Follow

Captain America

Character » Captain America appears in 11750 issues.

During World War II, Steve Rogers volunteered to receive the experimental Super-Soldier Serum. Enhanced to the pinnacle of human physical potential and armed with an unbreakable shield, he became Captain America. After a failed mission left him encased in ice for decades, he was found and revived by the Avengers, later joining their ranks and eventually becoming the team's leader.

Petition To Remove Chris Evans As Captain America

• 185 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ab1ccc482197
    deactivated-5ab1ccc482197

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

lmao @ this thread as if it would even matter

jimmyziogas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102  Edited By jimmyziogas

Does anyone else hope that comic movies and they're producers and directors finally understand that it is possible to make a great movie without a love story and constant hand to hand fight scenes that simply cheapen and overly simplify some extremely complex and moving characters, plots and scenes.  Real art and film doesn't follow a formula. It's inventive.  You jerks that disagree are pop culture cannon fodder.  So insanely uninventive and boring in your opinions and I'm assuming your lives as well.  I'jm guessing that probably jerk*ng is your only other online hobby that you enjoy, so why don't you stick to that, and leave the intelligent conversation for the real fans.  Losers.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#103  Edited By InnerVenom123
    @jimmyziogas said:
    " Does anyone else hope that comic movies and they're producers and directors finally understand that it is possible to make a great movie without a love story and constant hand to hand fight scenes that simply cheapen and overly simplify some extremely complex and moving characters, plots and scenes.  Real art and film doesn't follow a formula. It's inventive.  You jerks that disagree are pop culture cannon fodder.  So insanely uninventive and boring in your opinions and I'm assuming your lives as well.  I'jm guessing that probably jerk*ng is your only other online hobby that you enjoy, so why don't you stick to that, and leave the intelligent conversation for the real fans.  Losers. "
    "If you don't agree with me, you have no life." 

Nice logic.
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#104  Edited By Mercy_

So because we disagree with you, because we want to actually give him a chance, because a few of us may think he's a good actor, we're pop culture cannon fodder? Sounds logical. And the masturbation joke, real mature. Oh and losers? Really creative. 

Jotham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#105  Edited By Jotham

Now that filming is complete, I'm finally going to sign this petition. NO CHRIS EVANS! NO CHRIS EVANS!

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#106  Edited By Magian
    @Jotham said:
    " Now that filming is complete, I'm finally going to sign this petition. NO CHRIS EVANS! NO CHRIS EVANS! "
    lol
    Avatar image for deactivated-60d8e8271946e
    deactivated-60d8e8271946e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

Captain America will not like this post
    Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#108  Edited By Nighthunter

Chris evans was the one cool thing of the fantastic four movies lol and seeing the photos that Marvel has released at the very least he looks like Steve Rogers.

At first many people were hesistant for Downey Jr. for Ironman (I never got that one, RDJ IS Tony Stark lol) Norton as Hulk and Ledger as Joker. All of them turned out great, so at least wait for it to happen.

Out of all the heroes of the Avengers, Captain America is the most important one, out of all the roles Marvel would not screw this one so I'm optimistic

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#109  Edited By InnerVenom123
    @InnerVenom123 said:

" @jimmyziogas said:

" Does anyone else hope that comic movies and they're producers and directors finally understand that it is possible to make a great movie without a love story and constant hand to hand fight scenes that simply cheapen and overly simplify some extremely complex and moving characters, plots and scenes.  Real art and film doesn't follow a formula. It's inventive.  You jerks that disagree are pop culture cannon fodder.  So insanely uninventive and boring in your opinions and I'm assuming your lives as well.  I'jm guessing that probably jerk*ng is your only other online hobby that you enjoy, so why don't you stick to that, and leave the intelligent conversation for the real fans.  Losers. "
    "If you don't agree with me, you have no life."   Nice logic. "
    I love how you send me a PM instead of replying on the forum, and to troll, no less.

"your just a sheep, baaa"

I mean, wow, really? 

This is you, OP.
     This is you, OP.
    TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#110  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

This guy still isn't banned? O_o

xmenfallen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By xmenfallen

is it really confirmed that chris evans is playing cap

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#112  Edited By Mercy_
    @xmenfallen said:
    " is it really confirmed that chris evans is playing cap "
    Seriously?
    Thor's hammmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By Thor's hammmer

I do not want him to play Captain America either.
    Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#114  Edited By Primmaster64

Its gonna be weird...but I'm ok with it now

difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By difficlus
    @Thor's hammmer said:
    " I do not want him to play Captain America either. "
    come on... 
    =[
    Thor's hammmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By Thor's hammmer
    @difficlus said:
    " @Thor's hammmer said:
    " I do not want him to play Captain America either. "
    come on... =[ "

I don't like him and I really don't like the idea of him portraying such an Icon I have no plans on seeing the movie.
    Shadow_Thief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#117  Edited By Shadow_Thief

Eh, I can see where you're coming from. I have to admit that the casting announcement definitely caught me off guard. Then again, I never would have expected a tall Aussie with a background in musical theatre to make a decent Wolverine, so the guy may pull it off. Look at it this way: if you're wrong, you get pleasantly surprised, and if you're right, you get to tell everyone else "I told you so."

xmenfallen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By xmenfallen
    @The Dark Huntress: ???????
    fbdarkangel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#119  Edited By fbdarkangel
    @jimmyziogas:
    Ok I will admit, When I first heard the news that Chris Evans got the roll I was furious! I almost did sign a petition. Then I saw this.... 

*growls*
    *growls*
    Then I switched to team Chris! ;-) 
    But seriously, the movie is already wrapped and in post-production. Nothing you can do about it! Give the man a chance.
    Loki9876

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By Loki9876

yeah he did good

Dracade102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: -1

#121  Edited By Dracade102

I could swear to god that the OP could be the new reincarnation of the Hate-Monger... He's seriously hatin' on Evans here...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The movie was amazing. Evans did amazing.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Thor's hammmer: Did you not watch it? He rocked.
    Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#124  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

lol this thread fails 

catfightfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By catfightfan

I saw nothing wrong with Chris Evans as Cap, though I thought he did an even better job as Johnny Storm.

Avatar image for deactivated-579156ff11b09
    deactivated-579156ff11b09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

- I was really against Chris Evans playing Cap before the movie came out, but I ate my words, he did a pretty good job

RazzaTazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1887

User Lists: 79

#127  Edited By RazzaTazz

I was only lukewarm about his performance, but there are only so many stars in Hollywood, the more so that look the part.  

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#128  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

He wasn't a bad Captain America acting wise but he just doesn't fit my image of what Captain America should look like.He's still the Human Torch as far as i'm concerned.

Avatar image for assassin_elektra
    Assassin_Elektra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Chris Evans did pretty well at playing the role of Captain America, he worked hard to do the best he could at the part. You have to give him credit for that much. I'm sure there were better choices for the role, but overall I think it was one of the best Marvel movies so far.

Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By Daveyo520

He was just fine.

RainEffect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#131  Edited By RainEffect

I would love to hear all the haters of Chris Evans talk about how much of a 'screw up' Marvel's choice was now. I can't wait for the Rogers vs Stark dynamic in the Avengers movie.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#132  Edited By dernman

He was ok. Still wouldn't have been my choice.

Avatar image for saiyan_earthling
    saiyan_earthling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Chris is good as he was as Steve.

Avatar image for deactivated-578ee3f81c5e1
    deactivated-578ee3f81c5e1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Erik said:

@DEGRAAF said:
    " This is rediculous. He was the best part of the FF movies. I totally agree with him being Steve Rogers. I would choose him to be Steve Rogers over Ryan Reynolds being Hal Jordan and i love Ryan Reynolds and think hes a great actor. I think they made an excellent choice. "
    Completely agree.

ditto, he does the role enough justice, admittedly not complete justice but enough. Cap is a kid from brooklyn housed in a super human body, with insecurities to match that type of character, but the morality and bravery to surpass it. I think chris evans Honors that, by being himself on camera, becaus he doesnt know if he can fill the boots of the role, but has the courage to try to surpass the opinion of fans like yourself, jimmyziogas

But...I agree Affleck was a crappy DD :P, thank Kevin smith for casting his freinds instead of a qualified character actor

moviemaniacs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By moviemaniacs

Haha yeah, I don't think theres anything wrong with Chris Evans as Captain America, its just the movie thats shit!

gravitypress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By gravitypress

Evens was not bad but the neon guns gave me Batman and Robin (movie) flashbacks.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#137  Edited By danhimself

@nonfiction91 said:

@Erik said:

@DEGRAAF said:
    " This is rediculous. He was the best part of the FF movies. I totally agree with him being Steve Rogers. I would choose him to be Steve Rogers over Ryan Reynolds being Hal Jordan and i love Ryan Reynolds and think hes a great actor. I think they made an excellent choice. "
    Completely agree.

ditto, he does the role enough justice, admittedly not complete justice but enough. Cap is a kid from brooklyn housed in a super human body, with insecurities to match that type of character, but the morality and bravery to surpass it. I think chris evans Honors that, by being himself on camera, becaus he doesnt know if he can fill the boots of the role, but has the courage to try to surpass the opinion of fans like yourself, jimmyziogas

But...I agree Affleck was a crappy DD :P, thank Kevin smith for casting his freinds instead of a qualified character actor

uhhh....the only thing that Kevin Smith did for this movie was a cameo...he had nothing to do with casting

Avatar image for deactivated-578ee3f81c5e1
    deactivated-578ee3f81c5e1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

huh@danhimself said:

@nonfiction91 said:

@Erik said:

@DEGRAAF said:
    Completely agree.

uhhh....the only thing that Kevin Smith did for this movie was a cameo...he had nothing to do with casting

huh, yeah your right, although im pretty sure he had some kind of pull in the situation, especially the coincidence of one of his closest friends being the lead, even still just scratch out kevin smith and put in mark johnson, you still got a guy who picked a mediocre actor

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By DEGRAAF

@nonfiction91 said:

huh@danhimself said:

@nonfiction91 said:

@Erik said:

@DEGRAAF said:
    Completely agree.

huh, yeah your right, although im pretty sure he had some kind of pull in the situation, especially the coincidence of one of his closest friends being the lead, even still just scratch out kevin smith and put in mark johnson, you still got a guy who picked a mediocre actor

lol are you guys still talking about Chris evans or have you moved on to DD sucking?

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#140  Edited By Deranged Midget

@comicdude23 said:

Agreed, he blew my expectations away and I was already supporting him.

Marvel made an excellent choice choosing Evans.

Rasarima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By Rasarima

@Deranged Midget said:

@comicdude23 said:

Agreed, he blew my expectations away and I was already supporting him.

Marvel made an excellent choice choosing Evans.

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

#142  Edited By TheCannon

This is the most stupid thing I have heard of. Comparing Chris Evans as Captain America to Ben Affleck as Daredevil or Nicholas Cage as Ghost Rider? Really? You must be from those shows where you go around pulling pranks people. All right, you got me.

Skulexander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By Skulexander

Are you a troll? Chris Evans did amazingly as Cap.

X35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 163

User Lists: 8

#144  Edited By X35

Ben Affleck wasn't bad as Daredevil. He isnt a a bad actor but people just hate him for some reason. His acting in Daredevil is good, he was a good Murdock. The only silly thing is his Daredevil voice but people don't call Christian Bale a bad actor because of his Batman voice.

And Chris Evans is great. :)

Avatar image for thegreyoutcastx
    TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By TheGreyOutcastX

@X35 said:

Ben Affleck wasn't bad as Daredevil. He isnt a a bad actor but people just hate him for some reason. His acting in Daredevil is good, he was a good Murdock. The only silly thing is his Daredevil voice but people don't call Christian Bale a bad actor because of his Batman voice.

And Chris Evans is great. :)

I agree. I blame Mark Steven Johnson for Daredevil. As for Chris Evans, he was solid as Cap. Avengers will make or break it from here. If he can lead the Avengers like the Captain we know and love, then all arguments will end.

X35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By X35

@TheGreyOutcastX: If youve ever seen the Director's Cut of Daredevil there's honestly nothing wrong with it other than a lame soundtrack. it is actually the case that the director's cut is an entirely different film. it doesn't even have the crappy bits like daredevil having sex with elektra and it actually makes sense (there are actual parts of the theatrical version that make no sense whatsoever - why are the police coming to arrest the kingpin at the end for example).

you even get a whole sub-plot starring matt, foggy, karen page and coolio!

TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By TheGreyOutcastX

@X35: I was wondering why I saw Coolio in a trailer of it, but never saw him in the movie! I haven't seen the directors cut, but it sounds better.

X35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By X35

@TheGreyOutcastX: It really is. I know a lot of people say that about films and when you see the directors cut it doesn't make much of a difference, but the Daredevil Director's Cut is really a quality-changing version.

Kairan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#149  Edited By Kairan1979
    No Caption Provided
    TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By TheGreyOutcastX

@X35: I will have to look into see that version then.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.