Steves new shield

#1 Posted by daak1212 (7901 posts) - - Show Bio

Where did Steve get this new shield from?  Its an energy construct that was seen in Steve Rogers: Super Soldier and Secret Avengers 2.  Can someone explain this to me
#2 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio

He used to use a similar shield. It was generated from his glove.

#3 Posted by daak1212 (7901 posts) - - Show Bio
@Andferne said:
"He used to use a similar shield. It was generated from his glove. "

Yeah Im wondering is it the same shield taht stark gave him that can he can manipulate into different shapes and shot at people?  So the new shield comes out his glove or watch?  In SA 2 it looked like his watch
#4 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio

Doubt it is the same one he had in the past. Believe it got destroyed (but I could be wrong). Not much it known about the new shield. I'm just happy to see that he has one and uses it.

#5 Posted by Green Skin (2932 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it's just the old photonic shield.  I recall him grabbing it during a fight awhile back.

#6 Edited by Legacy_ (10667 posts) - - Show Bio
@Green Skin said:

" I think it's just the old photonic shield.  I recall him grabbing it during a fight awhile back. "

Your right it was a Siege issue of New Avengers I believe issue 62
#7 Posted by Green Skin (2932 posts) - - Show Bio
@Closure said:
" @Green Skin said:

" I think it's just the old photonic shield.  I recall him grabbing it during a fight awhile back. "

Your right it was a Siege issue of New Avengers I believe issue 62 "
Good call!  I was going nuts trying to find it in the Captain America books, lol.
#8 Posted by daak1212 (7901 posts) - - Show Bio
@Green Skin said:
" @Closure said:
" @Green Skin said:

Your right it was a Siege issue of New Avengers I believe issue 62 "
Good call!  I was going nuts trying to find it in the Captain America books, lol. "

Ineresting, I I'm not mistaken he can alter the shape of it and actually shoot it as opposed to throw it right?
#9 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio
@daak1212 said:
"Ineresting, I I'm not mistaken he can alter the shape of it and actually shoot it as opposed to throw it right? "
If it is like the old one. Then he can fire it from his wrist like a blast. But it is not capable of ricocheting off things and does not return to him. He can however instantly summon forth another one.
#10 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio

#11 Posted by karrob (4280 posts) - - Show Bio
@Andferne said:
"
"
Cool
#12 Posted by Shadowdoggy (3815 posts) - - Show Bio

yeah, he found it during New Avs, I think 
he grabbed to protect him from some HAMMER agents if I'm remembering correctly
#13 Posted by War Killer (20339 posts) - - Show Bio

The one he had in New Avengers was cool, makes sense that he'd still use one, he may not be wearing the flag any more, but he's still good with a shield never the less.

#14 Posted by IrishX (2415 posts) - - Show Bio

Cap firing energy blasts is not cool.

#15 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio
@IrishX said:
"Cap firing energy blasts is not cool. "
I love the energy Shield.
#16 Posted by IrishX (2415 posts) - - Show Bio
@Andferne said:
" @IrishX said:
"Cap firing energy blasts is not cool. "
I love the energy Shield. "

Sorry I don't want to see Cap flying around the galaxy or shooting energy blasts or anything like that. I like that for the most part he's pretty grounded in reality... atleast imo.
#17 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio
@IrishX said:
" Sorry I don't want to see Cap flying around the galaxy or shooting energy blasts or anything like that. I like that for the most part he's pretty grounded in reality... atleast imo. "
How does Steve having a Energy Glove Shield (bare in mind one he already had and used for some time in the past) translate to flying around the galaxy? I guess in the old stories he should of sat out and not lead his team in the Kree Wars, or the Skrull fight, or even in the Infinity War (and Crusade). Of course I can go on with a lot of other story arcs in which he has traveled all over the place. And this was decades ago, not anything new they put with the character.
#18 Posted by IrishX (2415 posts) - - Show Bio
@Andferne:
Not sure what kind of response you want or expect but all I can really say is that nothing you posted changes my opinion that Captain America shooting energy blasts is stupid. I would feel the same way about Daredevil for instance. If he started shooting energy blasts from his hands that would be stupid as well. Maybe you would like Cap to be more like Iron Man?
#19 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio
@IrishX: So I take it then that you have felt Cap is stupid since the 90's? Because that is when he also used the energy shield for a while. Or perhaps throughout his entire career you have felt the character is stupid. Since he routinely went along with the Avengers on missions that not only encompassed Earth, but other Galaxies as well. The point is Steve having access to the energy shield again makes no difference to the character.

imo Cap without a shield is stranger and not 'cool' than Cap having his energy shield back.
#20 Edited by IrishX (2415 posts) - - Show Bio
@Andferne:
Cap the character is cool no matter what. Nobody is arguing that.  

Yes, Steve on missions in space are stupid and so is him shooting energy blasts. That does not make the character stupid though. 

Let me also add that you win because I just don't care enough about this. Congratulations, your opinion wins.
#21 Posted by Pacperson (307 posts) - - Show Bio
@IrishX said:
"

Cap firing energy blasts is not cool.

"
I agree...The energy shield thing should be Taskmasters Thing,

And Even he doesn't use it that often..

Seeing Cap use it is a little weird.
#22 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio
@Pacperson: Cap used one well before Taskmaster ever did. Steve even battled Task with the energy shield before.
#23 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio
@IrishX:  Yay for maturity.
It's called difference of opinion and debating your side. It's not for everyone.
#24 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

If you didn't get a reply the first time, then you could have bumped the thread.  There was no need to create a duplicate thread:  Steves new shield.

#25 Posted by Vision2.0 (114 posts) - - Show Bio

Old School shield is much better... 
nuff said 

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.