Follow

Captain America

Character » Captain America appears in 11750 issues.

During World War II, Steve Rogers volunteered to receive the experimental Super-Soldier Serum. Enhanced to the pinnacle of human physical potential and armed with an unbreakable shield, he became Captain America. After a failed mission left him encased in ice for decades, he was found and revived by the Avengers, later joining their ranks and eventually becoming the team's leader.

New Marvel Universe Cap inspired two packs

leokearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

Edited By leokearon

To celebrate the Cap movie Hasbro are releasing two new Marvel Universe 2 packs both Cap inspired

Winter Soldier and Steve's Cap
    Winter Soldier and Steve's Cap

Crossbones and Bucky's Cap
    Crossbones and Bucky's Cap

Nice idea shame the figures are going to be available as singles

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: -1

#1  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

Sweet, I'll be getting the Bucky Cap one!!! ^_^

Any date on when these'll be released?

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#2  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

Star Wars did it first.

Still, not a bad marketing strategy.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @JediXMan said:
    Star Wars did it first.  Still, not a bad marketing strategy.
    Agreed. Have you seen the Secret Wars packs they came out with not to long ago? With like the Wrecking Crew, Hawkeye, and Ultron? Great toys.
    JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#4  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
    @War Killer said:
    @JediXMan said:
    Agreed. Have you seen the Secret Wars packs they came out with not to long ago? With like the Wrecking Crew, Hawkeye, and Ultron? Great toys.
    Can't say that I have.
    TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @JediXMan said:
    @War Killer said:
    @JediXMan said:
    Can't say that I have.
    Pretty neat figures, not as great as the old Marvel Legend  toys, but still good. Plus the Hawkeye one was pretty cool. :D
    leokearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By leokearon
    @War Killer said:
    Sweet, I'll be getting the Bucky Cap one!!! ^_^  Any date on when these'll be released?

No offical date yet, but it is assumed to be July.
    leokearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By leokearon
    @War Killer said:
    @JediXMan said:

Yeah, the Secret Wars packs were good, it is a shame that recent 2 packs vary in the figures, some have two new figures (like the upcoming West Coast Avengers pack) some have only 1 new figure (Deadpool and Taskmaster) and some have no new figures (these ones)
    TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @leokearon: I personally wish they'd bring out more single packs, I've been waiting for a Bucky Cap figure (I've got Winter Soldier and Bucky already) but the only time they release that version of his character was with the like $30 Skrull Giant-Man pack that came with an issue of Secret Invasion #1, all I wanted was the Bucky toy for goodness sake, lol xD
    leokearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By leokearon
    @War Killer said:
    @leokearon: I personally wish they'd bring out more single packs, I've been waiting for a Bucky Cap figure (I've got Winter Soldier and Bucky already) but the only time they release that version of his character was with the like $30 Skrull Giant-Man pack that came with an issue of Secret Invasion #1, all I wanted was the Bucky toy for goodness sake, lol xD

Bucky's Cap will be part of the Captain America movie range, check out some of my Blogs for more info
    TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @leokearon said:
    @War Killer said:
     Bucky's Cap will be part of the Captain America movie range, check out some of my Blogs for more info
    I've seen a few floating around the net, even saw that possible he'll be getting a Marvel Legends figure too which would be great. But thanks for posting this! :D
    PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#11  Edited By PowerHerc

These look cool and the inspiration behind them is truly great,   
    Unfortunatley these smaller scale figures are much flimsier at a much higher price than the 6-inch scale figures.   
    I wish they'd bring back the larger scale figures.
    leokearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By leokearon
    @PowerHerc said:
    These look cool and the inspiration behind them is truly great,   Unfortunatley these smaller scale figures are much flimsier at a much higher price than the 6-inch scale figures.   I wish they'd bring back the larger scale figures.

I like the MU, it is shame we stil don't have any vechiles and playsets even though that was one of the reason fro going to a smaller scale
    Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @JediXMan said:

Same figure company :P 

And G.I Joe did it around the same time. 

I want that Bucky/Crossbones one, but I'm stll on a Marvel embargo. The two aforementioned franchises will have to satiate my 3&3/4" figure needs. 

@leokearon

said:

@PowerHerc said:

These look cool and the inspiration behind them is truly great,   Unfortunatley these smaller scale figures are much flimsier at a much higher price than the 6-inch scale figures.   I wish they'd bring back the larger scale figures.
    I like the MU, it is shame we stil don't have any vechiles and playsets even though that was one of the reason fro going to a smaller scale

I actually like that about the MU line. The lack of vehicles and alike makes it feel more like a collector's market than a toy one. 
    Yes, I'm deceiving myself, but let me be :P
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @War Killer said:
    There's been like 100 figures (at least) released, how many more do you want!? lol
    leokearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By leokearon
    @FadeToBlackBolt said:
    @JediXMan said:
    Same figure company :P 

And G.I Joe did it around the same time. 

I want that Bucky/Crossbones one, but I'm stll on a Marvel embargo. The two aforementioned franchises will have to satiate my 3&3/4" figure needs. 

@leokearon said:
    @PowerHerc said:
    I actually like that about the MU line. The lack of vehicles and alike makes it feel more like a collectors market than a toy one.  Yes, I'm deceiving myself, but let me be :P

Yeah, but it is a laugh that around 3 years after the line started we still haven't seen a vehicle or playset, even TF's have them.
    TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @FadeToBlackBolt said:
    @War Killer said:
    There's been like 100 figures (at least) released, how many more do you want!? lol
    That the one that I actually have been waiting for :P
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @War Killer said:
    @FadeToBlackBolt said:
    @War Killer said:
    That the one that I actually have been waiting for :P
    I'm waiting on a Black Bolt. Yellowjacket was released, but the fracking thing sold out in Australia >_< 
    If BB ever comes out though, Marvel boycott or not, I'm buying it haha
    Avatar image for andy_steven_summers
    Andy Steven Summers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

With the Red Skull being the villain. I am surprised he was not one of the figures.

FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @Andy Steven Summers said:
    With the Red Skull being the villain. I am surprised he was not one of the figures.
    He's being released in a single.
    leokearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By leokearon
    @Andy Steven Summers said:

He is a single figure complete with cosmic cube and so far there is no comic version of him

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.