Who can use the shield perfectly?

#1 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

We know that Steve Rogers, Bucky Barnes and Clint can use it

are there more people on Earth that could use it?

#2 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (84704 posts) - - Show Bio

Taskmaster

U.S. Agent

#3 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

well did you forget taskmaster and u.s. agent?

#4 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (84704 posts) - - Show Bio

I beat you Apple :P

#5 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

"I beat you Apple :P"

lol you sure did!
Post Edited:2008-04-10 22:34:53

#7 Posted by Shaper (5168 posts) - - Show Bio

The hulk was able to use much more letally. I have a feeling Spider-man could use it well. Taskmaster can. It's basically like a frezzebe (Can't spell it) to me.

#8 Posted by Shaper (5168 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

"I beat you Apple :P"

Me too.

#9 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

"TaskmasterU.S. Agent"

lol I forgot those

someone else?

#10 Posted by Shaper (5168 posts) - - Show Bio

Nighthunter says:

"Gambler says:
"Taskmaster U.S. Agent"
lol I forgot those someone else?"

Cough Look at my post Cough

#11 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

Shaper says:

"Nighthunter says:
"Gambler says:
"Taskmaster U.S. Agent"

Cough Look at my post Cough"

Spider-man is a good choice....

but why hulk? don't understand that choice

#12 Posted by danhimself (22684 posts) - - Show Bio

patriot?

#13 Posted by Shaper (5168 posts) - - Show Bio

Nighthunter says:

"Shaper says:
"Nighthunter says:
"Gambler says:
"Taskmaster U.S. Agent"
*Cough* Look at my post *Cough*"
Spider-man is a good choice.... but why hulk? don't understand that choice"

If you read, Hulk: The End, you'll see why. The hulk grabbed Cap's sheild in there and threw it at Mastero so hard that it went right into his chest. He then was about to use it to chop him in half.

#14 Posted by Lord Doom (424 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

"Taskmaster U.S. Agent"

Agreed and MVP.

#15 Posted by danhimself (22684 posts) - - Show Bio

i'm thinking wolverine could use it too

#16 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

Shaper says:

"Nighthunter says:
"Shaper says:
"Nighthunter says:
"Gambler says:
"Taskmaster U.S. Agent"
If you read, Hulk: The End, you'll see why. The hulk grabbed Cap's sheild in there and threw it at Mastero so hard that it went right into his chest. He then was about to use it to chop him in half."

that doesnt mean he can use the shield well. he's just strong so when he throws it, it does more damage than cap can. but he cant bounce it around off of things like cap can, so he cant use it that well.

#17 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

sharper-oh ok, but that sounds like pure strength instead of skill

Doom-Why MVP? I know he is practically cap without the serum but does that make him someone capable of using it?

#18 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (84704 posts) - - Show Bio

In theory Magneto should be able to.

#19 Posted by danhimself (22684 posts) - - Show Bio

Apparition says:

"danhimself says:
"i'm thinking wolverine could use it too"
why????"

i don't know...i'm just thinking that with his enhanced senses and whatnot that he probably would be able to use it

#20 Posted by Lord Doom (424 posts) - - Show Bio

Apparition says:

"danhimself says:
why????"

I was going to ask that too.

#21 Posted by Lord Doom (424 posts) - - Show Bio

Nighthunter says:

"sharper-oh ok, but that sounds like pure strength instead of skill Doom-Why MVP? I know he is practically cap without the serum but does that make him someone capable of using it?"

Bucky didn't have much experience with using it either until jut recently.MVP could pick it up just as fast as he did.

#22 Posted by Lord Doom (424 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

"In theory Magneto should be able to."

This is also true but Magnus would kind of be cheating.

#23 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

danhimself says:

why????

#24 Posted by Shaper (5168 posts) - - Show Bio

Apparition says:

"Shaper says:
"Nighthunter says:
"Shaper says:
"Nighthunter says:
"Gambler says:
"Taskmaster U.S. Agent"
If you read, Hulk: The End, you'll see why. The hulk grabbed Cap's sheild in there and threw it at Mastero so hard that it went right into his chest. He then was about to use it to chop him in half."
that doesnt mean he can use the shield well. he's just strong so when he throws it, it does more damage than cap can. but he cant bounce it around off of things like cap can, so he cant use it that well."
I'm pretty sure it was bouncing around in there. But, remember, it was The smart hulk. And the smart hulk was more skill/smarts then brute.
Post Edited:2008-04-10 23:03:06
#25 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

Shaper says:

"Apparition says:
"Shaper says:
"Nighthunter says:
"Shaper says:
"Nighthunter says:
"Gambler says:
"Taskmaster U.S. Agent"
that doesnt mean he can use the shield well. he's just strong so when he throws it, it does more damage than cap can. but he cant bounce it around off of things like cap can, so he cant use it that well."
I'm pretty sure it was bouncing around in there. But, remember, it was The smart hulk. And the smart hulk was more skill/smarts then brute.
Post Edited:2008-04-10 23:03:06"

even smart hulk doesnt have any real skill. and i dont remember it that way but hulk doesnt have the skill to use the shield perfectly like the question. throwing it hard once doesnt mean he would be great with the shield.

#26 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

danhimself says:

"Apparition says:
"danhimself says:
why????"
i don't know...i'm just thinking that with his enhanced senses and whatnot that he probably would be able to use it"

lol what is he going to smell it coming dan? can he tell by the sound it makes when it hits a wall which way it will bounce? lol

#27 Posted by Lord Doom (424 posts) - - Show Bio

I would also choose Echo as a possible shield user.

#28 Posted by danhimself (22684 posts) - - Show Bio

Apparition says:

"danhimself says:
"Apparition says:
"danhimself says:
why????"
i don't know...i'm just thinking that with his enhanced senses and whatnot that he probably would be able to use it"
lol what is he going to smell it coming dan? can he tell by the sound it makes when it hits a wall which way it will bounce? lol"

like i said i don't know what makes me think that but i just kinda think he could i mean he uses other weapons with ease...wait..i thought of something...hawkeye can use the shield right? well who's the heroes reborn universe hawkeye? that's right wolverine! ha ha pulled that one out of my a$$

#29 Posted by danhimself (22684 posts) - - Show Bio

Apparition says:

"danhimself says:
"Apparition says:
"danhimself says:
"Apparition says:
"danhimself says:
why????"
lol what is he going to smell it coming dan? can he tell by the sound it makes when it hits a wall which way it will bounce? lol"
like i said i don't know what makes me think that but i just kinda think he could i mean he uses other weapons with ease...wait..i thought of something...hawkeye can use the shield right? well who's the heroes reborn universe hawkeye? that's right wolverine! ha ha pulled that one out of my a$$"
lol whatever."

WHAT!! that's some good reasoning!!

#30 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

danhimself says:

"Apparition says:
"danhimself says:
"Apparition says:
"danhimself says:
why????"
like i said i don't know what makes me think that but i just kinda think he could i mean he uses other weapons with ease...wait..i thought of something...hawkeye can use the shield right? well who's the heroes reborn universe hawkeye? that's right wolverine! ha ha pulled that one out of my a$$"

lol whatever.

#31 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

lol suuuurrrreee it is

#32 Posted by danhimself (22684 posts) - - Show Bio

you can admit it...no one's looking

#33 Posted by Bob-A-Ferret (75 posts) - - Show Bio

Well All of the different Caps have used the shield very accurately. Steve Bucky and Jon Walker have been mentioned but there are a total of 7 caps so there are 4 more(Jeff Mace, William Nasland and the others). And if you go into the time line Cable, Marvel Boy (Vance Astro),American Dream and a whole slew of others. I note Clint Barton was mentioned but Falcon, Nomad and Battle-Star have not been nor has Isiah Bradley. and as for bad guys Protocide and Task-master are mentioned but what about Flag-smasher, Cross bones,Grand Director (Who was once a Captain America before he was brainwashed) and Red skull oh yeah and the was Left and Right Winger who where trained along side John Walker and Battle star to use the shield. And what of international heroes Steel-guardian Red-guardians 1,2, & 3 & Syria and Argentina both have shield wielding heroes who are fairly accurate. And as I recall Sword master was able to use it accurately as well. and then we have Patriot the newest shield wielder, and his uncle who is on the crew. I think thats everyone in Marvel.

#34 Posted by Bob-A-Ferret (75 posts) - - Show Bio

danhimself says:

"Apparition says:
"danhimself says:
"Apparition says:
"danhimself says:
why????"

I will agree only because Wolverine has used a garbage can lid as caps shield against a hydra agent and mentions he needs to thank Cap for that lesson.But the rest of you argument seems funny

#35 Posted by Sling Shot (3560 posts) - - Show Bio

Daredevil, obviously.....

#36 Posted by Copy (8336 posts) - - Show Bio

I say Chief.

#37 Posted by Buckshot (18925 posts) - - Show Bio

Coulda sworn I had posted 'Bullseye'.

#38 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (84704 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"Bullseye."
#39 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio
#40 Posted by Bob-A-Ferret (75 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm I wonder how well Gambit and Moonnight would do with it?

#41 Posted by Risky (12629 posts) - - Show Bio

Taskmaster has proven to be pretty adept with his own shield, as well as U.S. Agent and I think Patriot could do it as well. Red Guardian had extensive trainig with his shield as well so I could  bet he could do it as well.

I wonder why no one named Jack Flag so far. In the new thunderbolts he has shown great skills in throwing a hub cap (!!!), leeting it bounce off three different points and hitting Songbird onto the larynx. Imagine what he could do with the shield! Plus: he was trained by Cap himself.

#42 Posted by Mariella Heron (192 posts) - - Show Bio

Destiny could, technically.

#43 Posted by Kid Deadpool (39 posts) - - Show Bio

Cage? Iron Fist?

#44 Posted by karrob (4283 posts) - - Show Bio

Patriot, Nomad RIP

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.