Follow

Captain America

Character » Captain America appears in 11750 issues.

During World War II, Steve Rogers volunteered to receive the experimental Super-Soldier Serum. Enhanced to the pinnacle of human physical potential and armed with an unbreakable shield, he became Captain America. After a failed mission left him encased in ice for decades, he was found and revived by the Avengers, later joining their ranks and eventually becoming the team's leader.

Who's looking forward to Captain America The Winter Soldier

cameronstear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By cameronstear

Who's looking forward to Captain America The Winter Soldier in 2014 tell me in the comments

CerealKiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By CerealKiller

Me :D Ive been looking for some winter soldier comics to read since i wanted to find out a bit about it before the movie comes out, since i only know the most minimal things about bucky, but part of me thinks i might like the movie more if i don't have any certain expectations about what should happen or what i would want to happen haha.

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

#3  Edited By TheCannon

Meh. I was hoping for MODOK and Baron Von Strucker as the villains. Save Soldier and Zemo (will he be in it?) for the third. And Falcon for the third.

I really think it won't compare at all to the first movie. He has the potential for a great movie, though I'm just not sure how well a present day Cap movie will do.

Avatar image for smart_dork_dude
    Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By Smart_Dork_Dude

@TheCannon: I think Winter Soldier will be AWESOME!!!!!!! I mean really it's one of the quintessential Captain America stories and it ties into the first movie without having to be set within the same time period. We got to see Cap in action during The Avengers and while it's a continuation of his movie, Winter Soldier feels like it'll be a true sequel.

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

#5  Edited By TheCannon

@Smart_Dork_Dude: I'm not saying it won't be awesome, I'm just saying that they should of saved him for a third movie.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d921c81bd12c
    deactivated-5d921c81bd12c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

I am.

tg1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By tg1982

I would think that every Cap fan is looking forward to the movie. I know I am.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#8  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

I am, I'm curious on how they will adapt Brubaker's story into the movie, how they will fit Black Widow and Bucky's history together, how they will show Cap adjusting to modern times. Out of all the Marvel movies coming out for Phase 2, this is probably the one I'm most looking forward to, maybe tied with Avengers 2 though.

BigMaraSpence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By BigMaraSpence

@TheCannon: I would pay $8 to see a CGI version of MODOK attacking Chris Evans. That would be comedy gold!

For the OP, I am looking forward to the movie. I hope Cap gets a hold of living in the present and stops the "I am a man out of time and don't understand anything" stuff. It got a little stale in Avengers. Also, I doubt they would want to have Winter Soldier in Avengers 2, so I'm curious if they will do something at the end of The Winter Soldier to make sure of that.

jobbernos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By jobbernos

not me. hes not really an interesting character.

NewComicGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By NewComicGuy

I am really looking forward to this. I have read Winter Soldier from Issue #1 and was pretty stoked when they announced this. Like someone said above though, it will be tough to meet my expectations for it.

Avatar image for captainamerica119
    Captainamerica119

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I am!!!!!!! As soon as Bucky fell off the train and died, I knew they were going to make a Winter Soldier movie. I did cry when Bucky died though. Did anyone else? U get so attached 2 him. Brubaker read the script and he said there was stuff exactly from the comics amd that this will be the best f****** movie

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Looks to be exciting.

I'm still a little iffy on the new suit, but I'm glad that Fury and Widow are involved with Cap, like in the comics. Buck looks great, and I look forward to seeing Falcon. Crossbones and Batroc, too. I hope there's a big bad pulling the strings, so it's not just Buck, but it's still early.

Cap 1 was a great origin story and period piece, but I'm hoping they bring it to another level in this second one. Like Bourne thriller/Brubaker style.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.