Follow

Captain Atom

Character » Captain Atom appears in 809 issues.

Nathaniel Adam was coerced into an experiment which bonded alien metal to his skin and sent him 18 years into the future, giving birth to Captain Atom, a superhero fueled by the Quantum Field.

Captain Atom's Powers Down Played

Avatar image for darkknight96000
    darkknight96000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By darkknight96000

With the exception of when he is Monarch his powers seem to be down played, should DC stop this?

BatDance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By BatDance

They don't want this happening, ever

So as long as Superman leads he will remain a poor version of Surfer or a poor version of Dr M

mv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By mv
    @BatDance: 
    He's not a poor version of anything, and he isn't why atom is getting downplayed DC is
    TheGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By TheGuy
    @BatDance: Because he's a poor version of a Character created after him?
    thestarguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By thestarguy
    @BatDance: A picture is worth a 1,000 words.  But, secretly, I agree with you that this picture is, unfortunately, probably why Captain Atom's powers tend to get downplayed so much.  Personally , he is my favorite DC hero, and he has EXACTLY the right power set for a 21st century hero.    I don't consider him to be a poor man's version of anyone!
    Jodin20723

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Jodin20723

So i guess the better question is in a Fight (to the death) who would win? Captain Atom or Superman? have to take into consideration this is CA and not Monarch that will be fighting. Superman faired off well vs Breech, Major Force and has shown that while fighting CA , superman does have the advantage in Strength and Speed. and i am aware of CA beating both Mr. Majestic and Apollo even though i feel that was slight piss on the Mr.Majestic front but the win vs Apollo was very smart. but really who do you feel would win?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.