Follow

Captain America

Character » Captain America appears in 11752 issues.

During World War II, Steve Rogers volunteered to receive the experimental Super-Soldier Serum. Enhanced to the pinnacle of human physical potential and armed with an unbreakable shield, he became Captain America. After a failed mission left him encased in ice for decades, he was found and revived by the Avengers, later joining their ranks and eventually becoming the team's leader.

Working On WW2 Captain America Costume: Post 1

Sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Sammo21

Hey guys, my wife and I are working on a WW2 Captain America costume. Right now she has the cargo pants complete and I have finished the WW2 style pot helmet. Here's a couple pictures of that:

My wife is currently working on the double breasted jacket and once that's completed I will post. Any feedback is greatly appreciated! Also, the helmet needs much touching up as you can tell, but this will be the general look of it.

No Caption Provided
    cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By cattlebattle

cool man,Is this gonna be film related or just his classic WW2 garb? What kind of boots does he wear in the film?? I have never seen his feet, regular combat boots?

Sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Sammo21

@cattlebattle: it's inspired by a mix of traditional Captain America and Ultimate WW2 Captain America. Not sure what kind of boots he wears in the film offhand, but I am going to be using standard boots with the WW2 army boot covers. Today I purchased a pistol belt, ammo pouches, para trooper suspenders, and the chin strap for my pot helmet. I don't think I am going to have the mask he has in Ultimates WW2 finished by next Friday but we'll see. I am planning on wearing as much as I can to the midnight showing next week.

Shield won't be complete either as what I was working on didn't work out. I do however have a huge plastic prop shield that should work fine for the time being.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.