Question about Cap!

#1 Posted by kalel8 (2 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey guys new here and had a question about Captain America. I just saw the movie and I didn't know much about him prior to the movie. After watching the movie I started researching his origins etc. In the movie it says he was frozen for 70 years...is this accurate? Seems like in the comic it was several years but I couldn't really find a a definitive amount of years. And what ever happened to him and Peggy? Do they ever get any kind of closure?

#2 Posted by PowerHerc (85058 posts) - - Show Bio

The length of time he was frozen keeps getting longer as time goes by.

This is necessary to keep him rooted to World War II yet active in the modern world.

Peggy and him did get a bit of closure, though I can't remember exactly how it went, and she even worked on the Avengers staff in the late 80's.

#3 Posted by kalel8 (2 posts) - - Show Bio

ah cool thanks a lot!!

#4 Posted by PowerHerc (85058 posts) - - Show Bio

Peggy's funeral was shown as a back-up feature this past summer. I read it from the back of Herc #4 or 5 (I can't remember which).

The funeral was attended by Sharon Carter, Steve Rogers, Nick Fury and Dum Dum Dugan.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.