Opinions! Is the Captain America series worth reading?

#1 Posted by MurieC16 (68 posts) - - Show Bio

I want to know because I've never read any Captain America comic and I'm interested in reading it

#2 Posted by SoA (4833 posts) - - Show Bio

ive only read recently because of a classic villain making a return , cap is a good read . try the ultimate captain america mini-series it has some good action in it

#3 Posted by RoboShark (1271 posts) - - Show Bio

It's picked up in the past 2 or 3 issues. It's worth checking out. Some people just loooove Brubaker on Cap, I do too. But I haven't been much of a fan of this run until #12.

#4 Posted by Cap10nate (2297 posts) - - Show Bio

@MurieC16: The story is very good currently. However, Brubaker is leaving in like 5 issues so who knows how it will be after that. If you want to read the best Cap story, start reading the Volume 5 series that is the beginning of Brubakers run. It is the Winter Soldier arc so you can get a good idea of what the movie may be about. It is my favorite run of comics ever. Plus, it will lead into the Winter Soldier series that is one of Marvel's best ongoing series at the moment.

#5 Posted by War Killer (20205 posts) - - Show Bio

If it's your first time reading Captain America, if you're willing to, I'd suggest going back and getting the Trades of his first Captain America run along with his current one. Pretty much anything with Captain America and Brubaker together is amazing.

#6 Posted by Teerack (6283 posts) - - Show Bio

It's not great, but it's not bad. You get to see a lot of Agent 13 if you're a fan of her's.

#7 Posted by MurieC16 (68 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanks for the help guys!

#8 Edited by PurpleCandy (773 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

I love it, any Cap stories by Brubaker are good.

#10 Posted by derf_jenkins (402 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes...it is worth reading.

#11 Posted by tg1982 (2715 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991 said:

This. But I got to say I'm not a fan of the apparent "love triangle" that seems to be brewing, it's too cliche. I got enough of that from Cyclops, Wolverine and Jean

#12 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

@tg1982 said:

@Blood1991 said:

This. But I got to say I'm not a fan of the apparent "love triangle" that seems to be brewing, it's too cliche. I got enough of that from Cyclops, Wolverine and Jean

Psssh she ain't got nothin on Sharon.

#13 Posted by tg1982 (2715 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991: Who? Jean?

#14 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

@tg1982 said:

@Blood1991: Who? Jean?

Rachel Leighton, who isn't a bad support character, but I've always liked Sharon more.

#15 Edited by tg1982 (2715 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991: Oh, yeah. Now I get it, lol. been a long day at work and I'm a little out of it, starting to have a "rockstar crash", I drank like 4 of them. But yeah I agree, I actually like Sharon and Cap together, they been through alot, her death, her comeback, his death, his comeback, (starting to see a theme here :-) ) her being pregnant, and then loosing it. It seems like they are doing the love triangle just to do it.

#16 Edited by Captainamerica119 (200 posts) - - Show Bio

No shit Sherlock! This series is great. I have been wanting to post that for so long

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.