Follow

Captain America

Character » Captain America appears in 11750 issues.

During World War II, Steve Rogers volunteered to receive the experimental Super-Soldier Serum. Enhanced to the pinnacle of human physical potential and armed with an unbreakable shield, he became Captain America. After a failed mission left him encased in ice for decades, he was found and revived by the Avengers, later joining their ranks and eventually becoming the team's leader.

Who Should Be Recast As The Red Skull In The MCU?

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

Since we all know that the Red Skull is going to make an appearance in the present time MCU at some point or another but since Hugo Weaving doesn't want to return to the character who would you want to play him?

No Caption Provided

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

bump

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Is it confirmed Red Skull will be in another movie or is that speculation? Also, where did Hugo Weaving say he doesn't want to return to the roll? Not questioning you of course, just curious as I haven't heard of either.

This leaves me with a lot of questions. I wonder why HW doesn't want to be Red Skull again? Will Marvell simply recast him? Or what if they introduce a new actor as a NEW red skull, possibly as a "legacy" thing. Also, the picture you posted, obviously Ultimate Red Skul aka Captain America's son, makes me wonder if they'll go down the Ultimate route with this or if they'll just make RS a nazi/hydra villain.

Avatar image for The_Deathstroker
    The_Deathstroker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By The_Deathstroker

@jonny_anonymous: I didn't know he was going to make another appearance.... Is this confirmed or just speculation?

And when did HW say he didn't want to play him again? I never heard this either.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By HumanRocket

Wow this is shocking that he doesn't want to come back. He did such a well job portraying him in the first film that I never thought that he wouldn't want to come back for another film.

Avatar image for SuperStar_sketcher
    SuperStar_sketcher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hugo was perfect

LyraFay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 12

#8  Edited By LyraFay

I'm curious I always wonder if Hugo went into hoping for something like a Ledger direction when he played Red Skull. However I did hear rumours that he hated the make up that they put him and purposely hammed up his performance.

StrangeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

If they're gonna make the character as bland as he was in FA then don't even bother, it was the main reason why Hugo didn't want to reprise the role and I completely understand where he's coming from.

wundagoreborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 3

Have Chris Evans play him. Use one of the storylines where the Skull was using a clone of Cap's body.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.