Follow

Captain America

Character » Captain America appears in 11749 issues.

During World War II, Steve Rogers volunteered to receive the experimental Super-Soldier Serum. Enhanced to the pinnacle of human physical potential and armed with an unbreakable shield, he became Captain America. After a failed mission left him encased in ice for decades, he was found and revived by the Avengers, later joining their ranks and eventually becoming the team's leader.

Why Stan Lee cameo in Captain America?

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 55

#1  Edited By Extremis

He didn't create Cap like he did the other characters whose movies he was in, so what was with the cameo?

Avatar image for rulerofthisuniverse
    RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

Because he'll probably have cameos in all the Marvel movies, not just the ones based on his characters.

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for rulerofthisuniverse
    RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@extremis: Because he's a well-known figure at Marvel and they decided to put him in as Easter eggs in each film.

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

because he was part in creating Marvel, 'nuff said.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

Because he's being set up as the MCU's version of The Watcher.

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Extremis

Fair enough

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because he's being set up as the MCU's version of The Watcher. The One Above All

Night Thrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

He revitalized the character when he resurrected him in the 60s in the Avengers book. He and Kirby also wrote and drew a large portion of Cap's solo series after the resurrection.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By PowerHerc

Maybe it's because Cap is the first character Stan Lee did work on back in the '40s.

Maybe it's because Joe Simon and Jack Kirby (the co-creators of Captain America) are both deceased and Stan Lee is the closest thing Marvel has to an original Cap creator. Stan Lee, along with Jack Kirby, was part of the creative team who brought Cap back into action back in the '60s.

spider11211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By spider11211

Maybe it's because Cap is the first character Stan Lee did work on back in the '40s.

Maybe it's because Joe Simon and Jack Kirby (the co-creators of Captain America) are both deceased and Stan Lee is the closest thing Marvel has to an original Cap creator. Stan Lee, along with Jack Kirby, was part of the creative team who brought Cap back into action back in the '60s.

photo when-someone-posts-a-gif-that-loops-right-Imgur.gif

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Extremis
    Avatar image for thetimestreamer
    theTimeStreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

because he was in all the other marvel movies and HE IS THE FACE OF MARVEL.

M3th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By M3th

What was his cameo again? I try to remember them all and I can't Remember his cameo on Cap or Thor's film. Was he on The Wolverine or X-Men: Origins?

spider11211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because he can....Stan is the man....Nuff Said.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Veshark

@powerherc said:

Uh actually the First Avenger was released in July 2011, and Joe Simon only passed away in December of the same year. Here's an excerpt of an interview with Simon regarding the movie:

“I’ve seen the trailers and the posters, and everything looks great,” he says. “Stephen Broussard, the co-producer of the movie, has been keeping me up to date, and I really appreciate everything he’s done. It’s a real thrill to see the character looking so good on screen.

“Jack actually came back to the character years later, first with Stan Lee and then on his own, so I think he would have been especially thrilled, and so happy to see that they’re crediting us with what we did in creating the character and producing his origin.”

Reason why they did it was because Stan is the unofficial 'face of Marvel'. Damn shame they didn't give a cameo to Mr. Simon.

LimboBot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By LimboBot

probably the " F*ck you, that's why reason" :/

I mean, he is stan lee, a recognizable face so it makes sense i guess.

spider11211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BECAUSE HE IS STAN LEE

stan-lee-o.gif

Spideysense44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

bc he's stan the man the guy basically started marvel and unless he is dead i dnt see one reason why he does not deserve a cameo

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@m3th said:

What was his cameo again? I try to remember them all and I can't Remember his cameo on Cap or Thor's film. Was he on The Wolverine or X-Men: Origins?

I can't remember his cameo in Cap either but he was the guy who ripped the bed off the truck trying to pull Mjlonir out of the crater

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veshark said:
    @spider11211 said:

@powerherc said:

Uh actually the First Avenger was released in July 2011, and Joe Simon only passed away in December of the same year. Here's an excerpt of an interview with Simon regarding the movie:

“I’ve seen the trailers and the posters, and everything looks great,” he says. “Stephen Broussard, the co-producer of the movie, has been keeping me up to date, and I really appreciate everything he’s done. It’s a real thrill to see the character looking so good on screen.

“Jack actually came back to the character years later, first with Stan Lee and then on his own, so I think he would have been especially thrilled, and so happy to see that they’re crediting us with what we did in creating the character and producing his origin.”

Reason why they did it was because Stan is the unofficial 'face of Marvel'. Damn shame they didn't give a cameo to Mr. Simon.

Thanks for pointing this out.

Considering Simon was one of the original co-creators of Captain America (the only surviving one at that time), he should have at least been offered a cameo in the movie.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veshark said:
    @spider11211 said:

@powerherc said:

Considering Simon was one of the original co-creators of Captain America (the only surviving one at that time), he should have at least been offered a cameo in the movie.

Yeah, kinda bugs me too. Maybe it was a scheduling conflict, but would it have been so hard to put Joe Simon right next to Stan Lee in the cameo? I mean he doesn't even need a line, just him being there would've been great.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veshark said:

@powerherc said:

@veshark said:
    @spider11211 said:

@powerherc said:

Yeah, kinda bugs me too. Maybe it was a scheduling conflict, but would it have been so hard to put Joe Simon right next to Stan Lee in the cameo? I mean he doesn't even need a line, just him being there would've been great.

I don't think it would've been all that hard. Hell, they could've put Joe Simon in it instead of Stan Lee.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.