The Avengers to feature a new Captain America costme

#1 Posted by Gambit1024 (9843 posts) - - Show Bio
#2 Posted by PowerHerc (85336 posts) - - Show Bio

Sure, change it.  Why not? 

If the basic design Cap has sported for 70 years wasn't sacred enough to be the movie costume, then why should the Cap-movie costume be too sacred to change?

#3 Posted by Green Skin (2918 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambit1024 said:

I personally like the one they're using in the First Avenger, but maybe they might do the chain mail and metal wings for the Avengers? 
"
The problem with the metal wings is that they would basically be handles attached to his head, and in a fight that's a very bad thing to have.  Hopefully they use the chainmail though.
#4 Posted by Deranged Midget (17974 posts) - - Show Bio

Interesting. I wonder if he sports his First Avenger suit for the beginning before he switches to the modern version.

#5 Posted by Gambit1024 (9843 posts) - - Show Bio
@Green Skin: Good point. So what do you think, no wings at all?
#6 Posted by King Quisling (1980 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably something closer to this original concept.
#7 Posted by Green Skin (2918 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambit1024 said:
" @Green Skin: Good point. So what do you think, no wings at all? "
I'd leave them off, it worked for Ultimate Cap.  I just think it's one of those things that won't translate well into live action.
#8 Posted by Gambit1024 (9843 posts) - - Show Bio
@Green Skin: I was thinking maybe painted on. Like his costume in Secret War. 
#9 Posted by doordoor123 (3721 posts) - - Show Bio
#10 Posted by Green Skin (2918 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambit1024 said:
" @Green Skin: I was thinking maybe painted on. Like his costume in Secret War.  "
Actually that would be better, totally forgot about that costume.
#11 Posted by GTG12 (1548 posts) - - Show Bio

sweet hope it looks cool.
#12 Posted by DH69 (4193 posts) - - Show Bio

wouldnt mind a modified version of what he's runnin around in right now. gonna miss the super soldier suit when he becomes cap again...

#13 Posted by reaper2923 (2778 posts) - - Show Bio

I could see that yeah cuz if you think about it the current design looks too 40s

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.