Follow

Captain America

Character » Captain America appears in 11750 issues.

During World War II, Steve Rogers volunteered to receive the experimental Super-Soldier Serum. Enhanced to the pinnacle of human physical potential and armed with an unbreakable shield, he became Captain America. After a failed mission left him encased in ice for decades, he was found and revived by the Avengers, later joining their ranks and eventually becoming the team's leader.

Who should be Cap's sidekick now that Bucky has the shield?

starz007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By starz007

Assuming Bucky continues as Cap with Steve Rogers moving on to other things, should Bucky-Captain America have a Bucky sidekick?

Right now Falcon seems to be his partner, and Black Widow looks like she will factor in heavily, but do you think he should have a true blue sidekick?

Speedy92286

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Speedy92286

Falcon DOES seem to be his "sidekick" but I doubt that Falcon will be his "Bucky" at the end of the day. Black Widow seems to be his love interest, but that also will probably not last forever. I kind of like Bucky-Cap relying on Falcon and Natasha, but also love seeing him go to town on his own. I don't think he needs a sidekick, but just a few powerful friends, much like the Invaders were to Cap and Bucky.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By slimj87d
    @Speedy92286:
    Natasha and Jame's relationship deepens.
    Natasha and Jame's relationship deepens.

I like this, I really do. If anything, when Bucky isn't Captain America anymore, I really hope he stays with Natasha. I think they make a much more interesting couple than Clint and Bobi do.
    HaloKing343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 91

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By HaloKing343

I seem to remember Nomad wanting to be Cap's sidekick. The issue came up in Captain America #600. I guess we'll see if that issue ever gets resolved.

HaloKing343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 91

#5  Edited By HaloKing343

I seem to remember Nomad wanting to be Cap's sidekick. The issue came up in Captain America #600. I guess we'll see if that issue ever gets resolved.

Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Nova`Prime`

Nomad would actually be an excellent choice for a side kick for Cap (Bucky). Although it would probably be alittle weird being the mentor of your alternate universe self.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#7  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

I think Falcon is fine as Bucky's partner, Black Widow's his girlfriend/part time partner and I like seeing her from time to time. I would like to see Buck and Nomad team up, I haven't read Nomad's mini-series (Girl Without a World) but I don't think they've actually met yet. But at the end of Nomad's second feature in Captain America, it says that next issue it's "Nomad Vs. Cap" so I'm guessing we'll see their interactions there.

Antigonist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Antigonist

Rikki and Bucky have met, it was fairly amicable but she has no idea of his secret identity.  She no longer has a desire to be his sidekick, that's what taking up the Nomad mantle was supposed to do, give her her own identity.  Black Widow told her off and said "Captain America's got a partner already– me" but was secretly the one giving her the new costume and encouraging her to find her own voice.

I don't think Bucky needs a sidekick.  I don't think he wants one, either, he's got enough struggles, he doesn't need to deal with mentoring on top of that.

Krakoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 215

User Lists: 18

#9  Edited By Krakoa

I think as long as he has people to talk to, a sidekick would just be redundant. I do like his team ups with various other characters. I loved the way his relationship with Namor was scripted in the brief story line regarding the original Human Torch. 

The Gray Fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#10  Edited By The Gray Fox

Ahem...

I think Steve has more than enough sidekicks right now.
    I think Steve has more than enough sidekicks right now.
    Roninidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Roninidas

I think the Buckster has all and who he needs right now.  Besides the Avengers being back together, he has Falcon and Natasha.  Also, I am sure Steve Rogers will be teaming up with him every now and again. 
    Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#12  Edited By Magian

I don't think he needs a sidekick right now.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
    deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

Patriot from Young Avengers.

Kastiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By Kastiel

There's no need for a sidekick.

Insignia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Insignia

No more sidekicks...
    Secondly they need to change that costume of his. It has to be one of the worst designs I've seen in a while...when one compares it to his iconic design.

growup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By growup
    @Insignia: Are you kidding? It's awesome!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.