Follow

Captain America

Character » Captain America appears in 11747 issues.

During World War II, Steve Rogers volunteered to receive the experimental Super-Soldier Serum. Enhanced to the pinnacle of human physical potential and armed with an unbreakable shield, he became Captain America. After a failed mission left him encased in ice for decades, he was found and revived by the Avengers, later joining their ranks and eventually becoming the team's leader.

Spoilers Alert! Captain America # 34

Gottheit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Gottheit

I'm happy it's not US Agent. We can't have the Sentinel of Liberty cursing and sh*t...

InvestComics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By InvestComics

Just learned what EVERYONE already knew for a fact. Winter Solider (Bucky) IS the NEW Captain America. LCS here in Florida has confirmed by getting an advanced copy.

Make us proud Bucky. Don't let Steve's dream die in vain.

InvestComics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By InvestComics

Even though I still was waiting for that "holy sh*t!" moment, the storytelling is holding up. I was really hoping to have American Eagle step in.....oh well!

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By gmanfromheck

I thought it was pretty clear at the end of issue #33.

Gottheit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Gottheit

I thought it was pretty clear in Iron Man, where Winter Soldier beats the crud out of Tony Stark, Tony reveals that he could have killed or neutralized WS any time during the fight, Tony shows WS a letter that Rogers wrote before he died, and it pretty much heavily foreshadowing that Winter Soldier was going to be the new Cap.

BTW, anyone know where I can read the letter, like, in itself? did the comic writers actually write a letter, or is this going to drive me crazy FOREVER?

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By Nighthunter

G-Man says:

"I thought it was pretty clear at the end of issue #33."

lol yes it was

speedlgt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By speedlgt

Do you all think this comic will sell out today? I read that issue where WS took out stark and I thought it rocked! but I dont like the part where stark is like oh I could have killed you at anytime. thats really weak IMO in story telling you have a good fight and a guy who clear wins only to take it all away and say oh I could have beat you anytime. WEAK

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.