is it a big feat to destroy the shield?

#1 Posted by The_Empathic_King (59 posts) - - Show Bio

so many people have broken it is it still a big feat?

#2 Posted by Z3RO180 (6563 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Empathic_King: id say yes but also no

#3 Posted by joshmightbe (24885 posts) - - Show Bio

Well it is an Adamantium/Vibranium alloy so being capable of breaking it should be a big deal

#4 Posted by AweSam (7375 posts) - - Show Bio

Depends how you define "destroy".

#5 Edited by Onemoreposter (4058 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe said:

Well it is an Adamantium/Vibranium alloy so being capable of breaking it should be a big deal

I thought he had an enchanted Admantine one from Asgard now?

#6 Posted by Cap10nate (2309 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it is a very big deal considering that everyone who broke it had God like powers at the time with the exception of Molecule Man who at the same time dissolved Mjolnir and the Surfer's board.

Thanos broke it with the Infinity Gauntlet giving him supreme Power

Doom did it after taking the Beyonder's power.

The Serpent broke it who had the power of Odin.

Thor broke it in a rage using Mjolnir.

I would say that still makes it a pretty big feat to destroy the shield. You either have to have the power of a god or be able to control molecules.

@Onemoreposter: He still has his original shield that was broken by the Serpent in Fear Itself. It was repaired by the dwarves and dipped in Uru which made it stronger.

#7 Posted by Onemoreposter (4058 posts) - - Show Bio

@Cap10nate: Ah, right. I try to put most of fear itself out of my head.

#8 Posted by War Killer (20223 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes, and it should be for good reason.

#9 Posted by daak1212 (7901 posts) - - Show Bio

@Cap10nate said:

I think it is a very big deal considering that everyone who broke it had God like powers at the time with the exception of Molecule Man who at the same time dissolved Mjolnir and the Surfer's board.

Thanos broke it with the Infinity Gauntlet giving him supreme Power

Doom did it after taking the Beyonder's power.

The Serpent broke it who had the power of Odin.

Thor broke it in a rage using Mjolnir.

I would say that still makes it a pretty big feat to destroy the shield. You either have to have the power of a god or be able to control molecules.

@Onemoreposter: He still has his original shield that was broken by the Serpent in Fear Itself. It was repaired by the dwarves and dipped in Uru which made it stronger.

It was also broken when dropped after Beyonder screwed up fixing the shield.

It is a big deal but it has been broke many of times

#10 Posted by Paracelsus (1652 posts) - - Show Bio

Breaking Captain America's shield is certainly a big deal- not even the Hulk can do it!

Terry

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.