atom

Character » Captain Atom appears in 809 issues.

Nathaniel Adam was coerced into an experiment which bonded alien metal to his skin and sent him 18 years into the future, giving birth to Captain Atom, a superhero fueled by the Quantum Field.

Hank Hall, Captain Atom, Monarch

Nick-SV(ril)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Nick-SV(ril)

Im a bit confused even after reading the background info of them under the "Monarch" title over here (even after reading some series including him) Ok,so, Hank Hall was the first one to take upon the Monarch title,then trapped in the quantum-field. So here goes: 
    " The original Captain Atom (the Captain Atom who returns in the mid-1980s is revealed to be a quantum-field duplicate made of excess Dilustel) meets Hall and teaches him to manipulate the Quantum Field. " . Is the original Allen Adams and what about the duplicate?

" The second incarnation was Nathaniel Adam " .Was that the Nathaniel Adams / Captain Atom we know from the recent events? I guess not cause his whereabouts are unknown so far since his encounter with Booster Gold, and

" The third Monarch is the Quantum-Field duplicate of Nathaniel Adam." So I take it thats the Captain Atom we now know,also being featured in the latest Action Comics issues, telling his story after his Monarch "reign", but whats that "duplicate of Nathaniel Adam" about ?

So yea,Id appreciate if someone could shed some light here cause Im quite loosing it haha. thanks!

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Static Shock

Allen Adam is Charlton's version of Captain Atom. Totally different version. 

The second incarnation of Monarch was Nathaniel Adam (the real one). The one that everyone knew as Captain Atom was a clone of the original. This happened during the experiment that took place in 1968, after the atomic bomb detonated. The version of the Nathaniel Adam that resurfaced in 1986 as Captain Atom was the clone. The real Nathaniel Adam was trapped in the Quantum Field all those years. The third Monarch was in fact the Quantum Field clone of Nathaniel Adam. You hit it right on the money.

bumnut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By bumnut

I was always thought there was two Monarch's, Armageddon Monarch, who turned out to be Hank Hall (who was originally suppose to be Captain Atom, but DC turned tail and changed it when fans found out), and the more recent Monarch from Countdown, who was actually Captain Atom, who was suppose to be the original Capt Atom but DC changed it to Hank Hall, who later went on to become Extant.
    Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Static Shock
    @bumnut said:

" I was always thought there was two Monarch's, Armageddon Monarch, who turned out to be Hank Hall (who was originally suppose to be Captain Atom, but DC turned tail and changed it when fans found out), and the more recent Monarch from Countdown, who was actually Captain Atom, who was suppose to be the original Capt Atom but DC changed it to Hank Hall, who later went on to become Extant. "

This is the second one.

The Captain Atom we know and love is to the left. But, the second Monarch is to the right. Atom is like
     The Captain Atom we know and love is to the left. But, the second Monarch is to the right. Atom is like "You... You're me!" Captain Atom is the Quantum Field clone, while the second Monarch is the real Nathaniel Adam (the one we saw before the atomic bomb exploded during the experiment).
    bumnut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By bumnut

Ah, yes, starting to vaguely remember, Extreme Justice ( I remember from CA's hairdo ;-) I'll have to have a re-read. So the original CA was the second Monarch? Did that do a spiderclone thing where they told us that we've been reading a clone all this time?
    Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Static Shock
    @bumnut: Yes. Here.

No Caption Provided

Empurios

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

Wheres the clone now?

Empurios

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

so.....

Monarch I (Hank Hall)

Monarch II (Original Nathaniel Adams)

Monarch III (Clone of Nathaniel Adams)

Captain Atom in the leagues

what issues are these events in.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.