Follow

Captain America

Character » Captain America appears in 11751 issues.

During World War II, Steve Rogers volunteered to receive the experimental Super-Soldier Serum. Enhanced to the pinnacle of human physical potential and armed with an unbreakable shield, he became Captain America. After a failed mission left him encased in ice for decades, he was found and revived by the Avengers, later joining their ranks and eventually becoming the team's leader.

Winter Soldier

vandinejd_1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By vandinejd_1991

With the death of Bucky in Captain America: The First Avenger and the possibility of there being Captain America sequels- Do you think they will bring back Bucky as the Winter Soldier, and if so how would they portray him: like the comics did where the Soviets brainwashed him and he remembered nothing of his past life until his battle with Cap, or something similar to Jason Todd, who rememberes everything but is ticked at Cap for not saving him and thus remains on the side of the Soviets?

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#2  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

From how Bucky was found by Steve strapped down to a table and was apparently being experimented on by Armin Zola, I would expect Bucky will return as Winter Soldier, but instead of being a assassin for the Soviets would end up being a Hydra Super-Soldier. Plus how Zola was played in the first movie, I could see him returning in the sequel (hopefully in his robotic body) and will play some part in brainwashing Bucky.

Honestly at this point it's up in the air as to the villain, but seeing as the director wants to make a Winter Soldier movie I wouldn't be surprised if that who Cap ended up fighting in the next movie.

GTG12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By GTG12

@War Killer:

I agree with warkiller. I belive that the story will be about winter soldier and one of the zemo's.

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By Gambit1024

@War Killer said:

From how Bucky was found by Steve strapped down to a table and was apparently being experimented on by Armin Zola, I would expect Bucky will return as Winter Soldier, but instead of being a assassin for the Soviets would end up being a Hydra Super-Soldier. Plus how Zola was played in the first movie, I could see him returning in the sequel (hopefully in his robotic body) and will play some part in brainwashing Bucky. Honestly at this point it's up in the air as to the villain, but seeing as the director wants to make a Winter Soldier movie I wouldn't be surprised if that who Cap ended up fighting in the next movie.

Did you hear the commentary on the movie? Cause Joe Johnston basically said this word for word, lol. And also, there's a scene (can't remember atm) where Skull and Zola escape from one of their hideouts and Zola takes something with him. If you look very closely, it's the schematic for Zola's robotic body he'd used in the comics.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#5  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @Gambit1024 said:

@War Killer said:

From how Bucky was found by Steve strapped down to a table and was apparently being experimented on by Armin Zola, I would expect Bucky will return as Winter Soldier, but instead of being a assassin for the Soviets would end up being a Hydra Super-Soldier. Plus how Zola was played in the first movie, I could see him returning in the sequel (hopefully in his robotic body) and will play some part in brainwashing Bucky. Honestly at this point it's up in the air as to the villain, but seeing as the director wants to make a Winter Soldier movie I wouldn't be surprised if that who Cap ended up fighting in the next movie.

Did you hear the commentary on the movie? Cause Joe Johnston basically said this word for word, lol. And also, there's a scene (can't remember atm) where Skull and Zola escape from one of their hideouts and Zola takes something with him. If you look very closely, it's the schematic for Zola's robotic body he'd used in the comics.

O_o Actually, I haven't done the commentary on the DVD yet but now I may go back and do that xD

That was when Steve was recusing Bucky and Zola was walking out of his offices when he had that short stare-off with Cap before fleeing. But yeah, I saw the blueprints for his robot body (I love the pause button xD) and at first I thought it was something for the Winter Soldier but liked the little ester egg they threw in with it being the schematics of his robotic body. I know Zola isn't one of Cap's greatest or even worst foes, but I do hope they choose to use him again in the sequels.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.