Review: Captain America #608

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff
    Zemo is trying to ruin Bucky's life, and in this latest issue, secret information on Bucky's former job could be released to the public.

The Good

We've seen villains try to ruin heroes lives a million times in comic books, but in this issue of Captain America, it works incredibly well simply because Bucky has such a dark past. There's a couple big things about Bucky that are revealed, in sorts, within this issue, and it will eventually turn this character's life upside-down. The book moved incredibly quick, in a good way, and it's all just really set-up for the next couple of issues. I'm very excited to see where this book will go in the next couple of months. Brubaker has done an amazing job with these characters on this book for the past five years.

The Bad

I do not like the art. It feels a bit klunky and doesn't mix with the story that well. I long for the days of Hitch or Epting to return to the book. The art style in here feels like it came from the Silver Age with a contemporary colorist on it. It just doesn't fit. I'd rather see a more contemporary style than anything, even if it's sub-par. As always, I'm not a fan of the back-up story. The only Nomad I like is six feet under right now.

The Verdict 4/5

Yet again, we're getting into another amazing story arc by Ed Brubaker. This is one of those more rare occasions where the story is strong enough for me to ignore the fact I didn't like another aspect of the book. If you're a Captain America fan, pick this book up. Non-Cap fans may have trouble jumping in since so much has changed with this character over the past 5 years.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
    deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

*covers eyes* Can't wait for this issue today!
    doordoor123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By doordoor123

LOL. That Nomad story is so bothersome. I agree, Nomad shouldnt even be a second feature.

I was thinking about dropping this book, but it looks like ill have to pick this up. Maybe ill drop Secret Avengers instead.

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#3  Edited By inferiorego  Staff
    @doordoor123 said:
    "

LOL. That Nomad story is so bothersome. I agree, Nomad shouldnt even be a second feature.

I was thinking about dropping this book, but it looks like ill have to pick this up. Maybe ill drop Secret Avengers instead.

"
    Keep Secret Avengers, as long as they leave Mars soon.
    doordoor123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By doordoor123
    @inferiorego said:
    " @doordoor123 said:
    "

"
    Keep Secret Avengers, as long as they leave Mars soon. "

I like the team, the story just feels stale. And i dont have the money to pick up stale books. Once the Secret Avengers gets better (like Captain America) i might start picking it up again.
    vegeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By vegeta

yeahhh
    Pizawle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Pizawle

Last two issues were alright but nothing special. Hopefully things pick up.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
    deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

Good stuff from Brubaker as usual with a few surprises..

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.