Follow

Captain America

Character » Captain America appears in 11752 issues.

During World War II, Steve Rogers volunteered to receive the experimental Super-Soldier Serum. Enhanced to the pinnacle of human physical potential and armed with an unbreakable shield, he became Captain America. After a failed mission left him encased in ice for decades, he was found and revived by the Avengers, later joining their ranks and eventually becoming the team's leader.

Steve Rogers is back!

Haloprogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Haloprogram

So news came out recently in association with Captain America's 75th anniversary that Steve Rogers will be returning to his young self and take up the mantle as Captain America! Don't fret Sam Wilson lovers (if there are any..) apparently there will be 2 active Caps at the same time with the same codename.. kinda like Hawkeye I guess. There's enough baddies for the both of them after all. Steve will remain leader for the Uncanny Avengers, receive a new shield (since Sam's keeping the old one), battle Hydra... again, and has a cool new outfit that really doesn't need the big "A" on the forehead but hey Steve's back.

No Caption Provided

Wow, forehead

So what do you guys think about Steve's extremely predictable return as Captain America?

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By FearTheLiving

It was inevitable in Uncanny he's essentially been Captain America so might as well. I'm glad it appears that rather than just putting Sam back as Falcon he's also staying Captain America.

With the multiple Hawkeyes, Spider-Men, and Wolverines (kind of) I don't really mind there being two Captain Americas.

Not sure about that costume or shield design though. The "A" aside because that's always been apart of his costume so not sure why you made a big deal of that.

darthdeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm glad sam Wilson is here to ruin his rep in the mean time

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
    Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

I think ill just re-read Brubakers run instead

modsbehating

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By modsbehating

sam wilson as cap is dope

and it sucks that the actually one good thing marvel has done is going to be undid pretty much no one is gonna care about sam when steve is back

how bout they just take gwen-pool out and we call it square

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

I'm not surprised Steve is back, upcoming Cap: Civil War movie aside the Captain America comic hasn't been selling well for a while now. And it's not just beacuse of Sam (although I'm not sure why they thought that would help) it started to die after Remender took over. So now I'm wondering what direction they will take the two books\characters. If they take Steve back to the Brubaker-esq political espionage and have Sam do all the superhero stuff then I'm all for it, otherwise they need to do something actual interesting to get these characters back on track.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By dernman

Sam should go back to being Falcon. Promote and make Falcon a name in his own right instead of living in a shadow. Especially just when Hawkeye was becoming interesting on his own. I hate this sharing codenames thing Marvel has been doing. It's lazy an unimaginative and it's clustering. It's also stupid when they go on and on about confusing new readers then pull something like that. Not that I care about confusing new readers.

Also lets be real. There really isn't two Hawkeyes because most people associate Kate by her real name. I also find Falcon having a physical shield to be dumb.

Thankfully the real Cap is back even if he has a crappy costume and generic shield.

Haloprogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@feartheliving: To be honest I'm not sure why it's bothering me all the sudden. I never had a problem with it or the scaly armor or anything that I know I shouldn't technically like about his suit before but I guess I've been without it in my life for a little while and when I see it now I can't help thinking how much better it'd look without the "A". I mean they're already blending 4 colors in the suit, which looks decent but the helmet bothers me a bit.

Immolation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wasn't it said months ago at the start of All New, All Diffrent Marvel that Steve would be returning and using a diffrent name?

kiba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why is Sam keeping the real shield? Or still using the name captain America? Of course I ask that about all the spidermen and hulks.

Haloprogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kiba: I think they said in an interview that it's because when Steve handed over the shield and the title to Sam he did believe Sam would make a fine Cap, and he doesn't regret that choice. I guess there are enough villains for the 2 of them.

+ the new shield Steve is using is said to be more "offensive" than the previous.

Skelly-Ghoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

This shield splits in half... And can be used as a blade. This doesn't look bad.

Haloprogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This shield splits in half... And can be used as a blade. This doesn't look bad.

agreed, I'm really intrigued.

Skelly-Ghoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@skelly-ghoul said:

agreed, I'm really intrigued.

Yeah. His fighting style is actually getting modification. Its been the same since his conception... About time he gets some change. I just wonder if there is any racist tension going on inside the MU due to there being a black and white Captain America.

Haloprogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@skelly-ghoul: I haven't seen anything like that YET but I have heard a lot of people thinking it's unnecessary having Sam be Cap whilst Steve is active/vice-versa and that it's stupid they share the codename, which to some extent I agree on but I wouldn't want Sam to just head back and be Falcon again either like nothing happened. Maybe Sam could be.. LIEUTENANT AMERICA! so stupid hah.

Paracelsus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

At the risk of being cynical maybe the idea of a black Captain America is just TOO much for some fans to get used to!(even in a world where the US President is a black man in reality!).

Shouldn't an old warhorse like Steve Rogers be put out to pasture?- he's done more than most Americans- even Presidents!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.