Follow

Captain America

Character » Captain America appears in 11750 issues.

During World War II, Steve Rogers volunteered to receive the experimental Super-Soldier Serum. Enhanced to the pinnacle of human physical potential and armed with an unbreakable shield, he became Captain America. After a failed mission left him encased in ice for decades, he was found and revived by the Avengers, later joining their ranks and eventually becoming the team's leader.

why does it seem like know one cares for the winter soldier?

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By THORSON

He's badass, looks like a badass. Has a good story, a great transformation.

Yet it seems like no one mentions him. I've heard 0 hype about the winter solider in the upcoming captain america movie. I've heard more about falcon than of the winter soldier.

He's highly underrated. And no one gives a damn about him.

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

Mainstream audiences don't know who he is and they're pushing Falcon because he's black. WS has a pretty strong fan base

Avatar image for deactivated-5faef67d08995
    deactivated-5faef67d08995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

People are interested in the Winter Soldier it's just easier to make a film version of him he is a soldier with a cyborg arm. Falcon is a character with big Wings in a spandex outfit people just want to know how that is gonna turn out.

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

He's my favorite character so I'm pretty interested.

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

maybe because..nobody really does... that and it would have been better if he was a kid and died then people might give a damn for that reason

tikhunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By tikhunt

He's actually one of my faves.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

It was easier for him to succeed when he was Captain America but now he doesn't have that anymore

BR_Havoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

WS looks bad ass in the movie. I think they want to push Falcon because of the actor playing him is pretty popular at the moment but once people see the movie they will all be talking about how bad ass WS is.

jumpstart55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#9  Edited By jumpstart55

Thats because we already know Winter Soldiers not going to disappoint, Falcon on the other hand hasn't really had a good track record.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@thorson said:

He's badass, looks like a badass. Has a good story, a great transformation.

Yet it seems like no one mentions him. I've heard 0 hype about the winter solider in the upcoming captain america movie. I've heard more about falcon than of the winter soldier.

He's highly underrated. And no one gives a damn about him.

Give it time, he isn't in the mainstream yet. The truth is that general audiences don't know who Winter Soldier is, hence the lack of hype, but that's what this sequel is aiming for, I guess.

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By HumanRocket

More talk about falcon the WS? That's a darm shame. He's always been one of my favs so for flacon to get more hype makes me :(. I hope the film makes audiences dive more into the chracther.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Remember, Winter Soldier is still a mystery to the casual comic book movie goer. They don't want to ruin who he is and why he's so important. They want to tell a shocking story with a revelation.

Even if people start finding out who he is, for the people that don't find out the story is going to be that much better.

Spideysense44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#13  Edited By Spideysense44

Because he is a new hero added to the Marvel Cinematic Universe duh and not to mention he looks badass

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.