Why doesnt cap use more guns/Explosives/tech?

#1 Posted by DATNIGGA (1185 posts) - - Show Bio

& I'll admit in the past I wasn't a been a big fan of cap ive always said he was peak human thus weaker than the rest. but whenever i used to say that people say ''well according to that logic batman is also pathetic when you compare him to super humans & we all know that isnt true''

that is true but batman can compete mainly due to his skills/ninja like tactics/ & tech but how does cap compete?

most of the time when i see him in a one on one fight he sort of just rushes the opponent or throws a shield at them & most of the time.. unrealistically the shield somehow manages to take everyone out... i personally think thats a bit cheap but w/e...

anyway he is a solder so to add to his fighting shouldn't he be caring guns / explosives / army tech? cause American solders are getting more advanced why not captain America?

#2 Posted by cattlebattle (12579 posts) - - Show Bio

Cap has a state of mind forever frozen (puntastic) in the 1930-40s, basically, technology doesn't suit him and would be sort of contradictory of his character...

#3 Posted by DATNIGGA (1185 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle: True but.. how far can throwing a sheild take you?

#4 Posted by cattlebattle (12579 posts) - - Show Bio
@DATNIGGA said:

pretty far I guess, Cap is still a popular character
#5 Posted by royale_with_cheese (747 posts) - - Show Bio

@DATNIGGA said:

How far? Take a look

#6 Posted by War Killer (19865 posts) - - Show Bio

This is one of things I loved about Bucky when he was Cap and something Ultimate Cap tends to do in that they use weapons like guns, explosives, etc. along with the shield. It made sense seeing as they are both military based characters and trained soldiers. As for mainstream Cap using guns and such, I don't get where people get this "it's out of character for him" argument. Steve Rogers NEVER wanted to be a superhero, he just wanted to be a soldier. Soldier's use guns in war, that's kinda what you do in war, shoot the enemy; whether writers like to show it in flashbacks or not, Cap DID use guns during WWII. I can understand not using them against some villains or simple thugs, but like during Fear Itself for example I could see Cap pulling out a machine gun while battling giant robots (which I believe he did once his shield was shattered) or even against Skrull soldiers.

Captain America is a soldier, it's not out-of-character for him to use guns.

#7 Posted by DATNIGGA (1185 posts) - - Show Bio

@royale_with_cheese: hes beating down the hulk? since when is he strong enough to beat down the hulk?

idk i guess it all depends who's writing properly written spiderman could take down celestials

#8 Posted by royale_with_cheese (747 posts) - - Show Bio

@DATNIGGA: He can't take down the Hulk alone, as evident of the scan, but with his peak human strength (more so low level super human) and the durability of his shield, he can bash the crap out of most things.

#9 Posted by Omega-Man (760 posts) - - Show Bio

@royale_with_cheese: Where are those pics from?

#10 Posted by CrimsonCake (2668 posts) - - Show Bio

If he used weapons like that more often it would kind of make his shield obsolete.

#11 Posted by Mr. Dead Pool (2625 posts) - - Show Bio

It's not that he isn't ABOVE using guns or other weapons like Batman, he just doesn't when it's not wartime

#12 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

"Guns Are For Pussies" Hawkeye UMVC3

#13 Posted by John Valentine (16270 posts) - - Show Bio

Urgh, Captain America is so lame.

#14 Posted by Andy Steven Summers (4987 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Posted by Smart_Dork_Dude (2591 posts) - - Show Bio

@War Killer said:

Captain America is a soldier, it's not out-of-character for him to use guns.

Exactly.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.