who should have replaced steve besides bucky

#1 Posted by NEW VENOM (926 posts) - - Show Bio

US Agent or Hawkeye my opinion

#2 Posted by Vance Astro (91364 posts) - - Show Bio

Nobody.Us.Agent had his chance to be Cap and so did Hawkeye.

#3 Posted by Akira Overdrive (10087 posts) - - Show Bio

Bucky is the best choice.Hands down.

#4 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

Clint was a good choice

if Bucky didn't become the new cap I could have accepted that Clint did

#5 Posted by Vance Astro (91364 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Marvel should have played around with a bunch of different people being him before Bucky took over.I love Punisher's run as Captain America.

#6 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

Akira Overdrive says:

"Bucky is the best choice.Hands down."

true

#7 Posted by avengpymhawk (371 posts) - - Show Bio

I have said it a number of times, but Bucky should have remained dead. Hawkeye would not have made a good Captain America. Mainly because we all love Hawkeye as the smartmouth joker with a bow. U.S Agent has already proven in the past that he is no Captain America. So the best choices for me would have been either Jack Flag, Battlestar, or Free Spirit. Now Free Sprit would have been an interesting twist.

#8 Posted by Grim-Zero (70 posts) - - Show Bio

actually i dont think anyone should have replaced captain america there was only one cap and it wa steve rogers..

#9 Posted by Lord Doom (424 posts) - - Show Bio

Vance Astro says:

"I think Marvel should have played around with a bunch of different people being him before Bucky took over.I love Punisher's run as Captain America."
#10 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (84704 posts) - - Show Bio

I personally would have liked to see Patriot take up the mantle.

#11 Posted by Lord Doom (424 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

"I personally would have liked to see Patriot take up the mantle."

I think he should when Bucky is done.I think eventually Bucky should become his own hero and chance his name.I Like the name Winter Soldier but it's not American enough.I think Elijah is great as the leader of the Young Avengers right now...but as of now I think Bucky is the only one who can pull this off.

#12 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (84704 posts) - - Show Bio

Lord Doom says:

"Gambler says:

I think he should when Bucky is done.I think eventually Bucky should become his own hero and chance his name.I Like the name Winter Soldier but it's not American enough.I think Elijah is great as the leader of the Young Avengers right now...but as of now I think Bucky is the only one who can pull this off."

That makes sense. I still think it should have been Patriot. A new fresh look with ties to the original black Captain America. They could show the progression from a young inexperienced hero, to a great American symbol.

#13 Posted by Lord Doom (424 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

"Lord Doom says:
"Gambler says:

I think he should when Bucky is done.I think eventually Bucky should become his own hero and chance his name.I Like the name Winter Soldier but it's not American enough.I think Elijah is great as the leader of the Young Avengers right now...but as of now I think Bucky is the only one who can pull this off."

That makes sense. I still think it should have been Patriot. A new fresh look with ties to the original black Captain America. They could show the progression from a young inexperienced hero, to a great American symbol. "

Yea,I agree.

#14 Posted by Morte Rapida (1614 posts) - - Show Bio

Frank Castle

#15 Posted by CaptainAmerica (12 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the Avengers would actually disapprove about Frank Castle being Cap but i think Steve Rodgers is the only true Captain America

#16 Posted by fesak (7073 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

Moderator Online
#17 Posted by lordraiden (7575 posts) - - Show Bio

Nighthunter says:

"Clint was a good choice if Bucky didn't become the new cap I could have accepted that Clint did"

Clint would have been best next in line! But I agree, Steve Rogers IS Captain America! You can replace the person inside the suit, but you can never replace Seve Rogers! Same goes for Batman, Bruce Wayne is Batman!

#18 Posted by Lord Doom (424 posts) - - Show Bio

lordraiden says:

"Nighthunter says:
"Clint was a good choice if Bucky didn't become the new cap I could have accepted that Clint did"

Clint would have been best next in line! But I agree, Steve Rogers IS Captain America! You can replace the person inside the suit, but you can never replace Seve Rogers! Same goes for Batman, Bruce Wayne is Batman!"

Batman is totally different.Wayne made that character..the American government made Cap.The idea behind it is you CAN kill the guy in the suit but there will always be a Captain America.Bruce Wayne is Batman period.

#19 Posted by lordraiden (7575 posts) - - Show Bio

Lord Doom says:

"lordraiden says:
"Nighthunter says:
Clint would have been best next in line! But I agree, Steve Rogers IS Captain America! You can replace the person inside the suit, but you can never replace Seve Rogers! Same goes for Batman, Bruce Wayne is Batman!"
Batman is totally different.Wayne made that character..the American government made Cap.The idea behind it is you CAN kill the guy in the suit but there will always be a Captain America.Bruce Wayne is Batman period."
No, the government came up with the concept, Steve Rogers made Cap who he is, not the government! Steve defied the government many times! if it was up to the government, it wouldn't be the cap you know and respect! he'd just be another government agent! Steve Rogers embodied the American Spirit, he is Captain America! any and every other person would just be a replacement in that suit, as it's always happend previously!
Post Edited:2008-04-10 14:34:54
#20 Posted by Lord Doom (424 posts) - - Show Bio

lordraiden says:

"Lord Doom says:
"lordraiden says:
"Nighthunter says:
Batman is totally different.Wayne made that character..the American government made Cap.The idea behind it is you CAN kill the guy in the suit but there will always be a Captain America.Bruce Wayne is Batman period."
No, the government came up with the concept, Steve Rogers made Cap who he is, not the government! Steve defied the government many times! if it was up to the government, it wouldn't be the cap you know and respect! he'd just be another government agent! Steve Rogers embodied the American Spirit, he is Captain America! any and every other person would just be a replacement in that suit, as it's always happend previously!
Post Edited:2008-04-10 14:34:54"

Your not understanding what I am saying.There has been several Captain America's in the past.Although Steve is the best and the original..Captain America is a concept.Someone who fights for truth and justice.You don't have to be Steve Rogers to have values and stick by them.I'm not saying the government owns Steve by any means by coming up with the concept but I am saying whoever is Captain America is bound to this country. Your saying anyone who wears the suit is just a replacement now but when other people were using the name he was alive.He's not now and Bucky is no replacement..he is the Captain America we will have to deal with until he dies or retires.

#21 Posted by lordraiden (7575 posts) - - Show Bio

Lord Doom says:

"lordraiden says:
"Lord Doom says:
"lordraiden says:
"Nighthunter says:
Post Edited:2008-04-10 14:34:54"
Your not understanding what I am saying.There has been several Captain America's in the past.Although Steve is the best and the original..Captain America is a concept.Someone who fights for truth and justice.You don't have to be Steve Rogers to have values and stick by them.I'm not saying the government owns Steve by any means by coming up with the concept but I am saying whoever is Captain America is bound to this country. Your saying anyone who wears the suit is just a replacement now but when other people were using the name he was alive.He's not now and Bucky is no replacement..he is the Captain America we will have to deal with until he dies or retires."

I believe he's a replacement until Steve comes back! This storyline was thought out long ago by Bru, and I believe it wasn't to just kill Steve and stick someone else in there (permanantly), it's kinda like the death of superman, too many people were concentrating on the death part, it's easy to do the death part, it's what happens afterwards, that only leads to a bigger story about Captain America, and namely the person inside, Steve Rogers, and how he affected the role of Captain America by having someone else in it that makes you realise how much Steve Rogers is just as much a part of Captain America and ideals that go with it! as you stated previously, different people have donned the suit before, and it was more or less disastrous, especially in the cas of John Walker, who eventually went on to become U.S. Agent!

#22 Posted by Lord Doom (424 posts) - - Show Bio

@ Lordraiden.

-Steve might never comeback.

-Why do you think Bucky isn't permanent?

-Nothing good came out of Superman's death...Captain America IMO has gotten better storywise without Cap even before Bucky was Cap.

-Captain America is an ideal not a person. IMO that's why Bucky is getting away with being him and the Punisher could do it also. If Batman all of a sudden was Dick Grayson or Superman all of a sudden was some other random dude. People would be pissed.Those are characters who created themselves based on their principles and values alone.Cap was created for army use only..he just happened to become something else.The other people who used Cap's name weren't able to do it as well as Steve because they were just filling the spot..Bucky has a moral obligation to Steve being his sidekick all those years.

-Basically if Cap dies why would you just leave him dead and have someone who is almost exactly like him running around.Why not just make Bucky, Captain America.

#23 Posted by Sling Shot (3560 posts) - - Show Bio

Patriot

American Eagle

Warpath

Forge. Forge would be crazy He has the resourcefulvess, war experienceit would of been like a Vertigo version of Cap. I'm genius.

#24 Posted by Lord Doom (424 posts) - - Show Bio

Sling Shot says:

"PatriotAmerican EagleWarpathForge. Forge would be crazy He has the resourcefulvess, war experienceit would of been like a Vertigo version of Cap. I'm genius."

Good Choices.I always wanted to see a Native Captain America..not American Eagle or Rohjaz.I mean Rojhaz was native somehow but he was really white.I don't know about Forge though..Warpath `seems like the best choice.

#25 Posted by lordraiden (7575 posts) - - Show Bio

Lord Doom says:

"@ Lordraiden. -Steve might never comeback. -Why do you think Bucky isn't permanent? -Nothing good came out of Superman's death...Captain America IMO has gotten better storywise without Cap even before Bucky was Cap. -Captain America is an ideal not a person. IMO that's why Bucky is getting away with being him and the Punisher could do it also. If Batman all of a sudden was Dick Grayson or Superman all of a sudden was some other random dude. People would be pissed.Those are characters who created themselves based on their principles and values alone.Cap was created for army use only..he just happened to become something else.The other people who used Cap's name weren't able to do it as well as Steve because they were just filling the spot..Bucky has a moral obligation to Steve being his sidekick all those years. -Basically if Cap dies why would you just leave him dead and have someone who is almost exactly like him running around.Why not just make Bucky, Captain America."

Nothing good came out of the Death of Superman story? how bout superboy! howbout Steel! How bout Eradicator! How bout Cyborg Superman/Henshaw! there some of the biggest characters to have come out and most are still around today! Just like caps death, the best came after it! Yeah, it's possible Steve might never come back, but that's not something i'd really bet on! And cause you can't JUST make Bucky or whoever Captain America, they have to earn it in the eyes of the American people and the world! I'm not saying it's not possible, and given time, yeah, it's more than possible, but it won't take overnight, it would take some time and trust and getting use to the idea!

#26 Posted by Lord Doom (424 posts) - - Show Bio

lordraiden says:

"Lord Doom says:
"@ Lordraiden. -Steve might never comeback. -Why do you think Bucky isn't permanent? -Nothing good came out of Superman's death...Captain America IMO has gotten better storywise without Cap even before Bucky was Cap. -Captain America is an ideal not a person. IMO that's why Bucky is getting away with being him and the Punisher could do it also. If Batman all of a sudden was Dick Grayson or Superman all of a sudden was some other random dude. People would be pissed.Those are characters who created themselves based on their principles and values alone.Cap was created for army use only..he just happened to become something else.The other people who used Cap's name weren't able to do it as well as Steve because they were just filling the spot..Bucky has a moral obligation to Steve being his sidekick all those years. -Basically if Cap dies why would you just leave him dead and have someone who is almost exactly like him running around.Why not just make Bucky, Captain America."
Nothing good came out of the Death of Superman story? how bout superboy! howbout Steel! How bout Eradicator! How bout Cyborg Superman/Henshaw! there some of the biggest characters to have come out and most are still around today! Just like caps death, the best came after it! Yeah, it's possible Steve might never come back, but that's not something i'd really bet on! And cause you can't JUST make Bucky or whoever Captain America, they have to earn it in the eyes of the American people and the world! I'm not saying it's not possible, and given time, yeah, it's more than possible, but it won't take overnight, it would take some time and trust and getting use to the idea!"

-DC doesn't have the rights to Superboy from what I understand and on top that he was never as popular as Superman.

-Steel sucks ass.He doesn't have his own comic right now and nobody really cares about him.

-Hank Henshaw is the only good thing to come out of the Death of Superman,but the point I was getting at all these character who made an apparence after his death would have meant nothing if Supes didn't actually come back.Superman is one of the most popular suprheroes ever.DC loses him,you know hom much money goes down the drain?

-WTF makes you think Bucky isn't the permanent Captain America? There are 0 signs Steve is coming back and although I love his character...wtf would he need to comeback for.It's like how they keep bringing the Phoenix back,who gives a f#ck about her at this point?

-None of this proves my point wrong.Captain America is an ideal.As long as there is an America there will be a Captain America,whether it is Steve or not.The fact that 6-7 people have used the name proves that.When it's not Steve it's someone else.Someone always has to be Cap.

#27 Posted by lordraiden (7575 posts) - - Show Bio

Lord Doom says:

"lordraiden says:
"Lord Doom says:
Nothing good came out of the Death of Superman story? how bout superboy! howbout Steel! How bout Eradicator! How bout Cyborg Superman/Henshaw! there some of the biggest characters to have come out and most are still around today! Just like caps death, the best came after it! Yeah, it's possible Steve might never come back, but that's not something i'd really bet on! And cause you can't JUST make Bucky or whoever Captain America, they have to earn it in the eyes of the American people and the world! I'm not saying it's not possible, and given time, yeah, it's more than possible, but it won't take overnight, it would take some time and trust and getting use to the idea!"
-DC doesn't have the rights to Superboy from what I understand and on top that he was never as popular as Superman. -Steel sucks ass.He doesn't have his own comic right now and nobody really cares about him. -Hank Henshaw is the only good thing to come out of the Death of Superman,but the point I was getting at all these character who made an apparence after his death would have meant nothing if Supes didn't actually come back.Superman is one of the most popular suprheroes ever.DC loses him,you know hom much money goes down the drain? -WTF makes you think Bucky isn't the permanent Captain America? There are 0 signs Steve is coming back and although I love his character...wtf would he need to comeback for.It's like how they keep bringing the Phoenix back,who gives a f#ck about her at this point? -None of this proves my point wrong.Captain America is an ideal.As long as there is an America there will be a Captain America,whether it is Steve or not.The fact that 6-7 people have used the name proves that.When it's not Steve it's someone else.Someone always has to be Cap."

You seem to have missunderstood me! I'm not trying to argue with you or dissagree on the fact that Cap America is an ideal, I know there will always be a cap, it's just not as simple for me (and other people, i'd assume) as simply putting someone in the suit as Stark was trying to do and say, "there you go, there's your new capt america"! I do understand what your saying and agree about the ideal of Capt America!

#28 Posted by Trauma (5889 posts) - - Show Bio

people who say punisher should be cap i disagree he's not the cap kinda guy buy hawkeye(clint) would have been ok but bucky is so amazing that no one should replace him

#29 Posted by Echoes (154 posts) - - Show Bio

The young patriot Elijah Bradly

BLACK POWWAAA MOFOS!

Kidding, though it's the best choice I would've made.

#30 Posted by HaloKing343 (1252 posts) - - Show Bio

Jack Monroe... assuming he didn't die too

#31 Posted by Erik (33329 posts) - - Show Bio

Bucky. 

#32 Posted by Will44 (95 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Hawkeye would have been a good choice too.  But I also would have loved to have seen Sam Wilson give it a shot

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.