Cap's Shield in Iron Man 2

#1 Posted by King Quisling (1980 posts) - - Show Bio

So, What exactly is going on here?  
Did Howard Stark invent Vibranium and then in turn create the shield? 
Why does it seemed layered? Does it have something to do with how it "flies?" 
Do you guys like how it's looking or would you of prefered a more traditional look? 
#2 Posted by homeslice (178 posts) - - Show Bio

I think they made it tech based so it would have a reason for being in Tony's lab. I prefer the original Vibranium alloy tho.

#3 Posted by Lustwish (531 posts) - - Show Bio

needs to be bigger

#4 Posted by SandwichTank (26 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lustwish said:
" needs to be bigger "
only a little though. compared to that guy (dont remember if he even had a name) it looks about right
#5 Posted by Alexandria LeSha Lopez (199 posts) - - Show Bio
@SandwichTank said:
" @Lustwish said:
" needs to be bigger "
only a little though. compared to that guy (dont remember if he even had a name) it looks about right "
Agent Colston
#6 Posted by War Killer (20261 posts) - - Show Bio

This was a personal favorite for me in the movie, just with how they randomly present it, then Tony dismissing it as if it was nothing, I thought it was hilarious xD

#7 Posted by Alexandria LeSha Lopez (199 posts) - - Show Bio
@War Killer said:
" This was a personal favorite for me in the movie, just with how they randomly present it, then Tony dismissing it as if it was nothing, I thought it was hilarious xD "
LOL ME TOO!
#8 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7901 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe Tony was trying to figure out how to duplicate the original shield?....probably came up unsuccessful if all it was worth was to level out something for him. lol.

#9 Posted by Nova`Prime` (4165 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't believe that's THE shield, its probably a mock up.

#10 Posted by SandwichTank (26 posts) - - Show Bio
@BiteMe-Fanboy said:
" Maybe Tony was trying to figure out how to duplicate the original shield?....probably came up unsuccessful if all it was worth was to level out something for him. lol. "
or maybe howard stark was the one who made vibranium and then tried to recreate it, failed and just scrapped the duplicate shield, putting it in that big crate thing. 
#11 Posted by zmanm407 (135 posts) - - Show Bio

It looked like that when it was in the background of Iron Man 1, as well.        
it's just below his arm
#12 Posted by zero man (237 posts) - - Show Bio
@zmanm407: nice eye

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.