Steve Rogers

#1 Posted by Queen Kong (1603 posts) - - Show Bio

Is Marvel going to let him die or what?

#2 Posted by Vance Astro (91196 posts) - - Show Bio

Obviously not...I was at the comic shop today..I didn't buy the New Cap...I just skimmed through it.I saw Steve in it...I saw the previews for Cap #39...Read Secret Invasion up to date and Avengers...and Guardians of the Galaxy.As much as I like Steve this is starting to irritate me like how Marvel wants to keep shoving Wolverine in our faces because he's popular.

#3 Posted by Queen Kong (1603 posts) - - Show Bio

So how many Cap's is the like 5? lol.

#4 Posted by Ptero (184 posts) - - Show Bio

Nobody ever dies in comic books. Ever.

#5 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

Ptero says:

"Nobody ever dies in comic books. Ever."

what are you talking about? important characters stay dead

How about Jason Todd, Bucky Barnes, Hal Jordan, Barry Allen, Kara Zor-el.......ok never mind :P

#6 Posted by Vance Astro (91196 posts) - - Show Bio

Ptero says:

Not true.

#7 Posted by Vance Astro (91196 posts) - - Show Bio

Nighthunter says:

"Ptero says:
what are you talking about? important characters stay dead How about Jason Todd, Bucky Barnes, Hal Jordan, Barry Allen, Kara Zor-el.......ok never mind :P"

Bucky never died...

#8 Posted by G-Man (32599 posts) - - Show Bio

It's not Steve in this week's Captain America.

Staff
#9 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

Vance Astro says:

"Nighthunter says:
"Ptero says:
what are you talking about? important characters stay dead How about Jason Todd, Bucky Barnes, Hal Jordan, Barry Allen, Kara Zor-el.......ok never mind :P"

Bucky never died..."

yeah, but until a few years ago people thought he had and there was attempt to bring him back

#10 Posted by Vance Astro (91196 posts) - - Show Bio

Nighthunter says:

"Vance Astro says:
"Nighthunter says:
"Ptero says:
Bucky never died..."
yeah, but until a few years ago people thought he had and there was attempt to bring him back"

It's not different than when Cap was found...

#11 Posted by Vance Astro (91196 posts) - - Show Bio

G-Man says:

"It's not Steve in this week's Captain America."

I wouldn't know because I didn't actually pick the comic up and read...but there was someone in his uniform who looks exactly like him.Whether it is a clone of something else...it's the same idea.I was certain it wasn't really Steve though.

#12 Posted by G-Man (32599 posts) - - Show Bio

Vance Astro says:

"G-Man says:

I wouldn't know because I didn't actually pick the comic up and read...but there was someone in his uniform who looks exactly like him.Whether it is a clone of something else...it's the same idea.I was certain it wasn't really Steve though."

It's this dude: http://www.comicvine.com/grand-director/14492/

So there is some history. He's gonna be pissed at Bucky for killing Nomad. Nomad was the "Bucky" in the 50s when this dude was the Captain America (in the 50s). Faustus is working on brainwashing him into thinking he's the real Cap.

Staff
#13 Posted by Ebony Bishop (767 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, I thought, based on last issue, they were doing a clone angle, but this is actually intriguing -- making the replacement Cap think he's Steve Rogers is a great way to cheat the return of Cap without actually doing it yet.

#14 Posted by Vance Astro (91196 posts) - - Show Bio

G-Man says:

"Vance Astro says:
"G-Man says:
I wouldn't know because I didn't actually pick the comic up and read...but there was someone in his uniform who looks exactly like him.Whether it is a clone of something else...it's the same idea.I was certain it wasn't really Steve though."
#Spoilers# It's this dude: http://www.comicvine.com/grand-director/14492/ So there is some history. He's gonna be pissed at Bucky for killing Nomad. Nomad was the "Bucky" in the 50s when this dude was the Captain America (in the 50s). Faustus is working on brainwashing him into thinking he's the real Cap."

I hope Bucky kills this guy.Brings him back to life and then kills him again.Scarlet Witch style lol.

#15 Posted by G-Man (32599 posts) - - Show Bio

So technically he is "Steve Rogers" since his name was legally changed and I suppose you can say that Marvel did bring back Steve Rogers since it was thought that this dude was dead...

Brubaker's pretty sneaky...

Staff
#16 Posted by Vance Astro (91196 posts) - - Show Bio

G-Man says:

"So technically he is "Steve Rogers" since his name was legally changed and I suppose you can say that Marvel did bring back Steve Rogers since it was thought that this dude was dead... Brubaker's pretty sneaky..."

I love Brubaker's work.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.