Super Bowl trailer

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by Sydpart2 (1092 posts) - - Show Bio

Just aired. Thoughts? Personally I liked the brief glimpse of Red Skull. Wonder how long till we get an extended trailer... 
EDIT 
 Keep seeing people posting different links to the trailer, so obviously no one's going to the link in my second post on this topic XD. So here's the link to Marvel's youtube trailer which will probably be the only youtube one that stays up for long. 
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jX-dpQAginE&feature=feedu 

#2 Posted by slvrwolfang (76 posts) - - Show Bio

i liked the brief glimpses of everything really, they gave a little bit of each part of the story which has me really excited to see the movie

#3 Posted by Sydpart2 (1092 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel got that up quick XD
 http://www.avengersite.com/category/captain-america

#4 Posted by cattlebattle (12790 posts) - - Show Bio

his costume just ruins it, I'm not big on characters being "replicas" of the comic (i thought the X-Mens movie uniforms were practical). but Caps outfit is just too silly looking
#5 Posted by KingLoki (390 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks amazing.

#6 Posted by Sydpart2 (1092 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle:  idk man there's no chain mail and it is toned down nicely, I liked how the handled the wings personally.

#7 Posted by cattlebattle (12790 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sydpart2:
the shoulders look duct tape together
#8 Posted by UpUpAndAway (192 posts) - - Show Bio

So finally this should shut people up who have criticized the released photos. They really were out of context and now that the final thing is put together and we have a trailer you can really appreciate the quality of it. Its like someone who is about to release the first hamburger but ssomeone releases a picture of a cow in advance, you'd sat "ewwww no!" but once they showed you the finished burger you'd dive right in. Im super excited and think it'll be amazing.

#9 Posted by Sydpart2 (1092 posts) - - Show Bio
@cattlebattle: I don't really see that but everyone is entitled to their opinion I guess
@UpUpAndAway:
agreed
#10 Posted by Larkin1388 (1760 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyone got alink for it... i dont have tv... 

#11 Posted by Sydpart2 (1092 posts) - - Show Bio
@Larkin1388 said:
" Anyone got alink for it... i dont have tv...  "
look at my 2nd post in this topic
#12 Posted by Band Lone (1789 posts) - - Show Bio
#13 Posted by Larkin1388 (1760 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sydpart2: thanks 
#14 Posted by Mercy_ (92708 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Posted by Band Lone (1789 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok, I got him better now 

:)
#16 Posted by six-duck (12 posts) - - Show Bio

I've never been a huge Avenger(Iron Man, Captain America, Thor) fan, never payed attention to them at all. But their films have really gotten me interested in the characters. The films have actually got me to pick up issues containing these characters for the first time, and I have been enjoying the comics and films so much. First with Iron Man then Thor, and now Cap.  

I think the brief Cap trailer is great, though I was surprised to see Red Skull so red and... skully

#17 Posted by six-duck (12 posts) - - Show Bio
@Band Lone: I guess he'd be pulling off Hugo Weaving's face?
#18 Posted by shawn87 (2095 posts) - - Show Bio
@Band Lone said:
" Ok, I got him better now 

:) "
that looks so cool
#19 Posted by Band Lone (1789 posts) - - Show Bio
@six-duck:  Shrugs probably :)
#20 Posted by Sydpart2 (1092 posts) - - Show Bio
@shawn87 said:
" @Band Lone said:
" Ok, I got him better now 

that looks so cool "
Awesome
#21 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29501 posts) - - Show Bio

#22 Posted by Omertalvendetta (395 posts) - - Show Bio
@Band Lone: Red Skull looks amazing!!  I love it!
#23 Posted by Jotham (4564 posts) - - Show Bio

It was okay. I think if I wasn't already sold, I'd be a little less likely to see it, though.

#24 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought that the trailer would be a little more explosive. Either way I am still happily looking forward to this movie.

#25 Posted by X (225 posts) - - Show Bio

"How do you feel?" Steve Rogers."Taller." I loved that  
P.S. um do u think i could get some of that super soldier stuff i would like to be taller lol 

#26 Posted by Dark Cell (447 posts) - - Show Bio
#27 Posted by Valas (23 posts) - - Show Bio

alright i thought this "teaser" was wayyyy too short. i felt that i didnt get anything concrete, just a few screen shots tied together. but i might just be hungering for more content. 

i like what i see so far though!

#28 Posted by Sydpart2 (1092 posts) - - Show Bio
@Valas said:
" alright i thought this "teaser" was wayyyy too short. i felt that i didnt get anything concrete, just a few screen shots tied together. but i might just be hungering for more content.  i like what i see so far though! "
this
#29 Posted by joshmightbe (24885 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought it looked good and I liked the new thor trailer too

#30 Posted by War Killer (20218 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sydpart2 said:
" @Valas said:
" alright i thought this "teaser" was wayyyy too short. i felt that i didnt get anything concrete, just a few screen shots tied together. but i might just be hungering for more content.  i like what i see so far though! "
this "
It was just enough to get me excited....a bit let down that Bucky wasn't shown more, but I guess that's the point of it being a "teaser" xD

Now the hard part....avoiding anymore trailers/commercials of this thing until July O_O

CAPTAIN AMERICA APPROVES OF THIS TEASER! ^_^
#31 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29501 posts) - - Show Bio
@War Killer: Haha! You're doing the same thing I am! I have a "No trailers after the teaser" rule for Cap, Thor, GL and any comic movie! :p
#32 Posted by War Killer (20218 posts) - - Show Bio
@InnerVenom123: Well I didn't follow that rule with Iron Man 2 and I basically spoiled the whole movie for myself through just trailers, and finally when I went into the theaters I was just like, "seen it....seen it....saw that coming....seen it..." lol

Gonna suck when I go see Thor though, probably going to have to leave the theater until the trailers are done playing xD
#33 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29501 posts) - - Show Bio
@War Killer: .... dude, that same exact thing happened to me. And that's the exact reason I made the rule. o_O

xDDD Same.
#34 Posted by War Killer (20218 posts) - - Show Bio
@InnerVenom123: I got the rule from my friend, I think he only watched like one trailer and then avoided everything else until it came out....so he was surprised to see the suitcase armor in the movie unlike me..... v___v
#35 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29501 posts) - - Show Bio
@War Killer: -.- They give too much away..... grrr...
#36 Posted by War Killer (20218 posts) - - Show Bio
@InnerVenom123: Agreed. But I love the fact that I can show off my geekiness to my non-comic book friends, I was at church this evening and my friend texted me telling me she had just seen the Captain America trailer and when it's coming out and I was just, "I knew about this like a year ago" xD
#37 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

If you pause in the right places you see Dum Dum Dugan :) 

Anyone else as excited as I am for this??

#38 Edited by Hellos (8914 posts) - - Show Bio

I love spoilers from trailers too much.  
Movie Thor's Mjolnir smash is still epic. 

Edit I forgot to mention something about the Cap trailer. 
Damn if that machine can do wonders for Steve Rogers I need to get myself a super soldier machine. 
#39 Posted by Hellos (8914 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambit1024 said:
"If you pause in the right places you see Dum Dum Dugan :)  Anyone else as excited as I am for this?? "

I'm always hyped for a comicbook hero film and I'm still digging what I've seen from Cap.
#40 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it looks amazing. Chris Evans definitely looks the part, the costume and shield look great, and I have a feeling this movie might be the sleeper hit of the year. I am incredibly pumped now. :D

#41 Posted by Hellos (8914 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't know why people are complaining about the costume, I think it looks fine and considering it's likely going to dissapear after the first film it seems like a pointless complaint IMO.
#42 Edited by lightningfast (55 posts) - - Show Bio

The Captain America trailer looks good apart from the flamethrower soldiers .  

#43 Posted by Sydpart2 (1092 posts) - - Show Bio
@lightningfast said:
"  Looks good apart from the flamethrower soldiers .   "
why? I mean they did have those in WWII...
#44 Edited by lightningfast (55 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sydpart2: They look slow, clunky and the flames have very limited attack range. I don't see the point of them. A Nazi soldier with a gun could pose more threat against Cap's speed and agility.
#45 Posted by entropy_aegis (15329 posts) - - Show Bio
@Band Lone said:
"Ok, I got him better now 

Is that you hugo? 
and the trailer looks fine,though I WANT MORE.
#46 Posted by growup (525 posts) - - Show Bio

Love it 

wish I could see more though
#47 Posted by bgibs13390 (886 posts) - - Show Bio

At one point it almost looked like Namor in the trailer. That would be flipping awesome!!!!

#48 Posted by Sydpart2 (1092 posts) - - Show Bio
@lightningfast: well I don't think it's really the threat that's going to be the important part. If there were flame throwers in WWII it makes sense that they'd have them, why not at lest try to use em'?
#49 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.