Follow

Captain America

Character » Captain America appears in 11751 issues.

During World War II, Steve Rogers volunteered to receive the experimental Super-Soldier Serum. Enhanced to the pinnacle of human physical potential and armed with an unbreakable shield, he became Captain America. After a failed mission left him encased in ice for decades, he was found and revived by the Avengers, later joining their ranks and eventually becoming the team's leader.

Super Soldier Serum

Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Andferne

This is what we have on the page for it, and I was wondering if anyone had anything else to add to it, or knew what else it did. Like did it enhance his vision, hearing, touch, and smell as well?

The Super-Soldier Serum increased his body to the physical maximum. He literally has the max abilities it's possible to have and not be a superhuman. He is as intelligent, fast, durable, strong, and agile as any human could be. He could win every contest in the Olympics, weightlifting to racing. He has run a mile in roughly a minute and bench-pressed 1100 pounds. A major part is that the serum prevents the build-up of fatigue poisons in his muscles. This means he effectively never tires, so he can do such extraordinary feats and fight for such a long time. This also means he cannot become intoxicated and is immune to many diseases. The serum has also enhanced his reflexes and senses

Avatar image for the_gingerbread_man
    The Gingerbread Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well hearing, touch, and smell are all parts of ones senses so I'd assume based on that entry the answer to your question would be yes.

Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Andferne

I think there is a limit to what the human body can do yes. Or at least contain before it snaps.

Xeron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Xeron

The concept of the human maximum is interesting, do you suppose there really is one?

Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Andferne

Oh another question about the serum. They say a person only uses a small portion of his brain (forgive me I do not know the exact stats). Do you think the serum allowed him to access all of his brain functions more properly.

Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Andferne

lmao, that was funny, and yeah it helps Thanks.

Avatar image for the_gingerbread_man
    The Gingerbread Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not sure if this helps any or not.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.