Would Captain America.....?

#1 Posted by Larkin1388 (1760 posts) - - Show Bio

Would Captain American endorse the use of steroids? I mean, he was a man that was injected with a "serum" that enhanced his abilities turning him into a super soldier, which sounds like steroids to me only permanent. What do you think?

#2 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29332 posts) - - Show Bio

No he would not endorse something terrible for you.

#3 Posted by Mercy_ (92099 posts) - - Show Bio
@InnerVenom123 said:
" No he would not endorse something terrible for you. "
This.
Moderator Online
#4 Posted by Larkin1388 (1760 posts) - - Show Bio

It just seems like a less permanent slower version of the super soldier serum... sounds kinda hypocritical 

#5 Posted by PowerHerc (78288 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope, no way, no how, never.   
Kinda ironic, isn't it?
#6 Posted by Larkin1388 (1760 posts) - - Show Bio
@PowerHerc:  It is actually
#7 Posted by TheRegalBeast (48 posts) - - Show Bio

The super solder serum its self could be comparable to Steroids, but it was the bombardment of VIta-Ray radiation that made it super.  The serum has to be considered in its entirely, and it change his mental and cognitive ability as well.  With those two specifics added its not comparable at all.

#8 Posted by TypingKira (3509 posts) - - Show Bio

Cap took the serum to become a soldier to fight for his country because he was a weak little pansy. I could see how that could technically be seen as using steroids, but for anything other than doing what he did, he wouldn't endorse any kind of enhancement drugs. 

#9 Edited by Outside_85 (7174 posts) - - Show Bio

Depends on the context. 

If for your own fun and looks, then no. 

However if it was to go fight a threat to America...then yes if it was part of the military program if you were badly needed and the army couldnt build you up the old fashion way, or dont have the time.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.