Follow

Captain America

Character » Captain America appears in 11751 issues.

During World War II, Steve Rogers volunteered to receive the experimental Super-Soldier Serum. Enhanced to the pinnacle of human physical potential and armed with an unbreakable shield, he became Captain America. After a failed mission left him encased in ice for decades, he was found and revived by the Avengers, later joining their ranks and eventually becoming the team's leader.

Petition To Remove Chris Evans As Captain America

• 185 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for super_average_guy
    Super Average Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I'm a fan of Chris Evans but I don't think he should have been cast as Captain America. We'll see if he can act serious enough and have a strong enough screen presence to play him...but can they at least get his frickin hair style/color right this time?!?! Captain America has BLONDE and average length hair...............

No Caption Provided

...........similar to Johnny Storm's hair.............
    No Caption Provided

..........so I don't want to see brown hair with a frickin buzz cut!
    No Caption Provided
    Avatar image for crimsonspider89
    crimsonspider89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 1

#52  Edited By crimsonspider89

Wow, I think he could play it and he has grown out his hair before. Look at him in the Losers. has long hair. Think he will be a great Cap. 

And another thing: Christian Bale cannot act worth crap. His voice as Batman in Dark Knight was horrendous. THANK GOD for Heath Ledger and such.

ahumancartoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By ahumancartoon

Marvel has been striking gold since they started making their own movies so I'm trust their casting choice.

Avatar image for bob_agent_of_agency_x
    bob agent of agency x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

She would be a better choice! 
    At least shes got blonde hair!
    Drcharles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Drcharles

He was great playing Johnny Storm, but Im unsure how this will pan out, if he plays Cap. 
    Anyway, I thought that the Avengers movie was going to comic out in 2010, what happened to this ? anyone know ?

hdorman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#56  Edited By hdorman1

i like the casting  
    he was good in sunshine  
    and just cause an actor is funny doesnt mean they cant be serious 
    @Drcharles said:

" He was great playing Johnny Storm, but Im unsure how this will pan out, if he plays Cap. Anyway, I thought that the Avengers movie was going to comic out in 2010, what happened to this ? anyone know ? "
    its out in 2012
    thor and capt america are out in 2011
    joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#57  Edited By joshmightbe

he was the only good part of the ff movies you shouldnt start complaining till you see the movie, alot of people thought nicholas cage was gonna be a great ghost rider and that was crap on the other side i read alkinds of opinion polls that said robert downy jr would suck as iron man and he turned out to be perfect
    Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#58  Edited By Caligula

Evans isn't a good actor.

I say Gerard Butler or Chris Pine would be better caps

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By slimj87d
    @Caligula: 

Really? Chris Pine doesn't really have Cap's face, and Gerard Butler doesn't either, he'd have to dye his eyebrows and I just don't see him looking the part with blond hair.

Honestly, I can imagine Matt Damon taking the role seriously, I can already imagine how he would react after being unfrozen and tied up at the Hospital with Nick Fury trying to calm him down and convincing him it's the year 2000.
    Tainted-Cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 3

#60  Edited By Tainted-Cell

There's definitely a certain lack of imagination when it comes to fan-casting.  

If it were Matt Damon, it would only be because of any similarity Cap has to Jason Bourne.

If it were Gerard Butler or Chris Pine, it would only be because of Leonidas or Captain Kirk. 

If Chris Pine were to take on any superhero, you know, apart from Kirk, I think it would have to be Guy Gardner  , but that's just based off of Star Trek. 

From the day it was announced, I've found this casting to be quite refreshing. It's not what you would expect, but not completely off-base.  

I'm of the variety who thinks that Sam Worthington doesn't deserve his newfound fame, but that's unrelated. 

At any rate, Chris Evans has a great physique, and is definitely capable of holding his own in a scene. Although I did like him in Danny Boyle's "Sunshine", I think that's a bad example, considering he was the only character in the film who offered ANY kind of sarcasm. Even so, to say that Chris Evans, known now for his comic performances, cannot play the straight character, is like saying that Kevin Kline can't be funny these days. He's an under-developed actor, with just a decade of flm-acting to his name. Chris Evans is 28, Robert Downey Jr. is 45. Considering that Tony is supposed to be physically older than Steve, I would say this will present a great opportunity for that foil to be present when the two eventually are on together in the Avengers.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#61  Edited By joshmightbe

sam worthington is a crappy actor avatar and clash of the titans had terrible acting and scripts they just looked cool

bumnut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By bumnut
    @bob agent of agency x said:
    "     She would be a better choice! At least shes got blonde hair! "

actually, it's white. lol
    karrob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By karrob
    @joshmightbe said:
    "sam worthington is a crappy actor avatar and clash of the titans had terrible acting and scripts they just looked cool "

I agree with that.
    CylonDorado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By CylonDorado

Hmm... I did not know he was set to play Captain America.... 

I have no idea how this will turn out.

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

#65  Edited By inferiorego  Staff
    @joshmightbe said:
    " sam worthington is a crappy actor avatar and clash of the titans had terrible acting and scripts they just looked cool "
    America's most beige action star of all time...
    swhorl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 33

#66  Edited By swhorl
    @jimmyziogas said:
    " Chris Evans sux!!! Stop blowing him!!!!! "
    Can we lock it now? 
    That's from the OP.
    lastdrag0n89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#67  Edited By lastdrag0n89
    @jimmyziogas:  I think you just won swiftest kick in the a$$ with this post
    jimmyziogas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By jimmyziogas

I do hope the movie is good.  I just don't think this dude is right.  Alexander Skarsgard from Generation Kill would have been my vote.  Well, I hope Chris Evans gets in a car accident on his way to the bank cashing checks he doesn't deserve for the FF monstrosities.  Suck it all you Bucky sidekick wannabies. 

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#69  Edited By InnerVenom123
    @jimmyziogas said:
    " I do hope the movie is good.  I just don't think this dude is right.  Alexander Skarsgard from Generation Kill would have been my vote.  Well, I hope Chris Evans gets in a car accident on his way to the bank cashing checks he doesn't deserve for the FF monstrosities.  Suck it all you Bucky sidekick wannabies.  "

No Caption Provided
    bingbangboom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#70  Edited By bingbangboom
    @jimmyziogas said:
    " I do hope the movie is good.  I just don't think this dude is right.  Alexander Skarsgard from Generation Kill would have been my vote.  Well, I hope Chris Evans gets in a car accident on his way to the bank cashing checks he doesn't deserve for the FF monstrosities.  Suck it all you Bucky sidekick wannabies.  "
    That is completely uncalled for to wish him to get in a car accident. So stupid over a casting choice but I bet your going to be freaking out and write some sort of complaining blog. Let them make the movie and judge it then. If anything, the movie will have other issues other than casting. At least that is out and done, just make it a solid flick.
    -Eclipse-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#71  Edited By -Eclipse-
    @joshmightbe said:
    " sam worthington is a crappy actor avatar and clash of the titans had terrible acting and scripts they just looked cool "
    Totally agree with this. Avatar had some good acting, but Clash of the Titans was an awful movie. 

If Sam Worthington was cast as Cap, THEN we'd be in trouble. We got a pretty good deal here with someone who can actually act.
    Cherry Bomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#72  Edited By Cherry Bomb

I'm not too thrilled with the Chris Evans casting, I think they could have chose better.  (: but I'm not going to judge, I'd rather wait and see what he's like as the Cap first.

ComicCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#73  Edited By ComicCrazy
    @jimmyziogas said:
    "I do hope the movie is good.  I just don't think this dude is right.  Alexander Skarsgard from Generation Kill would have been my vote.  Well, I hope Chris Evans gets in a car accident on his way to the bank cashing checks he doesn't deserve for the FF monstrosities.  Suck it all you Bucky sidekick wannabies.  "

Man talk about unnecessary hate. WOW I would laugh so hard if he ended up getting like nominated for an oscar or something. lol probaly wont happen but I think he is quite a good pick for Cap.
    Omega Ray Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 5

#74  Edited By Omega Ray Jay

Give the guy a chance.

Speedy92286

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Speedy92286

The fact that this is still open astounds me.
    TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#76  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

Wow....another hate thread, didn't these things use to get locked?

doordoor123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#77  Edited By doordoor123

This is a stupid thread. Chris Evans is a great actor. Have you seen all of his films? He has some great parts and he could step up to the plate when he has to. Stop this idiotic petition and help petition digital comics. If you support them, you support machines controlling the world. DO you want your children to be slaves to robots? i think not.
    VIVA LA RESISTANCE!!!

doordoor123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#78  Edited By doordoor123
    @jimmyziogas:  i read captain america. Dont worry so much. Hell be great. Youll be surprised.
    TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @jimmyziogas said:
    Okay, okay, your point has been made as that you don't think Chirs Evens will be able to play Captain America, point made, but there is no need to wish any actor, or any person to be harmed because of this personally belief.

And just a suggestion, telling people to *ahem* "suck it?" Really? That's not going to help your case in anyway, but only make you sound immature and tells people that your argument (and you, yourself) are not worth taking seriously whatsoever.
    Avatar image for weapon_x_badazz
    weapon x badazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By weapon x badazz

I am honest am not over the moon with Evans as cap, i for sure think hes not serious enough and yes i have seen sunshine and thought he was good in that, but whilst watching it i just couldnt help think that hes gonna shout "flame on" an reignite the sun himself. I just think a different face would'av been better as i see him as johnny whom i thort he played really well. 
    gambit987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#82  Edited By gambit987

Oh i hate all this i hate chris evans threads he was good in FF even if it was a bad movie he was pretty good in push and they say he played a good leading character in sunshine (I didn't really saw it)
    the only thing i am a bit worried about is the director if someonehas something trusting to say it would help

jimmyziogas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By jimmyziogas

Whiny punks rejoice.  Joss Whedon's fruity tenedencies have driven Ed Norton from the project.  You get Mark Ruffalo instead of the dude in American History X.  Between him and Evans they should premier this at the gay pride parade.  I can't blame Downey for promoting the S out Iron Man 2 (which sucked hard) and this Avengers debacle.  The due was just getting out of jail, probably broke as a joke at like 40.  I'm sure he'd play Ron Jeremy if the money was right.  Same goes for Sam Jackson, he didn't make it until he was like 40 too.  Ok, Renner and Hemsworth can work as Hawkeye and Thor respectively, but no Dr. Hank Pym???  I don't give a S about The Wasp but come on.  This is a total stepping stone to their best villain ever.....ULTRON.  You people definitely don't watch enough movies or read enough comic books.  Joss Whedon definitely watches too much garbage daytime TV!  Peace MOFOS
    Avatar image for oihooliganismoi
    oiHooliganismoi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By oiHooliganismoi
    @jimmyziogas:  
    did u see how evans bulked up for the role u can tell he is taking this seriously... give the dude a chance and he was the best part of the ff movies..........im not slobbing his knob or anything but at least let a trailer be released before any kind of judgment is passed...  i think the best thing to do right now is hope he does a good job........ but u seem like the type of person that kinda hopes it fail........ im a BIG  captain america fan ....... and ill admit evans was never a choice for me, i was honestly hoping for Devon Woodcomb to play Cap but that didnt happen and we ended up with evans and i like the progress they are making so far ..... just give it a chance dude
    Thor's hammmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Thor's hammmer

honestly I would sign
    jimmyziogas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By jimmyziogas

Nice grammar Gambit. What are you Borat's neighbor.  Listen, I don't care how bulky he gets or how good the script is.  The fact is we know this douche!  Its not like he's been out of movies for fifteen years like John Travolta before Pulp Fiction(who by the way was a 2nd choice to Michael Madson).  This kid aint a believable cap and I'm so upset by the fact that so many douchebags just accept this.  For Christ sake Marvel owns the box office right now.  Why comprimise.  Just someone please give Chris Evans AIDS anally and we'll all be watching a better movie in 2012.

Aqua11500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Aqua11500

mmmm...Chris Evans 

hey how are they going to have him play johnny in the next F4 movie,then have him play Steve?????? 

Are they   going to make him look older than his portrayal as Johnny Storm????

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @Aqua11500 said:

" mmmm...Chris Evans   hey how are they going to have him play johnny in the next F4 movie,then have him play Steve??????  Are they   going to make him look older than his portrayal as Johnny Storm???? "

Chris Even's has stated that he will not be returning to the Fantastic Four franchise, saying that he and that they were basically done with the FF. Plus if a reboot is every made, they'll most likely recast everyone anyways. Also Captain America is owned by Marvel and Human Torch is currently owned by Fox along with the rest of the Fantastic Four, so even if he did go back to the role of Johnny Storm, Johnny and Cap would most likely never meet.
    Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Caligula

im not looking forward to Evans as Cap, it does not compute...

SumoSlamMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By SumoSlamMan

Someone call a whambulance for jimmyziogas!  The man's obviously in pain here!  Lashing out irrationally, forgetting to use question marks, we've got a bleeder!

Crackdown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#91  Edited By Crackdown

Jimmy, I gotta say, you are probably the most intolerant, simple-minded, ignoramus on this site. You're "opinion" aside, you insult people, use racist remarks, and come across as a hateful person. Sure, you don't like how Evans was cast. That opinion is shared by others as well, but to actually wish him bodily harm? I hope you are just a kid and wouldn't do these types of things in real life. Insulting, using hate-speech, and acting superior to everyone here who doesn't agree with you does not make you a better person, nor does it make you right.

Other than the fact that I am surprised this thread is still open, the language, attitude, and overall general lack of politeness you have displayed, makes me shocked you haven't been banned.
      Good day to you sir

SumoSlamMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By SumoSlamMan
    @Crackdown: Very well articulated.  You basically said everything I felt.  Can we still call for a whambulance though?
    gambit987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By gambit987
    @jimmyziogas:  oh is that meant for me.
    I am not American but Belgian so sorry if I make some mistakes.
    I wont lower me to your level
    gambit987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By gambit987

somebody, I never asked this but could someone ban him, he swears, is rude and is very intolerant.

Weapon-Alpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By Weapon-Alpha

Why couldnt they get Mark valley to be cap?
    and yes i know he is human target now but still i think he is perfect
     http://sharetv.org/images/person/mark_valley.jpg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By 651
    @Korg: agreed
    Hunter114

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#97  Edited By Hunter114
    @Weapon-Alpha:
    I actually had Vally as Cap in my coursework for media studies... he seemed to fit the role. 

I say we give the guy a chance, we haven't even seen a trailer or a screen test, so we don't know what he would be like in that role and he still has some time to look the part and get into the role, so judging him now would be pointless.
    OldManDuncan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By OldManDuncan
    @gambit987: He would probably make another account.
    jimmyziogas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By jimmyziogas

Crackdown your a loser, this movie is gonna blow cause of him.  You'll see.  Just like Iron Man 2 cheaped out ( with T Howard), Marvel and the studio is cheaping out with everything.  Did you see the Thor trailer.  He calls Midgard Earth in the promo for God sake.  I'm about to make a Marvel knockoff in my backyard that would make these look like high school drama projects.  I hate Chris Evans and all his fans for the record.  Every movie he's been in blows.  You fans blow worse.  Watch my remake of Cap 30 years from now when everyone catches up to the new sh*t!  I hate Chris Evans publicity monster the most though!  I know it was you Fredo....you broke my heart, and the validity of a fan site.
    Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#100  Edited By Korg
    @jimmyziogas said:
    " Just like Iron Man 2 cheaped out ( with T Howard), "
    Yeah, they sure cheaped out by getting a better actor to replace Terrance Howard (who is a terrible person).

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.