Follow

Captain America

Character » Captain America appears in 11750 issues.

During World War II, Steve Rogers volunteered to receive the experimental Super-Soldier Serum. Enhanced to the pinnacle of human physical potential and armed with an unbreakable shield, he became Captain America. After a failed mission left him encased in ice for decades, he was found and revived by the Avengers, later joining their ranks and eventually becoming the team's leader.

Rumor Time! Robert Buckley as Captain America

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff

I'm always shirtless!
     I'm always shirtless!
    Let the rumor begin!
    Can Robert Buckley pull off playing the All-American icon, Captain America? That's what the intrawebbers think. According to iesb.net, Robert Buckley, currently known for his character on the CW show, One Tree Hill, may be putting on the red, white, and blue costume for the 2011 Captain America film:

He definitely fits the profile of what Johnston [Joe Johnston, director of the film] publicly acknowledged he was looking for – young, unknown, and looks the part.

Even though, this is a rumor, which may not be wrong information, This guy looks the part. Blonde hair, muscular. He has that all-American look that Steve Rogers had. Can he act though? As important as the look is, acting ability should be on the "what do we look for" casting list. Mr. Buckley seems a little more like eye-candy if you type his name into google images. He always seems to be shirtless.

Ever seen his episodes of One Tree Hill? Do you think this guy can play the part? More importantly: Crazy rumor or plausible?

~ Mat Elfring (InferiorEgo) is a comedian, teacher, comic store employee, comic book writer, and shirtless... at work ~   
    AngelFrost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By AngelFrost
    OMGG, YESS!
    I'm all for this!  Why the hell didn't I think of this casting choice before? Robert is amazing. (: great body, good looks, good acting.
    waruikumo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By waruikumo

TOOOOOOO OOOOOLLDDDDD

Fleonix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#3  Edited By Fleonix

I don't watch One Tree Hill, so you can go ahead and check the Unknown part off. First time I ever hear of this guy. 
    Fits the Captain America Look. Check. 
    I think is a rumor..... but i give my vote to this Unknown guy.
    inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By inferiorego  Staff

I'm calling plausible. He's pretty much an unknown and has the look. I'm just not sure about the acting chops.

AngelFrost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By AngelFrost
    @inferiorego:  I have not seen him in One Tree Hill but I have seen him in Lipstick Jungle another show he was on & he has good acting. (:  nothing too special, but it was good to see him.
    Kurrent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Kurrent
    @waruikumo said:
    " TOOOOOOO OOOOOLLDDDDD "
    The guy is 28 I just IMDBed him....LOL
    inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By inferiorego  Staff
    @AngelFrost: It's nice to see new actors, even if this isn't true, getting a chance once in a while.
    Dreamstate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By Dreamstate

I'm still sticking with Ryan McPartlin aka Captain Awesome from Chuck. He's got the look, the build & he can act. 

No Caption Provided

Caliber268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#9  Edited By Caliber268

I vote NOOOOO!!   I don't want a guy that we're not sure of if he can act, I want to see a guy I KNOW can act.  Ryan McPartlin is perfect for the part, looks the part and CAN act.  Google him, he's perfect!!

Caliber268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Caliber268
    @Dreamstate: YESSSS!  I couldn't agree more, I'm so glad to see someone who wants Awesome as Cap
    AngelFrost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By AngelFrost

My Robert Buckley Collage. :3
     My Robert Buckley Collage. :3
    HaHaManHV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 133

#12  Edited By HaHaManHV

I saw no. I mean, the man is simply not Cap, and you can tell from looking at him. He looks way too dull for this, and I would have to throw in a vote for Ryan McPartlin as well, or Sam Worthington (Although having an Australian Cap just feels wrong) 
    End of the day, they need to cast somebody with little recognition so that he'll have the best chance of staying true to the character

starz007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By starz007

Needs more Ryan McPartlin!

Avatar image for theblaquebasterd
    THEBlaqueBasterd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By THEBlaqueBasterd
    @Dreamstate:  If he can survive the 300 workout plan..he could do it.. looks wise anyway.. but i'd still like to see #1 draftpick G Hedlund in Avengers..if not as Cap..then as Sentry
    lostlantern13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 162

#15  Edited By lostlantern13

I say this is....PLAUSIBLE. Will it happen? Who knows. However, it's more likely than Will Smith, haha. 

Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 6

#16  Edited By Decept-O

Don't know about his acting but yeah, I could see it.  You've got a point which I've been saying like so many others, give these roles to relative unkowns.  This is the first actor I've seen mentioned I think at least looks the part.  Can't wait to see Cap on the screen whomever they choose to play ol' wing-head!
    Dreamstate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Dreamstate
    @THEBlaqueBasterd: he's a board certified personal trainer so I'm sure he could.
    Avatar image for marshal_victory
    Marshal Victory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Marshal Victory
    @Dreamstate said:
    "I'm still sticking with Ryan McPartlin aka Captain Awesome from Chuck. He's got the look, the build & he can act. 

"

I fourth this nomination.Rumor is well hear something this week.Comic Book Movie has been pretty good on covering cap news an rumors. With this one clue http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/joshw24/news/?a=15032 it makes sence in a way.
    Moomin123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 3

#19  Edited By Moomin123

I keep saying this, but Cap needs to be around Robert Downey Jr.'s age, because that way, his friendship with Cap can make more sense.
    inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By inferiorego  Staff
    @Marshal Victory said:
    " @Dreamstate said:
    "I'm still sticking with Ryan McPartlin aka Captain Awesome from Chuck. He's got the look, the build & he can act. 

No Caption Provided

"

I fourth this nomination.Rumor is well hear something this week.Comic Book Movie has been pretty good on covering cap news an rumors. With this one clue http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/joshw24/news/?a=15032 it makes sence in a way. "
    That's the source for all the rumors... The article I got it from, sites it from there
    BaronVonDredd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By BaronVonDredd

I'm scared.
    Blazed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Blazed

i dunno. you got a relative uuknown to play thor, and you got superstar Robert Downey JR as Tony Stark, and who knows about eddie norton as hulk. I kinda feel they need some star power added to the avengers. As far as acting goes, I never watched One Tree Hill, but i cant imagine that it requires a lot of depth, say like American history X or the soloist. The guy is ripped though.

Dreamstate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Dreamstate

The director has said that they want to cast an American unknown for Captain America.

HaloKing343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 91

#24  Edited By HaloKing343
    @Dreamstate said:
    "The director has said that they want to cast an American unknown for Captain America. "
    IGMATIK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By IGMATIK

WHO THE HELL IS THIS GUY?
    AngelFrost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By AngelFrost
    @Blazed said:
    " i dunno. you got a relative uuknown to play thor, and you got superstar Robert Downey JR as Tony Stark, and who knows about eddie norton as hulk. I kinda feel they need some star power added to the avengers. As far as acting goes, I never watched One Tree Hill, but i cant imagine that it requires a lot of depth, say like American history X or the soloist. The guy is ripped though. "
    I barely knew RDJ when he was cast as Iron Man, I just recognised him as that guy from Gothika, lol.
    King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By King_Saturn
    he has the look... 
    fACEmelter88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 5

#28  Edited By fACEmelter88

SCOTT SPEEDMAN FOR CAP'N AMURICA!! he is the guy from Underworld and Underworld Evolution but also zack morris (from Saved by the Bell) himself Micheal Paul Goslinger (not sure about the spelling)

Scissorhands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Scissorhands

Dude definitely seems to have the physicality of Cap, but I'm still rooting for Justin McPartlin.

ComicCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#30  Edited By ComicCrazy

I dont know about this .
    Avatar image for freddy_mercurial
    Freddy.Mercurial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Freddy.Mercurial

i don't hate it, but he's a bit too...  how can i say...  hmmmmm...  sensitive, for Cap.  He's got the humility part done pact...  I don't know about the ass-kicking part tho...  that being said, they could DEF do worse...  atleast he's not a midget! 

THEBlaqueBasterd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By THEBlaqueBasterd
    @Moomin123: No way dude..think about it that'd totally nix the whole origin theme ther goin for..besides what we forget is even tho Cap LOOKS like a strapping blue eyed Ubermensch he's chronologically no-more than 26-28 yrs old at the most (he tried enlisting at 17) the reason he sounds and is written so old is 1. he has a deep voice (lol) 2.he's (obviously) mature beyond his years &3. he's ummm.. old fashioned..lol but he's not an OLD-old guy, just from a different era with a different set of values, at 16 and bein poor your considered a man and most likely already looked at as a breadwinner so that would make sense. If they can find a young(ish) guy who can project that kind of solid universal maturity.. I think it'd work.
    AngelFrost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By AngelFrost

Ooooo, did anyone watch E! News???
    They had an interview with Robert Buckley, he didn't say directly that they he was in the mix to play Captain America ... but he says: 

"I'm definately trying to get my hat in the ring. But I would do it, yeah, I'd wear the whole spanx suit and all"

MikeIsrael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By MikeIsrael

Here is a Captain America music video
     http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DQmmW0q2ow
     http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Gjp13_LRCw
     http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5K4LN3lwq0
    watch them if you like cap 

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#35  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy
    @fACEmelter88 said:
    " SCOTT SPEEDMAN FOR CAP'N AMURICA!! he is the guy from Underworld and Underworld Evolution but also zack morris (from Saved by the Bell) himself Micheal Paul Goslinger (not sure about the spelling) "
    zack morris from saved by the bell? no way, man.. noooooo waaaayyyyyyy.....
    Gothic Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 16

#36  Edited By Gothic Storm
    @waruikumo said:
    " TOOOOOOO OOOOOLLDDDDD "
    Hmmm... Didn't the critics (and fans!) say the same thing about Robert Downey Jr.?

I like this choice. It's much better than some of the other rumors we've been reading about!
    Gothic Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Gothic Storm
    @AngelFrost said:
    " @Blazed said:
    " i dunno. you got a relative uuknown to play thor, and you got superstar Robert Downey JR as Tony Stark, and who knows about eddie norton as hulk. I kinda feel they need some star power added to the avengers. As far as acting goes, I never watched One Tree Hill, but i cant imagine that it requires a lot of depth, say like American history X or the soloist. The guy is ripped though. "
    I barely knew RDJ when he was cast as Iron Man, I just recognised him as that guy from Gothika, lol. "
    Wow... You "just recognized him" from another movie? Meh, I guess he hasn't been around much in the last decade due to all the personal problems he's had to deal with. I know the older audience knows RDJ quite well. Then again when Jack played the Joker, my friends and I were saying, "Hey, it's that crazy dad from The Shining! Cool!"
    THEBlaqueBasterd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By THEBlaqueBasterd
    @Dreamstate: Sick man.. well I that should give him a shoe in.. aslong as he can pull of serious.. or "earnest" he could be the guy
    AngelFrost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By AngelFrost
    @Gothic Storm said:
    " @AngelFrost said:
    " @Blazed said:
    I barely knew RDJ when he was cast as Iron Man, I just recognised him as that guy from Gothika, lol. "
    Wow... You "just recognized him" from another movie? Meh, I guess he hasn't been around much in the last decade due to all the personal problems he's had to deal with. I know the older audience knows RDJ quite well. Then again when Jack played the Joker, my friends and I were saying, "Hey, it's that crazy dad from The Shining! Cool!" "
    Yeah, I did. People were all like "Oh my god, Robert Downey Jr is playing Iron Man"  and I was just so confused as to who he was. I only realised it was the guy from Gothika when I saw the movie.  Jack Nicholson is a legend. (: he was in one of my fave movies ... Witches of Eastwick  ^_^
    Gothic Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Gothic Storm
    @AngelFrost: Yeah, I actually didn't see Witches of Eastwick until after the original Batman. My favorite movie of his, next to Batman, would have to be One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest. I think Marvel should find a Cap who isn't all over the tabloids or has been in tons of movies. A lot of times unknowns can come out of nowhere and shock the audience. Of course when I say unknowns, I mean actors who have only been in a few TV roles or maybe a couple of small movie rolls. Either way, this movie will be incredible... I hope!
    Ben2021

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Ben2021
    @Dreamstate: he definitely looks the part 
    AngelFrost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By AngelFrost
    @Gothic Storm: I love Witches of Eastwick  ^_^   but I haven't seen that movie your talking about. :/  I loved Jack in Batman though.   I get confused when people say 'unknowns' because some of the actors I like and am a huge fan of, are 'unknowns' to some people and vice versa.
    Gothic Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Gothic Storm
    @AngelFrost: I consider unknowns as TV actors who have only been in small roles for a short time... under a year. I guess for me an example would be the actors in Heroes after the first season. They were still unknowns for the most part even though 'the cheerleader' had been in other TV shows such as Law and Order: SVU and Nathan and Peter's mother had been in a few made for TV movies. Now, Zachary Quinto (Gabriel Gray) for instance is definitely NOT an unknown. For me, he wasn't an unknown before Star Trek because of his run with Heroes. I guess for most people though if they don't watch a certain TV show and then see an actor in a big role, he or she is considered an unknown to them... no matter how long they've been on the show.
    AngelFrost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By AngelFrost
    @Gothic Storm:  Yeah, Zachary Quinto is a household name now, but when you think about it,  apart from Heroes and Star Trek, he hasn't done much, well known things. An 'unknown' actor is just a subjective term.
    Gothic Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Gothic Storm
    @AngelFrost: Haha I typed his character's name and not his actual name... sheesh, it's definitely Friday! 

Wouldn't it be ironic if Buckley's last name was..well... Buckey? Alright... sorry, bad joke. :P
    AngelFrost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By AngelFrost
    @Gothic Storm:  Haha, :P I wondered that when you said Gabriel Gray next your going to think that Zachary Quinto actually eats brains.

Lol, Yeah. :P Since Roberts not in the running for Cap anymore, maybe he could play Bucky.
    pentagram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By pentagram

ive seen him on one tree hill & hes a good actor but i dont think hes right for the role.

Avatar image for unbreakableburr
    unbreakableburr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By unbreakableburr

No. I swear to GOSH if Jensen Ackles isn't cast as Cap I will not be seeing this movie. Just no. Jensen couldn't be more perfect for the part if they'd created him just for it. I don't understand why Marvel and Disney can't get their heads out of their collective arses where this is concerned. Work around Supernatural but make it happen. 

zman1590

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By zman1590

I think Robert Buckley would make a great Captain America in the new Avengers movie.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.