The times Marvel has stated/suggested Steve is superhuman.

#1 Edited by krauser99 (826 posts) - - Show Bio

Steve power level has always fascinated most and others. From comic book statement like Preternatural, to the Perfect Human or even "Peak Human". But this is a little bit different. I'm curious of the times that he has just been called only "Super" human or even "Super" Man. These are the times that I have noted in my collections of the man known as Captain America. I'll start out with this one, and post others as well.

As Steve points out, that with Esrkine plan to create an army of Super Human Warriors. They would have also created Adamantium Robots to counter the Super Soldiers. But since they couldn't produce any army, as Steve was the only one of his kind. They most have feared these Super humans big time, as Steve is living proof of this.

#2 Edited by krauser99 (826 posts) - - Show Bio

Here we have Manning from the Future a devastating one state seeing Cap caught him off guard since there are no more "Super" humans from his time(implying he believes Steve is Superhuman), let alone--

#3 Edited by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

Ba-bump.

#4 Edited by krauser99 (826 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanks man. I'll probably ask you later on again for my next set. This is from a favorite Cap annual of mine. Boxers world class but when temptation of augmentation to be the best usually comes with a price. Cap is on the Job. Cap while fighting one of there enhanced Super human Boxers. Steve states he is not as Superhuman as them but this implies he is at a certain Superhuman level...even if it's not as much as them.

After Cap knock's the Superhuman boxer out his doctor and goons capture Steve at gun point and threaten to kill him if they don't tell him where he got enhanced from. Steve undercover tells them he's was born with, that he is what you call a mutant....LOL Eventually Cap breaks free and faces another one other there Superhuman boxers called the Bantam.
Notice above there superhuman to the point that bullets hardly affect them.
Easily tears through huge metal containment's.
Steve vs Bantam notice how Steve easily handls a punch to the face from him in berzerk mode and not even phased and with his own strength pins him against his will. These are the types of Super Boxers that Steve was facing. Super Human Boxer meet.....Super Soldier nuff said. More to come later on.

about this ad

#5 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

And another ba-bump

#6 Posted by Cap10nate (2300 posts) - - Show Bio

He did have enhanced strength around the Secret Empire time. That is the Cap used in Avengers forever and he has a couple strength feats to display that he was super human for a little while.

#7 Edited by krauser99 (826 posts) - - Show Bio

These are none of the tales when Cap had Super Human strength during Avengers forever nor Engleharts Run.These are all SSS references.

Steve breaks into part of a military facility as he then easily hacks into classified files on the Superhuman called Nuke. But notice for himself that it states the experiment that made him a Superman.

Super Human vs Superman below
High building fall into another building as they touch down on the ground.

Notice it was our resident Superman that was able to get back up from the fall and carry the other would be Superhuman. :)

#8 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

Ba-Bump. Great scans, by the way

#9 Posted by ThanoStomp (789 posts) - - Show Bio

#10 Posted by novi_homines (1338 posts) - - Show Bio

There will be people like @muyjingo, who will simply take these as feats that are the writer's doing. Or overrated claims (in relation to the "superhuman warrior" line), that is also a result of other writers as well. Even though the scans seem to be among the earliest stories of Cap ever written.

#11 Posted by tg1982 (2715 posts) - - Show Bio

I think there is a valid argument that can be made for Cap being enhanced, but to say he's super-human is pushing it, IMO.

#12 Posted by krauser99 (826 posts) - - Show Bio

Here's another time. On the column page, notice endowed with a superhuman physique. In this very same book this super human physique was checked on running straight for half and hour. And yet Steve's pulse/heart rate was the same of a 21 year old at rest! Now this thread is strickly about the time's he's been called superhuman. Which I have "indeed" done. But I also don't mind showing off some feats with the very same writer that "stated" it in there book. See below.

Two feats in one. Notice Steve hurt Namor while under water! As Namor grasps Cap's foot and again Steve strikes at Namor's hand making him release his super grip.
Most have seen this battle as Steve for the first time knock's out class 10 ton USAgent. While Agent was strangling Steve with a wire. This fight was a collosul battle but I only posted the last scan of there fight as most have scene it already.

#13 Posted by krauser99 (826 posts) - - Show Bio

Here is Steve. Before Walker wore this outfit Steve wore it first before him. This Massive Robot "thing"seemed bigger and thicker then the car, that it can easily throw as it faces Steve. Cap punches it with his fists so hard it falls on a car and completely crushes it. And this was a massive Robot.

#14 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

And the loyal sidekick of Captain America - Bumping Barnes - comes to the rescue once again with another spectacular bump!

Keep the scans coming, these are great.

#15 Posted by Vitality (1764 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know about calling him superhuman...but he is definitely beyond peak human.

#16 Edited by krauser99 (826 posts) - - Show Bio

I really enjoyed the Marvel Projects(art work is nice to), notice Ed Brubaker used the words, the race for the Super Human. Back in WW2 it was all about having an edge to win the war, to have the ultimate human weapon. And that Super Human edge was Super Soldier Steve Rogers. The scans pretty much speak for themselves. Namor definitely a power house as he states," Is there no surface worlder worthy to face me." It was Captain America that took him down, a being so powerful that can prepare with a massive tidal wave that engulfs the city.

about this ad

about this ad

#17 Posted by krauser99 (826 posts) - - Show Bio

@vitality said:

I don't know about calling him superhuman...but he is definitely beyond peak human.

I don't. I call him Superhuman and the peak of human potential. Even the current writer is having him do some crazy feats. Like this.....

Or high falls like this.
#18 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

Great scans as always - I'm a big fan of Marvels Project too (did the entire Wiki page!). And jeez...did Cap just tear his entire chest cavity out?

#19 Edited by krauser99 (826 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark said:

Great scans as always - I'm a big fan of Marvels Project too (did the entire Wiki page!). And jeez...did Cap just tear his entire chest cavity out?

Thanks man. I really enjoyed it as well. Not sure how big it is but it looks deep that's for sure. Cap's healing/recovery is starting to border on Slade level me thinks.

#20 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

@krauser99

That's pretty nuts - I don't think any ordinary human can survive the inevitable blood loss that follows. I'm curious, what happened to Cap after that? Did he still fight - did he just slap on some bandages? Or did he collapse?

#21 Posted by Captainamerica119 (200 posts) - - Show Bio

They have suggested it to many times to count

#22 Edited by krauser99 (826 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought this was a impressive strength feat for Superior Spiderman. As Hulk and Thor hold him down they acknowledge feeling his strength. Now what does this have to do with Cap. Well....it reminded me of a old Cap feat. :) With Ironman and Thor holding him down as Ironman comments it feels like holding down a tornado(as he has the help of Thor)..........Super Soldier.

#23 Posted by Supreme_Maj (291 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow very good scans

#24 Edited by krauser99 (826 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow very good scans

Thanks you should check out my other thread titled. "Captain America more then meet's the eye. Tell me what you think about it.

#25 Posted by kcjr (313 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know how anyone can claim he's not superhuman. Sure, he's not a "heavy hitter", but he's absolutely more than human.

#26 Posted by SlimJ87D (9938 posts) - - Show Bio

@krauser99: Once again, you prove to be quite knowledgeable on Captain America. Thanks for the scans.

#27 Posted by krauser99 (826 posts) - - Show Bio

@slimj87d said:

@krauser99: Once again, you prove to be quite knowledgeable on Captain America. Thanks for the scans.

No problem. Glad you enjoyed it.

#28 Posted by Hyperlight (5839 posts) - - Show Bio

i look at it this way.. Cap is as powerful as a person can be at this point in humanities evolutionary development for a person of his size and weight. i could argue that his stamina is superhuman though

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.