What makes Cap great to you among other heroes?

#1 Posted by krauser99 (826 posts) - - Show Bio

There are many heroes out there big names like Superman, Wolverine, Batman, Spiderman to even Daredevil.

But what makes Cap so great or interesting that gives him that slight separation or difference, to grab a hold of your attention?

#2 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain America is THE leader of the Marvel Universe. When sh!t hits the fan he is the face that everyone looks to for hope and courage. He rises above every challenge that comes his way and lives by the rule "Never Give Up" and brings out the best in those around him.

The character really is phenomenal to have been created in 1941 and still remain so marketable.

#3 Edited by tg1982 (2715 posts) - - Show Bio

@krauser99: This...

@Blood1991 said:

Captain America is THE leader of the Marvel Universe. When sh!t hits the fan he is the face that everyone looks to for hope and courage. He rises above every challenge that comes his way and lives by the rule "Never Give Up" and brings out the best in those around him.

The character really is phenomenal to have been created in 1941 and still remain so marketable.

And this.

To me Captain America is what we can all hope to be, he's not motivated by guilt or revenge, like somany other heroes are. He does what he does because it's simply the right thing to do. And there are only a few super heroes who actually do that. Batman does it for revenge, Thor for glory, Spiderman out of guilt.

#4 Posted by TheSwordsman (1954 posts) - - Show Bio

1.) The Super-soldier serum

2.) The nigh-indestructable shield

3.) His Paladin-like morality.

4.) His leadership abilities and ability to inspire.

#5 Posted by baron2011 (1152 posts) - - Show Bio

don't know

he is kind of irrelevant to me,maybe because i'm not from USA

#6 Posted by Cap10nate (2296 posts) - - Show Bio

He is the person you should aspire to be. 616 Captain America is the quintessential hero. He answers the call, fights for what is right, makes the hard decisions, inspires others, and will be the first one on the battlefield even though he is surrounded by Gods, Hulks, men covered by armor, and others vastly superior in raw power.

The problem is that people were starting to write him like his Ultimate counterpart in the crossovers and team books. If you read any Captain America story and then read AVX, you would think that it was two different characters for most of the story. I was worried that Remender would focus on this version of him given his darker, militaristic work with X-Force. Two issues into the series, it seems that he is keeping the 616 personality which is a great sign. Haven't really been able to see how Hickman will utilize Cap, but he is a fantastic writer so I am not too worried. It looks like Marvel Now has helped to slow the proliferation of the Ultimate personality into 616 Cap.

#7 Posted by Walker696 (984 posts) - - Show Bio

Cap is a symbol that people can relate to, as was said he does what he does because its right. He can die just as easily as any other human but he fights Gods, aliens, beings that can level cities, and creatures that give the most powerful heroes pause. At times he fights when no one else is left to fight, heck even Thor sees this and that's why he follows him, think about that a God who seeks glory follows a mortal. He is what people hope and strive to become, when you think of heroes. Lets be honest when you see Superman, Ironman, Thor, Hulk, Green Lantern and so on see there powers first with him you see a man and shield and nothing more. Superman may (I said may, don't want to start an arugement lol) be the U.S's most powerful hero but Cap is its son and hope.

#8 Posted by Nova`Prime` (4165 posts) - - Show Bio

I think what makes Cap head and shoulders above the rest was even as a sickly scrawny nothing he had it in him to stand up to evil in any form.

#9 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33360 posts) - - Show Bio
@baron2011 said:

don't know

he is kind of irrelevant to me,maybe because i'm not from USA

#10 Posted by krauser99 (826 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah for me a lot of people are hitting the nail on the head. His determination his never give up mentality. Always trying to do what's right even if others are against him. As a super hero he does his best not to take a life at all cost but even that he must do from time to time.

#11 Posted by krauser99 (826 posts) - - Show Bio

@tg1982 said:

@krauser99: This...

Thanks. That was indeed a great speech that he made.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.