Follow

Captain America

Character » Captain America appears in 11751 issues.

During World War II, Steve Rogers volunteered to receive the experimental Super-Soldier Serum. Enhanced to the pinnacle of human physical potential and armed with an unbreakable shield, he became Captain America. After a failed mission left him encased in ice for decades, he was found and revived by the Avengers, later joining their ranks and eventually becoming the team's leader.

That B-Rated Badguy: Birth of Captain America video review

MTHarman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 0

Edited By MTHarman

As I promised in my very first video, I told you that I was gonna take your ass to the past ( well, try to ). God, I love history, to know how things started and what it was like back then. Its funny how the world was different back then when Marvel made its very first issue, but with Captain America, nothing has changed. 
     Probably the only worst part in history for Captain America was during the 50's, even with his grand return, Captain America would lose his fame as a communist fighter. But with Stan "the man" Lee brought Captain America back and have him show what its like to be a real superhero, our boy in Red, White, and Blue was back. As for the 50's and the recover from is another video I plan on doing in the future. 
    Its obvious how Captain America's first appearance would have a reaction compared to a solid motivational punch in the face of pure excitement. Even though I strongly believe that his revival was anticipated and should have been used for a later time, im glad that Captain America is in the hands of a talented writer who isn't losing his edge or respect. Till this day, Captain America still has comics coming out about his past, probably the only man in Marvel history with the most dynamic and interesting past that no other character can ever compare to. 
    To keep this short, here's a video I made and I did alot in here to make it as interesting as possible.  
    If there is anything extremely way off on my knowledge or info, then please feel free to let me know so I can try to fix it. 
    Anyways, I hope you enjoy my short Marvel history lesson and thank you for watching.     

MichaeltheFly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 26

#1  Edited By MichaeltheFly

Awesome MT, classic and modern both at the same time.

IAMtheHERO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By IAMtheHERO

i love it sir

B'Town

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By B'Town

In school History was one of my favorite subjects.  I have to say you have brought that excitement back for me right here with your Captain America History Lesson.  Job  well done.  Thank you.  I hope you will share many more over time.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.