Follow

Captain America

Character » Captain America appears in 11752 issues.

During World War II, Steve Rogers volunteered to receive the experimental Super-Soldier Serum. Enhanced to the pinnacle of human physical potential and armed with an unbreakable shield, he became Captain America. After a failed mission left him encased in ice for decades, he was found and revived by the Avengers, later joining their ranks and eventually becoming the team's leader.

Who could dent Cap's shield with strength alone?

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By the creator

I would actually be tempted to say Superman and above. This is way beyond Kurse's level of strength.

We know that a few versions of Hulk have tried and failed (but they were not as angry as they could become).

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Hadrelius

I know Thor did (with the Odinforce backing him, but I was curious if anyone else could. Any comic universe but using only strength.

I feel Kurse (since he's thre times stronger than Thor), SupermanPrime, and maybe Majestic and Maestros.

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Hadrelius

The_Creator says:

"I would actually be tempted to say Superman and above. This is way beyond Kurse's level of strength. We know that a few versions of Hulk have tried and failed (but they were not as angry as they could become)."

Who do u feel is above Superman?

Satyrquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Satyrquaze

The Animated Destroyer armor.

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By the creator

Alpha says:

"The_Creator says:
    "I would actually be tempted to say Superman and above. This is way beyond Kurse's level of strength. We know that a few versions of Hulk have tried and failed (but they were not as angry as they could become)."
    Who do u feel is above Superman? "

Superman Prime, potentially Majestic are stonger.

Others who could dent it are Capt Marvel (DC), Black Adam.

And no doubt there are others.

!Drake!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By !Drake!

The_Creator says:

I myself would call Maestro a version of Hulk and I say he could dnet it with ease

mantoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By mantoid

Satyrquaze says:

"The Animated Destroyer armor."

Right on.

M

zee crusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By zee crusher

The_Creator says:

"I would actually be tempted to say Superman and above. This is way beyond Kurse's level of strength.We know that a few versions of Hulk have tried and failed (but they were not as angry as they could become)."

You should really read a comic or two. Kurse is three times stronger then Thor. Superman is weaker then Thor. Thor beat doomsday with one hit in the cross over superman never really beat him. Superman is no where near kurse level in strength that sounds like fanboy talk right there. Allstar superman may be there but average or even silver age superman is now here near that level.

Thor could dent his shield but to do that he'd have to swing his hammer a few times then slam it down really hard.

People like majestic, black adam can't dent his shield what type of crap is that??? Gladiator tried and didn't even notice he was hitting it and still didn't dent it.

Anyways no body who just lifts 100 tons can break captain americas shield if that was the case it wouldn't be called indestructible obviously. You might as well say thing can do it hyperion can do it as well. Wonder woman. The list would go on.

zee crusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By zee crusher

Satyrquaze says:

"The Animated Destroyer armor."

Yeah he could do it with ease. One beam attack but since its strength he can still do it.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Superman is not weaker then Thor. You've been proven wrong on that everytime you bring it up. LMAO Thor can dent Cap's shield? Funny I've never seen him do it.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By The_Ghostshell

mantoid says:

"Gambler says:
    "Superman is not weaker then Thor. You've been proven wrong on that everytime you bring it up. LMAO Thor can dent Cap's shield? Funny I've never seen him do it. "

Maybe you should get out more. :)

M"

What issue #?

mantoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By mantoid

Gambler says:

"Superman is not weaker then Thor. You've been proven wrong on that everytime you bring it up. LMAO Thor can dent Cap's shield? Funny I've never seen him do it. "

Maybe you should get out more. :)

M

zee crusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By zee crusher

Gambler says:

"Superman is not weaker then Thor. You've been proven wrong on that everytime you bring it up. LMAO Thor can dent Cap's shield? Funny I've never seen him do it."

I wasn't proven wrong the thread was locked while my internet was down. Then methos said I was being mean to every one when I wasn't even around. Also I proved you guys wrong. Everthing you said about superman I said Thor had done better. Also Thor did dent captain americas shield in the same issue he killed hulk, and thing, in the same issue he blasted wolverine and killed him and melted his adamntium bones.

Last time I checked celestial armor is stronger then admantium and yet Thor has cracked open about four celestial armors in one fight. The biggest one was the 20,000ft celestial which superman could never dream of taking on. Face it superman isn't up to Thors class.

zee crusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By zee crusher

I'll post a pic.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#15  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

zee crusher says:

"Gambler says:
    "zee crusher says:
    I wasn't proven wrong the thread was locked while my internet was down. Then methos said I was being mean to every one when I wasn't even around. Also I proved you guys wrong. Everthing you said about superman I said Thor had done better. Also Thor did dent captain americas shield in the same issue he killed hulk, and thing, in the same issue he blasted wolverine and killed him and melted his adamntium bones.
    Sure Zee. You may have said "Everything Superman has done, Thor has done better." But only in your mind did you prove it. Is the Hulk dead? Is Wolverine dead? No? Then how is that even cannon? Characters do alot of crazy things in **Elsworld tales and What Ifs** In the normal 616 Marvel Universe Thor has never dented Cap's shield."
    Hulk did die to Thor more then like Three times last time I remember. Wolverine died in the other universe what are you talking about you obviously didn't read the comic. Also the things he did in the else worlds he didn't need the odin force to much. When he killed hulk and Thing he didn't use the odin force he fought the two for a few hours then killed them. Either way you guys said everything superman has done I told you what Thor did better. You of everyone else just choices to ignore me because I'm right and you couldn't prove me wrong. The only thing you ever said that was right was superman was faster but thats only in running."

If your talking about stuff that happened in another universe it's not cannon and doesn't count and he just told you that.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By The_Ghostshell

zee crusher says:

Sure Zee. You may have said "Everything Superman has done, Thor has done better." But only in your mind did you prove it.

Is the Hulk dead? Is Wolverine dead? No? Then how is that even cannon? Characters do alot of crazy things in Elsworld tales and What Ifs In the normal 616 Marvel Universe Thor has never dented Cap's shield.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By The_Ghostshell

zee crusher says:

"Hulk did die to Thor more then like Three times last time I remember. Wolverine died in the other universe what are you talking about you obviously didn't read the comic. Also the things he did in the else worlds he didn't need the odin force to much. When he killed hulk and Thing he didn't use the odin force he fought the two for a few hours then killed them.
    Your missing what I'm saying Zee. I know they died in that comic. What I'm saying is that wasn't the 616 Wolverine nor was it 616 Hulk. The whole story took place in an Alternate Reality. Surely you agree with that? Like I said, characters do all sorts of crazy things in a Alternate Reality and it isn't cannon (in this case) show me where **616** Thor ever dented **616** Captain America's shield. I'll wait.
    Post Edited:2008-05-23 15:21:47
    zee crusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By zee crusher

Gambler says:

"zee crusher says:

Sure Zee. You may have said "Everything Superman has done, Thor has done better." But only in your mind did you prove it.

Is the Hulk dead? Is Wolverine dead? No? Then how is that even cannon? Characters do alot of crazy things in Elsworld tales and What Ifs In the normal 616 Marvel Universe Thor has never dented Cap's shield."

Hulk did die to Thor more then like Three times last time I remember. Wolverine died in the other universe what are you talking about you obviously didn't read the comic. Also the things he did in the else worlds he didn't need the odin force to much. When he killed hulk and Thing he didn't use the odin force he fought the two for a few hours then killed them.

Either way you guys said everything superman has done I told you what Thor did better. You of everyone else just choices to ignore me because I'm right and you couldn't prove me wrong. The only thing you ever said that was right was superman was faster but thats only in running.

zee crusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By zee crusher

Vance Astro says:

"zee crusher says:
    "Gambler says:
    "zee crusher says:
    Sure Zee. You may have said "Everything Superman has done, Thor has done better." But only in your mind did you prove it. Is the Hulk dead? Is Wolverine dead? No? Then how is that even cannon? Characters do alot of crazy things in **Elsworld tales and What Ifs** In the normal 616 Marvel Universe Thor has never dented Cap's shield."
    Hulk did die to Thor more then like Three times last time I remember. Wolverine died in the other universe what are you talking about you obviously didn't read the comic. Also the things he did in the else worlds he didn't need the odin force to much. When he killed hulk and Thing he didn't use the odin force he fought the two for a few hours then killed them. Either way you guys said everything superman has done I told you what Thor did better. You of everyone else just choices to ignore me because I'm right and you couldn't prove me wrong. The only thing you ever said that was right was superman was faster but thats only in running."

If your talking about stuff that happened in another universe it's not cannon and doesn't count and he just told you that."

If the stuff happened and didn't invovle the Odin force then it should count. But either way in the other thread I didn't mention the other universes. With out the one kill of hulk Thor has beaten hulk like what 4 times killed him with out this like three other times. Superman just barely knocked him out. No point in debating though Gambler doesn't listen to anything about Thor he even said he hated him in Captain marvel vs Thor thread.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By The_Ghostshell

616 Cap and 616 Thor

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

@Zee Crusher...the Hulk isn't that hard to beat.People aren't even close to as strong as Thor is have been able to survive fights with him.What are you talking about.Your also saying that Superman could barely knock Hulk out as if that is even canon.What's wrong with you?

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Gambler says:

"**616 Cap and 616 Thor** "

Damn.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

zee crusher says:

"Gambler says:
    "**616 Cap and 616 Thor** "
    Oh my god this is what you put up as a defense?? Next time put Thor using a real energy attack like this one. Common sense clearly tells you that if he tried to really destroy the shield either the planet goes or the entire area they area in. Ever heard of a thermo blast?? Capable of destroying and entire planet. "

No.

zee crusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By zee crusher

Gambler says:

"**616 Cap and 616 Thor**"

Oh my god this is what you put up as a defense?? Next time put Thor using a real energy attack like this one. Common sense clearly tells you that if he tried to really destroy the shield either the planet goes or the entire area they area in. Ever heard of a thermo blast?? Capable of destroying and entire planet.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By The_Ghostshell

And just so Zee doesn't think I'm one sided.

I never said it didn't happen. But this is an Alternate Reality (King Thor) and not canon.
    Post Edited:2008-05-23 15:41:04

zee crusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By zee crusher

Vance Astro says:

"@Zee Crusher...the Hulk isn't that hard to beat.People aren't even close to as strong as Thor is have been able to survive fights with him.What are you talking about.Your also saying that Superman could barely knock Hulk out as if that is even canon.What's wrong with you?"

I have a question what is wrong with you. It clearly stated in the crossover that Superman said He gave hulk his all and what not. Although there is no point in using that. Hulk isn't that much of a threat. Superman is use to fighting weak people anyway. I doubt he can take up to 3 of Thors real enemies.

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
    BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#27  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

CANON

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By The_Ghostshell

zee crusher says:

"Gambler says:

Oh my god this is what you put up as a defense?? Next time put Thor using a real energy attack like this one. Common sense clearly tells you that if he tried to really destroy the shield either the planet goes or the entire area they area in. Ever heard of a thermo blast?? Capable of destroying and entire planet.

"

Hahahahahaha its not a defense. I don't need to defend something thats never happened ;)

Kain Echnida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Kain Echnida

Well Thanos broke it before with the Gauntlet although I'm not totally sure if he needed the Gauntlet.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Buckshot says:

"CANON"

Yeah Yeah I edited it

Kain Echnida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Kain Echnida

Gambler says:

"Kain Echnida says:
    "Well Thanos broke it before with the Gauntlet although I'm not totally sure if he needed the Gauntlet."
    Same here. Doom and Klaw both have, but they where backed by the Beyonder. And Molecule Man did it before as well. Although I'm sure that wasn't a strength feat."

I know Doom broke it when he was The Beyonder but I had no idea that Klaw did it. I'll have to check out my Secret Wars again to find it. I didn't know Molecule Man did it. It's possible it was a strength feat though. He could've just increased his muscle mass and made himself stronger but like I said, I never saw the book so I can't say anything about it. But matter of fact, I don't think Thanos needed the Gauntlet in reality.

zee crusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By zee crusher

Gambler says:

"And just so Zee doesn't think I'm one sided.I never said it didn't happen. But this is an **Alternate Reality (King Thor)** and not cannon."

I know that. But guess what the only thing different about This Thor is his odin force. He rules the world how much different is that really??

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Gambler says:

"Buckshot says:
    "CANON"

Yeah Yeah I edited it"

You're not the only one.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Kain Echnida says:

"Well Thanos broke it before with the Gauntlet although I'm not totally sure if he needed the Gauntlet."

Same here. Doom and Klaw both have, but they where backed by the Beyonder. And Molecule Man did it before as well. Although I'm sure that wasn't a strength feat.

zee crusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By zee crusher

Gambler says:

"zee crusher says:
    "Gambler says:

"

Hahahahahaha its not a defense. I don't need to defend something thats never happened ;) "

Okay then let Thor use a real energy attack I bet 20 bucks you wouldn't post it and would hope I don't know of it.

Satyrquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Satyrquaze

Isn't the thread asking for "STRENGTH ALONE"? not eye-beams, not blasts from Mjolnir... just strength...etc...

zee crusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By zee crusher

Satyrquaze says:

"Isn't the thread asking for "STRENGTH ALONE"? not eye-beams, not blasts from Mjolnir... just strength...etc..."

Using the hammer counts at strength. He is using his strength to hit the shield. Although your right he didn't state if it included weapons or not.

zee crusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By zee crusher

Satyrquaze says:

"zee crusher says:
    "Satyrquaze says:
    "Isn't the thread asking for "STRENGTH ALONE"? not eye-beams, not blasts from Mjolnir... just strength...etc..."
    Using the hammer counts at strength. He is using his strength to hit the shield. Although your right he didn't state if it included weapons or not."

Hammer, yes. Blasts from Hammer (as pictured repeatedly), not so much."

Then that means thanos and all the others mentioned don't count.

Beyonder yes,

Mangog yep

Stranger yes

Walker the death god probably twice as strong as mangog yes

Some others.

nobody who is just in the 100 tons class can as creator stated though cause then the shield wouldn't be indestructible.

Satyrquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Satyrquaze

Post Deleted.

Satyrquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Satyrquaze

zee crusher says:

"Satyrquaze says:
    Using the hammer counts at strength. He is using his strength to hit the shield. Although your right he didn't state if it included weapons or not."

Hammer, yes. Blasts from Hammer (as pictured repeatedly), not so much.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

zee crusher says:

"Vance Astro says:
    "@Zee Crusher...the Hulk isn't that hard to beat.People aren't even close to as strong as Thor is have been able to survive fights with him.What are you talking about.Your also saying that Superman could barely knock Hulk out as if that is even canon.What's wrong with you?"
    I have a question what is wrong with you. It clearly stated in the crossover that Superman said He gave hulk his all and what not. Although there is no point in using that. Hulk isn't that much of a threat. Superman is use to fighting weak people anyway. I doubt he can take up to 3 of Thors real enemies. "

So what...

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By The_Ghostshell

zee crusher says:

"Okay then let Thor use a real energy attack I bet 20 bucks you wouldn't post it and would hope I don't know of it."

LMFAO. What are you babbling about?

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Kain Echnida says:

"I know Doom broke it when he was The Beyonder but I had no idea that Klaw did it. I'll have to check out my Secret Wars again to find it. I didn't know Molecule Man did it. It's possible it was a strength feat though. He could've just increased his muscle mass and made himself stronger but like I said, I never saw the book so I can't say anything about it. But matter of fact, I don't think Thanos needed the Gauntlet in reality."

There was no strength involved. Images on the Adamantium page.

Satyrquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Satyrquaze

I'm just saying that a blast of energy is not a factor of physical strength.

and the title of the thread is...

zee crusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By zee crusher

Gambler says:

"zee crusher says:
    "Okay then let Thor use a real energy attack I bet 20 bucks you wouldn't post it and would hope I don't know of it."

LMFAO. What are you babbling about?"

You wouldn't now you ignore everything about Thor.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By The_Ghostshell

zee crusher says:

"Gambler says:
    "zee crusher says:

LMFAO. What are you babbling about?"

You wouldn't now you ignore everything about Thor. "

Yeah but for 20 bucks I'm willing to listen

zee crusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By zee crusher

Kain Echnida says:

"Gambler says:
    "Kain Echnida says:
    Same here. Doom and Klaw both have, but they where backed by the Beyonder. And Molecule Man did it before as well. Although I'm sure that wasn't a strength feat."

I know Doom broke it when he was The Beyonder but I had no idea that Klaw did it. I'll have to check out my Secret Wars again to find it. I didn't know Molecule Man did it. It's possible it was a strength feat though. He could've just increased his muscle mass and made himself stronger but like I said, I never saw the book so I can't say anything about it. But matter of fact, I don't think Thanos needed the Gauntlet in reality."

Thanos a strong as he is probably couldn't He's up there in the 100 class and high in but the thing is he usually draws power from his ship. Walker stated it in his fight and some others Thanos relies on outside sources.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

You read "Infinity Gauntlet" right?

Kain Echnida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Kain Echnida

Buckshot says:

"Kain Echnida says:
    " I know Doom broke it when he was The Beyonder but I had no idea that Klaw did it. I'll have to check out my Secret Wars again to find it. I didn't know Molecule Man did it. It's possible it was a strength feat though. He could've just increased his muscle mass and made himself stronger but like I said, I never saw the book so I can't say anything about it. But matter of fact, I don't think Thanos needed the Gauntlet in reality."
    There was no strength involved. Images on the Adamantium page."

(Taken Directly from the Adamantium Page)

Captain America's Shield

Captain America's shield has been broken five times in the history of comics. The Molecule Man once destroyed the shield (along with Mjolnir, Namor's indestructible armor, and the Silver Surfer's board) by unmaking them on the molecular level. Klaw and Dr. Doom (both amped by the power of The Beyonder) damaged the shield on separate occasions. Thanos, wielding the Infinite Gauntlet, effortlessly shattered the shield with a backhand. Finally, King Thor destroyed the shield with eye beams in an alternate universe

Kain Echnida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Kain Echnida

Buckshot says:

"You read "Infinity Gauntlet" right?"

Yeah, I've got it.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.