Side Effects of the Super Soldier Serum?

Posted by JonesDeini (3616 posts) - - Show Bio
Pretty sure screwing with DNA would have some consequences.  
Sean Baby brings up a good point about the possible side effects of the serum in this hilarious article. 
#1 Posted by cattlebattle (12273 posts) - - Show Bio

I read that article, lol, Seanbabys awesome!

Since it is a steroid I'd imagine you would have endless "roid rage"

#2 Posted by King Quisling (1980 posts) - - Show Bio

It intensifies that which is the subjects essence. I imagine most people to undergo the process would turn out like the prototype super-soldiers from Captain America: Truth.

#3 Posted by PatVB (52 posts) - - Show Bio

Man I could not stop laughing through that entire article. I wish he would write more stuff, because he is far and away the funniest person on Cracked's staff.

#4 Posted by JonesDeini (3616 posts) - - Show Bio
@pat4327 said:

Man I could not stop laughing through that entire article. I wish he would write more stuff, because he is far and away the funniest person on Cracked's staff.

Word, I was dying laughing as I read this, especially the date. 
#5 Posted by Pepsiguy2 (17 posts) - - Show Bio

LMAO That article is epic. Did anyone else like the idea they did in X-Men Evolution, that the serum made his celluar structure break-down? I really thought that was emotional for Wolverine.

#6 Posted by JonesDeini (3616 posts) - - Show Bio
@Pepsiguy2 said:
 LMAO That article is epic. Did anyone else like the idea they did in X-Men Evolution, that the serum made his celluar structure break-down? I really thought that was emotional for Wolverine.
I remember something similar like that being the case in that terrible movie that was made in like the 70s? That's how Captain America's Father Steve died if I recall correctly. 
#7 Edited by Alexander_Sparrow (399 posts) - - Show Bio
@JonesDeini: w00t to you for finding this article!
This has got to be the funniest shit i've seen outside of college humor relating to super heroes
#8 Posted by JonesDeini (3616 posts) - - Show Bio
@Alexander_Sparrow said:
@JonesDeini: w00t to you for finding this article!This has got to be the funniest shit i've seen outside of college humor relating to super heroes
Word this is my new bad day medicine man. Sean Baby needs to do many, many more of these. 
#9 Posted by PowerHerc (78172 posts) - - Show Bio

Side effects, huh?

#10 Posted by joshmightbe (24097 posts) - - Show Bio

Cap can't get drunk and I'm willing to bet he has trouble sleeping considering the serum makes it harder for him to actually get tired 

#11 Posted by JonesDeini (3616 posts) - - Show Bio
@joshmightbe said:
Cap can't get drunk and I'm willing to bet he has trouble sleeping considering the serum makes it harder for him to actually get tired 
Can you imagine the Cap in this comic operating with no need for sleep?!
#12 Posted by joshmightbe (24097 posts) - - Show Bio
@JonesDeini: He'd go insane because the human brain requires sleep for more than just physical tiredness you need that REM sleep to prevent you from going crazy
#13 Posted by JonesDeini (3616 posts) - - Show Bio
@joshmightbe said:
@JonesDeini: He'd go insane because the human brain requires sleep for more than just physical tiredness you need that REM sleep to prevent you from going crazy
But Cap's already crazy. 
#14 Posted by joshmightbe (24097 posts) - - Show Bio
@JonesDeini: No he's not 
#15 Posted by JonesDeini (3616 posts) - - Show Bio
@joshmightbe:  
No, clearly he is. Highly insane, unstable and dangerous. Read the article. 
#16 Posted by joshmightbe (24097 posts) - - Show Bio
@JonesDeini: OK that cap needs to be locked up but real Cap isn't crazy
#17 Posted by Paracelsus (1299 posts) - - Show Bio

Personally I'm more concerned about the fact that a variant of the Super Soldier Serum was tested on several hundred African American soldiers with horrendous results( shades of the Tuskegee experiments and other inhumane/unethical medico scientific practises involving people of colour!) before Steve Rogers(who of course is white) took the finished by product- although in Cap's defence he didn't know about this at the time( see "Red, White And Black" trade paperback)!

Terry

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.