What do you think of captain americas new outfit?

• 61 results
#1 Edited by DATNIGGA (1193 posts) - - Show Bio
His new outfit is so awsome

I like it alot better than his old one personally I think it makes him looks like a real super solder

#2 Posted by One_Eye (783 posts) - - Show Bio

@DATNIGGA said:

His new outfit is so awsome

I like it alot better than his old one personally I think it makes him looks like a real super solder

Definitely movie-inspired which is cool by me which fine considering that I like his movie costume. Looks like he can actually take a hit now.

#3 Posted by DATNIGGA (1193 posts) - - Show Bio

@One_Eye: yeah he looks really durable in that suit

#4 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13176 posts) - - Show Bio

I like it. I don't mind movie inspired costumes in comics as long as they're good.

#5 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4530 posts) - - Show Bio

It looks like something that sould have been incorporated into the Ultimate marvel universe as well as Thor's costume in other words its horrible.

#6 Posted by Flopsop200 (171 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the design. I just think it's a shame they can't stick with it. This and Uncanny came out the same day and they both feature redesigns of the costume (Cassady's just barely). Also in the Captain America preview for Marvel Now! His costume looks different yet again. I say if your gonna change it use the design from consequences, if not just leave it alone.

#7 Posted by DATNIGGA (1193 posts) - - Show Bio

@Flopsop200: I think thats mostly due to the different artists...

it must be a pain to have to draw all that detail some artists can pull that off lesser artists cannot.... so even though its suppose to look this way it changes due to the art

this has been the case with iron mans outfit a bunch of times

#8 Edited by tg1982 (2715 posts) - - Show Bio

@Flopsop200 said:

I like the design. I just think it's a shame they can't stick with it. This and Uncanny came out the same day and they both feature redesigns of the costume (Cassady's just barely). Also in the Captain America preview for Marvel Now! His costume looks different yet again. I say if your gonna change it use the design from consequences, if not just leave it alone.

Let's not forget that John Romita Jr. has yet another version, so that makes 4. Honestly the costume isn't bad, but like Flopsop200 said, they need to pick a design and stick with it, otherwise it's kind of dumb. I think if they got rid of the honey comb it would help in the ease of the design, or just show it in close ups like with Cap's old "chain-mail" suit.

#9 Posted by Cap10nate (2300 posts) - - Show Bio

That art looks awful.

#10 Posted by tg1982 (2715 posts) - - Show Bio

@Cap10nate: Yeah, who is the artist?

#11 Posted by Cap10nate (2300 posts) - - Show Bio

@tg1982: I have no idea. I'm still not excited about JRJR drawing the Marvel Now title either. I want Epting back. He was the man on this title.

#12 Posted by tg1982 (2715 posts) - - Show Bio

@Cap10nate: I actually like JRJr. I've been a fan of his since Cable: Blood and Metal, waaaaaay back in the day. But Epting was the bee's knees too, also McNiven. But I think Cassaday's re-design is the best it's still classic looking, but with a few tweaks, namely the boots and gloves. I hope they eventually use this as Cap's design.

#13 Posted by The Stegman (24438 posts) - - Show Bio

Costume's alright...art not so much.

#14 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4530 posts) - - Show Bio

Send that crap back to the 1610/ movieverse designer, or use it as a rug mat.

#15 Posted by Xanni15 (6758 posts) - - Show Bio

@Cap10nate said:

That art looks awful.

Looks like fan art.

#16 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the costume, actually looks like a soldier now.

#17 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4530 posts) - - Show Bio

#18 Posted by War Killer (20211 posts) - - Show Bio
@Deranged Midget said:

I like the costume, actually looks like a soldier now.

Exactly. Though I wish he had the helmet in his main series, hopefully that will change.
#19 Posted by xxxddd (3572 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome.

#20 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@War Killer: Eh, I don't know if Cap is supposed to eventually adopt that costume because in the first Uncanny Avengers issue, he was still sporting his old costume. Could just be the individual artists take.

#21 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4530 posts) - - Show Bio

#22 Edited by War Killer (20211 posts) - - Show Bio
@Deranged Midget said:

@War Killer: Eh, I don't know if Cap is supposed to eventually adopt that costume because in the first Uncanny Avengers issue, he was still sporting his old costume. Could just be the individual artists take.

I believe it's just different artist giving their take on the new look, seeing as if you compare most of the new designs in the various Marvel Now! titles you'll notice the similarities as they all draw Cap, in some form or fashion, with a helmet and a more armored uniform than before.
#23 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@War Killer: Makes sense.

#24 Posted by War Killer (20211 posts) - - Show Bio
@Deranged Midget: Personally I wish Marvel would have one of their best artist come up with a universal redesign that, while still retaining what made the classic look so popular, looks more like something a super-soldier would wear into battle. Then I would get all of the editors together who are on titles with Cap in them and make sure the artists on those titles do their best to stick to that new design.
#25 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@War Killer: Completely agreed, because at this point, it doesn't seem that all the artists are staying true to what the new design is supposed to look like.

#26 Posted by War Killer (20211 posts) - - Show Bio
@Deranged Midget: Exactly, and some, like in Uncanny Avengers, barely even look different and just looks like the artist gave him knee-pads and said "well, it's different" and just left it like that. My biggest fear though is that artist will simply start drawing him in his previous costume, throwing the idea of this new suit out the window, because of the lack of getting all of the artist drawing the same, or at least close to, the same design.
#27 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@War Killer: Which is sad really, because when you put this much dedication and time into creating essentially a "new" universe, stick to the plans that have been laid out. Don't cheap out and start ignoring what should be continuity.

#28 Edited by War Killer (20211 posts) - - Show Bio
@Deranged Midget said:

@War Killer: Which is sad really, because when you put this much dedication and time into creating essentially a "new" universe, stick to the plans that have been laid out. Don't cheap out and start ignoring what should be continuity.

I wouldn't say it was a "new universe", but I do agree that when you "revamp" your characters, giving them new looks and changing up their status quo, it would be nice to stick with those changes and making sure everyone is on board with what's going on and how things are going to be.

I mean now thinking about it, every artist seems to be drawing Iron Man's new armor the same, Thor's new looks seems to be transitioning into various books he's appearing in, yet somehow Cap is the one people are not being consistent with.
#29 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@War Killer said:

I wouldn't say it was a "new universe", but I do agree that when you "revamp" your characters, giving them new looks and changing up their status quo, it would be nice to stick with those changes and making sure everyone is on board with what's going on and how things are going to be. I mean now thinking about it, every artist seems to be drawing Iron Man's new armor the same, Thor's new looks seems to be transitioning into various books he's appearing in, yet somehow Cap is the one people are not being consistent with.

Well of course it isn't a new universe, but as you said, they are attempting revamp new characters. It's a little sad when artists can't keep up with a single thing such as a change of costume. I know Cap's classic suit is well... classic, but if there is need for change, then follow suit. Don't slack off and draw the exact same costume with a helmet and expect people not to notice.

#30 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7853 posts) - - Show Bio

@Cap10nate said:

That art looks awful.

Yeah. The new costume ain't bad, but the art doesn't do it justice.

#31 Posted by Cap10nate (2300 posts) - - Show Bio

@BiteMe-Fanboy said:

@Cap10nate said:

That art looks awful.

Yeah. The new costume ain't bad, but the art doesn't do it justice.

I'm still not a fan of the bulky helmet and chin strap. It is definitely more practical for the character but not as visually appealing as the hood that formed to his head in my opinion.

#32 Posted by War Killer (20211 posts) - - Show Bio
@Deranged Midget said:

@War Killer said:

I wouldn't say it was a "new universe", but I do agree that when you "revamp" your characters, giving them new looks and changing up their status quo, it would be nice to stick with those changes and making sure everyone is on board with what's going on and how things are going to be. I mean now thinking about it, every artist seems to be drawing Iron Man's new armor the same, Thor's new looks seems to be transitioning into various books he's appearing in, yet somehow Cap is the one people are not being consistent with.

Well of course it isn't a new universe, but as you said, they are attempting revamp new characters. It's a little sad when artists can't keep up with a single thing such as a change of costume. I know Cap's classic suit is well... classic, but if there is need for change, then follow suit. Don't slack off and draw the exact same costume with a helmet and expect people not to notice.

Exactly!
#33 Posted by tg1982 (2715 posts) - - Show Bio

So which version of the Marvel NOW costume do you guys like the most?

John Romita Jr.
John Cassaday
Jerome Opena
#34 Posted by War Killer (20211 posts) - - Show Bio
@tg1982 said:

So which version of the Marvel NOW costume do you guys like the most?

Jerome Opena
Last one.
#35 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

Is there a better showing of it?

#36 Edited by tg1982 (2715 posts) - - Show Bio

@War Killer: I'm undecided. I never had a problem with his classic costume (although I would mind a change to the boots and gloves), But I do like all 3 revisions, I just hope they pick one for all and stick with it.

#37 Posted by War Killer (20211 posts) - - Show Bio
@tg1982 said:

@War Killer: I'm undecided. I never had a problem with his classic costume (although I would mind a change to the boots and gloves), But I do like all 3 revisions, I just hope they pick one for all and stick with it.

I've never been a fan of the chain mail, but I've always been annoyed by the fact that Cap wears spandex despite the fact that he's a soldier, not Spider-Man. So I've always been a fan of the uniform Ultimate Cap wore, specifically what he wore in Ultimates 2, with the more militaristic look and the helmet over the mask look. I understand Cap's a superhero in his own right, but he's also a super-soldier and thus I feel he should wear something a soldier would wear.
#38 Posted by tg1982 (2715 posts) - - Show Bio

@War Killer: A fair point.

#39 Posted by tg1982 (2715 posts) - - Show Bio

@SandMan_: Which one?

#40 Posted by War Killer (20211 posts) - - Show Bio

BEST REDESIGN YET!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Captain America #1 variant cover by Ryan Meinerding
#41 Posted by Cap10nate (2300 posts) - - Show Bio

@War Killer said:

That is an awesome drawing.

#42 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@War Killer said:

YES! That is what I'm talking about! It remains faithful to the classic costume but becomes more accessible for a super soldier in battle!

#43 Edited by tg1982 (2715 posts) - - Show Bio

Simply awesome, this artist is great! This is how his costume should look!!! WOW!!!

#44 Posted by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio

Same problem with the movie costume it's based on, the helmet looks stupid.

#45 Posted by HushoftheWind (996 posts) - - Show Bio

I dont know about you guys, but i like the JRJR Captain America suit in in the Captain America preview, it look more like a modern version of the Cap costumes from the 616-verse comics and not a movie rip or a ultimate rip.

#46 Posted by War Killer (20211 posts) - - Show Bio
@fodigg said:

Same problem with the movie costume it's based on, the helmet looks stupid.

What do you not like about it?
#47 Posted by Teerack (6372 posts) - - Show Bio

It looks a million times better now.

#48 Posted by Asagod (292 posts) - - Show Bio

@War Killer said:

I do like this one, I think it's the best version I've seen.

#49 Posted by cameron83 (7344 posts) - - Show Bio

The so-called better version is the exact same thing!

It is just the way someone drew it different,so in essence,it is still the same design.

Just one artist's style doesn't really go well with the costume

#50 Posted by DMC (1551 posts) - - Show Bio

@War Killer said:

Agreed, if only all the comics were consistent.

John Cassaday's is TERRIBLE

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.