Does Captain Atom require food and water to survive?

#1 Posted by kingpin1 (188 posts) - - Show Bio

Does Captain Atom need to eat and drink to survive. Does he go to the bath room like regular humans? Does he still have sex as is armor is permanent correct?
Is it the same for Major Force?

#2 Edited by nightwing91 (3912 posts) - - Show Bio
@kingpin1: I'm pretty sure he's entirely self sustaining, and since he doesn't eat or drink there is no waste created. His armor is permanent as well. And the same would go for major  force.
#3 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
@nightwing91 said:
" @kingpin1: I'm pretty sure he's entirely self sustaining, and since he doesn't eat or drink there is no waste created. His armor is permanent as well. And the same would go for major  force. "

@kingpin1 said:
" Does Captain Atom need to eat and drink to survive. Does he go to the bath room like regular humans? Does he still have sex as is armor is permanent correct? Is it the same for Major Force? "

Captain Atom's armor isn't permanent. He's able to take it on and off at will. 

As a normal human, he functions as such, and has sex as well. With the armor on, he's self-sustaining.
#4 Posted by difficlus (10679 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock: interesting...i always knew there was skin under his armor but i never knew he could take it on and off at will...
#5 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
@difficlus: A lot of people don't know, and some seem to think that he's unable to take it off because Major Force cannot.
#6 Posted by achilles100 (200 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, the last issue of Generation Lost says he doesn't need to eat, one of two members of the current JLI who don't.

#7 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
@achilles100 said:
" Well, the last issue of Generation Lost says he doesn't need to eat, one of two members of the current JLI who don't. "
Yes. That was during a retrospective scene in the issue where Power Girl was brainwashed, back in the day when the original JLI was run by Max Lord. During that time, Captain Atom didn't need to eat with the Dilustel skin covering his body. Without it, he was a normal human and his body functioned like one.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.