Steve Rogers is Captain America Again this July!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Posted by Darknom2 (16 posts) - - Show Bio

Just in time for the movie:  

CAPTAIN AMERICA #1  
Steve Rogers is back as Captain America but when a mysterious figure from his past returns with the Sentinel of Liberty in his crosshairs, deadly secrets will surface—and send shockwaves through the lives of everyone Steve holds dear. An all-new, high octane Captain America series begins here, just in time for the First Avenger’s highly anticipated feature film from Marvel Studios.

CAPTAIN AMERICA #1 
 CAPTAIN AMERICA #1
 Written by ED BRUBAKER
Pencils & Cover by STEVE MCNIVEN
Cover by STEVE MCNIVEN
Variant Cover by OLIVIER COIPEL
Variant Cover by NEAL ADAMS
Variant Cover by TBA
Movie variant available
Blank cover also available
Rated T+ …$3.99
ON SALE IN JULY  

Entertainment is proud to announce Captain America #1, the first issue of an all new ongoing series premiering in July from two of the comic industry’s most acclaimed creators—writer Ed Brubaker (Death of Captain America) and artist Steve McNiven (Civil War)!  

Brubaker:   “I gave myself a few challenges for this new #1 - I wanted to do the perfect Cap comic for anyone who walks out of the Cap movie and wants to know what's next, but it also had to build on everything I've done on the book beforehand, too, and feel like the natural next step. 
Thank God Brevoort wrangled me Steve McNiven to pull all this off. Steve is at the top of his game, and no one draws action like him. I can't wait for these issues to start coming out.”      

McNiven:  “Captain America has been a character I've wanted to work on in more depth since Civil War, a real icon of the Marvel Universe. Not only do I get to run with Cap, but Ed Brubaker, a guy who has redefined the character at Marvel, is writing the books and he's come up with an absolutely brilliant storyline that I can't wait for folks to read.”       

CAPTAIN AMERICA #1
#1 Posted by DEGRAAF (7912 posts) - - Show Bio

Im not totally happy about this. I liked the idea of him moving on and i really thought they would eventually get Bucky out of his trouble and put him back in the position, i think the thing that bothers me is that he doesnt take on an updated version of his suit. He could still be captain america even with the suit he had as Steve Rogers head of Shield.
#2 Posted by fbdarkangel (4819 posts) - - Show Bio

That's all I have to say on the subject!
#3 Posted by Loki9876 (3039 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm happy i liked bucky as cap buti like steve rogers more like cap
Bucky as wintersoldier was cooler than cap but I think bucky wont change back

#4 Posted by Deranged Midget (17968 posts) - - Show Bio

Meh, I liked how they better modernized Steve with him becoming the "Top Cop". Bucky as Cap wasn't too bad. I'm also kind of sick of Steve's old outfit, yes its classic and iconic, but it lacks a serious tone that this generation is becoming accustomed to.

#5 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (8086 posts) - - Show Bio

Now didn't I say that I bet that Marvel will make Steve Captain America again before the movie hits?

Score one for me. =D

#6 Posted by ARMIV (3876 posts) - - Show Bio

Although I knew this was gonna happen, I am so glad to see Steve back in the ol' garb. 
Screw matching the times, Cap is back!

#7 Posted by jayskee (1503 posts) - - Show Bio

I like that steve is back as cap but wanted them to keep bucky
#8 Edited by HumanNumber (1453 posts) - - Show Bio

Eh, i like Steve Rodgers in whatever he does but i was really enjoying him as just himself.

#9 Posted by DMC (1551 posts) - - Show Bio
@Deranged Midget said:
" Meh, I liked how they better modernized Steve with him becoming the "Top Cop". Bucky as Cap wasn't too bad. I'm also kind of sick of Steve's old outfit, yes its classic and iconic, but it lacks a serious tone that this generation is becoming accustomed to. "
What is this "serious" tone you speak of?
I think at times it boils down to who's drawing it.  Personally I just think it needs a few tweaks. DC does it to Batman's costume all the time, I'm sure Marvel can do the same for Cap. But keep the chain mail.
#10 Posted by Deranged Midget (17968 posts) - - Show Bio
@DMC: What I meant by serious tone was not referring to costumes, it was to the arcs and all these character deaths lately. Its depressing.
#11 Posted by texasdeathmatch (13122 posts) - - Show Bio

booo

#12 Posted by Yumulu (757 posts) - - Show Bio

Huh Steve back into the costume in time for the movie ...   

#13 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29510 posts) - - Show Bio

I hate it, but I'll buy it anyway.

#14 Posted by PowerHerc (85335 posts) - - Show Bio

Good news!  Over due, but good news!!
#15 Posted by fbdarkangel (4819 posts) - - Show Bio
#16 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.