Follow

Captain America

Character » Captain America appears in 11750 issues.

During World War II, Steve Rogers volunteered to receive the experimental Super-Soldier Serum. Enhanced to the pinnacle of human physical potential and armed with an unbreakable shield, he became Captain America. After a failed mission left him encased in ice for decades, he was found and revived by the Avengers, later joining their ranks and eventually becoming the team's leader.

Were ALL of Cap's physical attributes enhanced to peak human?

Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Power NeXus

It's common knowledge that his strength, speed, agility, reflexes, jumping, and endurance were peak human. But what about his senses (sight, hearing, touch, smell, taste) and brain power?

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By The_Martian

Brain power wasn't other wise he would be like Reed Richards.

castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3  Edited By castleking

his eyesight and or his mind was slightly increased but only in reaction time not brain power.

Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Nova`Prime`

I don't think his senses were advanced, at least I don't ever recall reading that they were. But I believe his mind was altered to make him a better tacticans and stragacist. It would only make sense you want your super soldier to have the keenest of military minds.

Avatar image for anderson__agent_of_smith
    Anderson: Agent of SMITH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Ha ha, wow... When I saw this title, I thought you were talking about something TOTALLY different...

But yeah, what Nova 'Prime' said.

Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Power NeXus
    Anderson: Agent of SMITH said:
    Ha ha, wow... When I saw this title, I thought you were talking about something TOTALLY different...But yeah, what Nova ... [more]

Holy crap...
    I can only imagine what that kind of peak human would be like...
    Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Andferne

Yes his senses were enhanced to peak human as well. Which is the reason why he is able to dodge bullets so effectively even without the shield. More so with it as he sees them at a slower rate. As for brain activity I don't think there is any proof in comics that it was increased besides his sudden ability to calculate so many angles with his shield to get the desired effects he wants with it bouncing off various surfaces and things like that.

No Caption Provided

Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Andferne

Also his endurance, stamina, durability etc were all increased. As well as his immune system. Meaning he is resistant to many diseases, toxins, poisons, his body does not fatigue like normal people and he can not get drunk.

Omega King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Omega King

When i read the title, i thought it was one big inuuendo.

Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Andferne

The only evidence I could think of that showed his mind was increased, at least in the slightest bit was how he is able to understand, calculate, and throw his shield. To be able to do it at the speeds he does, so effortlessly would have to be a higher degree of understanding. Throwing something and getting it to bounce off of one object, or back to you is one thing. But being able to bounce it off of multiple surfaces is a totally different thing.

Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Power NeXus
    @Andferne said:
    "The only evidence I could think of that showed his mind was increased, at least in the slightest bit was how he is able to understand, calculate, and throw his shield. To be able to do it at the speeds he does, so effortlessly would have to be a higher degree of understanding. Throwing something and getting it to bounce off of one object, or back to you is one thing. But being able to bounce it off of multiple surfaces is a totally different thing. "

Much like Cyclops' instinctive geometry thing.
    Avatar image for unsolvedparadox
    UnsolvedParadox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By UnsolvedParadox
    @Power NeXus said:
    " @Andferne said:
    "The only evidence I could think of that showed his mind was increased, at least in the slightest bit was how he is able to understand, calculate, and throw his shield. To be able to do it at the speeds he does, so effortlessly would have to be a higher degree of understanding. Throwing something and getting it to bounce off of one object, or back to you is one thing. But being able to bounce it off of multiple surfaces is a totally different thing. "
    Much like Cyclops' instinctive geometry thing. "
    Hmm, I thought he got that through years of practice in the Danger Room?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.