Follow

Captain America

Character » Captain America appears in 11750 issues.

During World War II, Steve Rogers volunteered to receive the experimental Super-Soldier Serum. Enhanced to the pinnacle of human physical potential and armed with an unbreakable shield, he became Captain America. After a failed mission left him encased in ice for decades, he was found and revived by the Avengers, later joining their ranks and eventually becoming the team's leader.

So how is Ult. Cap a huge jerk?

Avatar image for herokiller12344
    Herokiller12344

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

I've never really been into Ultimate, but I know for certain that U!Cap is seen as the biggest d!ck south of Canada.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
    deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

What do you have against Canada?

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Yes compare to the 616U Captain America the UM Cap is a jerk.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

He is a horrible character all around.

Laughingstock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Laughingstock

Ult Cap: Oh hey Spidey, how's business going?

Spider-Man: Oh well the other day I stopped 4 bank robberies and saved the city, then I defeated the Green Goblin after he-

Ult Cap: Yeah,yeah whatever bro, I got a plane to catch, see you later Spider-Sh!t.

Spider-Man- The hell you just say?

Ult Cap: You heard me skin and bones,*violently flexes muscles*

Avatar image for thecheesestabber
    TheCheeseStabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

I've never really been into Ultimate, but I know for certain that U!Cap is seen as the biggest d!ck south of Canada.

No Caption Provided

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

@herokiller12344: The Ultimate U loves to turn characters into sociopaths. I believe Ultimate Peter Parker is one of like 5 characters in the whole place that aren't almost just as bad as their villains.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thecheesestabber:

Thanks for reminding me that Ultimate Captain America is crazy too :)

TheCheeseStabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for emequious_swerve
    Emequious_Swerve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well for one thing, after Hank beats his wife, Janet Van Dyne. He just beats the crap out of Hank. You know, because in Ult. Caps mind, violence solves everything.

In all fairness, pretty much every character in the Ultimate U was kind of a shady di*k bag.

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By HumanRocket

@thecheesestabber: I just spend months erasing that quote from my head. Back to square one for me.

Manchine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@herokiller12344 said:

@humanrocket said:

@wolverine08 said:

No Caption Provided

One of the best quotes in comic book history. =)

TheCheeseStabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm pretty sure @cadencev2 would love the Ultimate Cap pics in this thread :)

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Wolverine008
    HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 the_stegman  Moderator

@herokiller12344: The Ultimate U loves to turn characters into sociopaths. I believe Ultimate Peter Parker is one of like 5 characters in the whole place that aren't almost just as bad as their villains.

This. Everyone in the Ultimate U are sociopathic, murderous, cannibals or just generally unpleasant people.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshmightbe said:

This. Everyone in the Ultimate U are sociopathic, murderous, cannibals or just generally unpleasant people.

Jeez, don't know why Jeph Loeb and co thought that made for interesting storytelling.......

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

@the_stegman said:

@joshmightbe said:

Jeez, don't know why Jeph Loeb and co thought that made for interesting storytelling.......

I can't get over how much of a pervert they turned Logan into, dude tried to bang a 16 year old Mary Jane (granted he was in Peter's body..but still!)

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Wolverine008

@wolverine08 said:

@the_stegman said:

@joshmightbe said:

I can't get over how much of a pervert they turned Logan into, dude tried to bang a 16 year old Mary Jane (granted he was in Peter's body..but still!)

That made me hate Ultimate Logan (616 all day). Ultimatum and Ultimates went overboard with the gratuitous edginess with Scarlet Witch and Quick Silver committing incest, Iron Man and Black Widow releasing a public sex tape, Pyro gleefully raping a girl, Wasp flashing Hulk her boobs to please him, etc.

Gosh, the Ultimate Universe has gone to sh%t.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 the_stegman  Moderator

@the_stegman said:

@wolverine08 said:

@the_stegman said:

@joshmightbe said:

That made me hate Ultimate Logan (616 all day). Ultimatum and Ultimates went overboard with the gratuitous edginess with Scarlet Witch and Quick Silver committing incest, Iron Man and Black Widow releasing a public sex tape, Pyro gleefully raping a girl, Wasp flashing Hulk her boobs to please him, etc.

Don't forget them having Thing crush Doom's skull, Hank Pym biting Blob's head off and Cyclops straight up executing Magneto.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@the_stegman said:

@wolverine08 said:

@the_stegman said:

@joshmightbe said:

It really needs to reboot or something.....

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_stegman:

I think it is more realistic, its a ugly world. America as a whole watches Walking Dead, and praise it every season as a country. Breaks new records every time it is on. Yet what is in it? Murderous, backstabbing, raping, disturbing people. Ultimate Verse IMO is a more realistic reflection most of the time of the crappy side of the world we live in.

That said, it all went down hill thanks to Ultimatum. It started to climb back from that spiral afterword, but the damage was done. Blob eating Wasp was pretty lame when Blob never showed Cannibal tendency before. They killed over half the cast of the Ultimateverse.

In short, **** Loeb and his horrible work.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_stegman:

@wolverine08 said:

I think it is more realistic, its a ugly world. America as a whole watches Walking Dead, and praise it every season as a country. Breaks new records every time it is on. Yet what is in it? Murderous, backstabbing, raping, disturbing people. Ultimate Verse IMO is a more realistic reflection most of the time of the crappy side of the world we live in.

That said, it all went down hill thanks to Ultimatum. It started to climb back from that spiral afterword, but the damage was done. Blob eating Wasp was pretty lame when Blob never showed Cannibal tendency before. They killed over half the cast of the Ultimateverse.

In short, **** Loeb and his horrible work.

The Walking Dead TV show and comic is more of a survivalist show that incorporates aspects of the zombie genre like murder, gore, etc. in a classy way in my opinion. When the Ultimate Universe started going overboard with the cannibalism, incest, sex tapes, etc. it felt less like an introspective look into the ills of society and more like a "jus cause" competition between kids about who can writer grittier stuff.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By danhimself

@wolverine08 said:

@the_stegman said:

@wolverine08 said:

@the_stegman said:

@joshmightbe said:

It really needs to reboot or something.....

you're all talking about stuff that happened over 4 years ago...have any of you read anything from the UU since Ultimatum?

a lot of that stuff was from Ultimates 2 and that and Ultimates 1 were some of the best UU stories told....just because something is different from the 616 doesn't make it bad

1. they never specifically say that the Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver were doing anything incestuous...sure it's heavily implied but nothing other than that

2. Iron Man and Black Widow didn't release the sex tape...Ultron did..and that's from Ultimates 3 which was written by Loeb which has all but been completely ignored by writers since then

3. again...Loeb

4. she didn't do it to please him...she did it to distract him and get his attention...what else was Wasp supposed to do against the Hulk

rebooting is never the answer...just because one bad writer gets a hold of a book doesn't mean that it needs to be rebooted....reboots are the worst thing that ever happened to comics...if a writer can't come along and work around a previous writer's mistakes then they're no better than the previous writer...Loeb was a dark stain on the UU and every writer since has completely ignored everything he wrote

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#28  Edited By PeppeyHare

@wolverine08: At least Ultimate Spider-Man is still good lol

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Walking Dead TV show and comic is more of a survivalist show that incorporates aspects of the zombie genre like murder, gore, etc. in a classy way in my opinion. When the Ultimate Universe started going overboard with the cannibalism, incest, sex tapes, etc. it felt less like an introspective look into the ills of society and more like a "jus cause" competition between kids about who can writer grittier stuff.

Yes, but to be fair, the recent Ultimate stuff is not that bad, and the Ultimate spider Man/Fantastic Four stuff was very PG rated.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danhimself:

1. they never specifically say that the Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver were doing anything incestuous...sure it's heavily implied but nothing other than that

Heavily implying the incest doesn't make it much better.

2. Iron Man and Black Widow didn't release the sex tape...Ultron did..and that's from Ultimates 3 which was written by Loeb which has all but been completely ignored by writers since then

Shouldn't have even been in the story.

3. again...Loeb

Yup.

4. she didn't do it to please him...she did it to distract him and get his attention...what else was Wasp supposed to do against the Hulk

Distract him by pleasing his sexual desires. Was that really the only thing Wasp could have done? Was that the only solution.

I don't think that the Ultimate U should reboot either, I was just noting that they are in a bit of a mess right now.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08 said:

Yes, but to be fair, the recent Ultimate stuff is not that bad, and the Ultimate spider Man/Fantastic Four stuff was very PG rated.

The Ultimate Spider-Man line is still awesome. Miles is a pretty kick ass Spider-Man.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danhimself:

Heavily implying the incest doesn't make it much better.

Shouldn't have even been in the story.

3. again...Loeb

Yup.

Distract him by pleasing his sexual desires. Was that really the only thing Wasp could have done? Was that the only solution.

I don't think that the Ultimate U should reboot either, I was just noting that they are in a bit of a mess right now.

Loeb had no idea what the UU was about...he's one of those people who thinks that the UU is supposed to be a more "realistic, gritty" look at Marvel characters but that's never what it was supposed to be...it's original goal was to create a place free of continuity where Marvel could put new and upcoming writers and they could write stories free of the continuity of the 616 and to show what the Marvel Universe might look like if it were started in modern times

as for why Wasp flashed the Hulk....you can say that there were plenty of other ways to get his attention and that may be true but this was the Ultimates' very first time in the field...Captain America was the only one there with any experience that we know of for sure, Iron Man had been operating for some unspecified amount of time but we know that he had never faced anything like the Hulk, Hank and Jan were scientists up until then with absolutely no field work at all

you say "right now" and yet almost every site has been doing nothing but giving positive reviews for all of the UU books for the past year or so...Ultimate Spider-man has never once dipped in quality...it's still just as good as when it started....Wood's Ultimate X-men has been getting stellar reviews...Fialkov's Ultimates has been excellent and the Cataclysm issues have all been getting positive reviews across the board

you can judge 13 years worth of books based off of ten issues written by a bad writer 4 years ago

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danhimself:

you can judge 13 years worth of books based off of ten issues written by a bad writer 4 years ago

I haven't done so throughout this thread. Did I ever say "The Ultimate Universe has always been crap due to Loeb!"? For goodness sakes, something like that isn't even ever insinuated in any of my posts.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Veshark

Ultimate Captain America is a great character; a bit of a jerk at times sure, but ultimately a good-hearted hero and patriotic soldier. You're all either a) insane or b) more likely, have never read an Ultimate Cap comic in your life but drew that conclusion from word-of-mouth or out-of-context panels.

I got a thousand refutations right here, but frankly I'm quite sick and tired of defending the Ultimate U's merits every few months.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danhimself:

I haven't done so throughout this thread. Did I ever say "The Ultimate Universe has always been crap due to Loeb!"? For goodness sakes, something like that isn't even ever insinuated in any of my posts.

fine but you do say that it's "a bit of mess right now"...what's messy about it?

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08 said:

@danhimself:

fine but you do say that it's "a bit of mess right now"...what's messy about it?

I do feel that there have been some pointless deaths here and there, and with the Ultimate Universe's unspoken stay dead rule, I have lost some of my favorites, but the universe is still going generally strong in story quality like you noted in your previous posts.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danhimself said:

@wolverine08 said:

@danhimself:

I do feel that there have been some pointless deaths here and there, and with the Ultimate Universe's unspoken stay dead rule, I have lost some of my favorites, but the universe is still going generally strong in story quality like you noted in your previous posts.

and I guarantee that those pointless deaths were all written by Loeb

I will say that I understand the point of Ultimatum...I think what they were trying to do was to make it drastically different from the 616 by getting rid of the characters who were too indistinguishable from their 616 counterparts...it just sucks that it was done by Loeb and that he did it in such a tasteless and shocking way instead of giving the characters meaningful deaths like how Bendis did with Peter Parker

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Wolverine008

@wolverine08 said:

@danhimself said:

@wolverine08 said:

@danhimself:

and I guarantee that those pointless deaths were all written by Loeb

I will say that I understand the point of Ultimatum...I think what they were trying to do was to make it drastically different from the 616 by getting rid of the characters who were too indistinguishable from their 616 counterparts...it just sucks that it was done by Loeb and that he did it in such a tasteless and shocking way instead of giving the characters meaningful deaths like how Bendis did with Peter Parker

That is honestly one of the top 5 comic book deaths I have ever read. It had so much weight and finality to it. Tugged at your heart strongs.

Avatar image for herokiller12344
    Herokiller12344

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squares said:

Loading Video...

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
    deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

@squares said:

Loading Video...

And what has influenced or caused this obviously well thought-out opinion?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.