New 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' Concept Art

• 52 results
Posted by k4tzm4n (40612 posts) - - Show Bio

We've already seen a good deal of set photos and concept art from Captain America: The Winter Soldier, but this latest bit of concept art posted by Entertainment Weekly is simply awesome and had to be shared. Illustrated by Ryan Meinerding, the image reveals James 'Bucky' Barnes clashing with Captain America. The image of these two going at it is really impressive, but the background adds a whole extra layer of awesomeness. It looks like a war is breaking out behind them and we can spot Falcon, a S.H.I.E.L.D. Quinjet and another very sophisticated aerial vehicle (on the right).

Captain America: The Winter Soldier is directed by Anthony & Joe Russo and will come out April 4, 2014.

Expect more news about Marvel Studios' Phase Two as we head to San Diego Comic-Con next week!

Source: EW

Staff Online
#1 Posted by Om1kron (1170 posts) - - Show Bio

he's in his pre avengers costume. I are confused.

#2 Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (6110 posts) - - Show Bio

he probably put it on to make bucky remember

#3 Posted by Lt_Cmdr_Kicker (71 posts) - - Show Bio

I think they need to make Cap's outfit more military-like while retaining the star & maybe those wings on his helmet.. Considering everyone else gets upgraded costumes, even Cap's uniform in Avengers was a bit lack luster. Who knows tho, they may kill off Chris Evans to replace him with Bucky, which I wood be more than happy with :D

#4 Posted by EnigmaLantern (749 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks interesting, I'm just not hyped for the movie yet seeing as the movie is NEXT YEAR. Not worth getting all excited about it until February/March time next year, in my opinion. Great concept art it must be said though.

#5 Edited by theTimeStreamer (2841 posts) - - Show Bio

i am still amazed that the actor that plays bucky is from my country. i never thought i'd live long enough to see a national on the big screen. in a good movie. not segal movies. he's made like 5 in my country. him and van damme.

#6 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33038 posts) - - Show Bio

@ultrastarkiller: @om1kron: the director want's this film to be more espionage thriller and he thought Caps Avengers costume looked to superhero

#7 Posted by Mercy_ (92684 posts) - - Show Bio

:')

#8 Posted by Om1kron (1170 posts) - - Show Bio

@ultrastarkiller: @om1kron: the director want's this film to be more espionage thriller and he thought Caps Avengers costume looked to superhero

Ah okay, for some reason I thought they went back in time, which is confusing given the layout of the original movie and origin. The real question is, will Marvel ever let Captain America : White be released by Jeff Loeb and Tim Sale, I was really jonesing to buy that. =(

#10 Posted by redhood21 (814 posts) - - Show Bio

@om1kron said:

he's in his pre avengers costume. I are confused.

I AM WEASEL!

#11 Posted by AllStarSuperman (21698 posts) - - Show Bio

He messed up at the bottom. It says the first avenger. It should say the winter soldier.

#12 Edited by Mark_Rojas_ (14 posts) - - Show Bio

this is a significantly better tease than the poster of his shield that just appeared.

#13 Posted by flazam (2491 posts) - - Show Bio

You Put Captain America the first Avenger

Instead of Captain America the Winter Soilder

#14 Posted by War Killer (20129 posts) - - Show Bio

That's not Cap's suit from the first movie. Look at his chest, the stripes are different and the shoulder pads are stitched into the suit, not a separate piece of gear like in the first movie. This appears to be more like a fusion of his First Avenger and Avengers suits.

#15 Edited by Lvenger (19307 posts) - - Show Bio

Cap's in a costume more reminiscent of his First Avenger suit. Suits the espionage tone of the film well. Also Bucky's Winter Soldier design is spot on and practically looks like it's out of the comics. No quibbles there. And the background has quite the thrill to it. The biggest problem is Falcon's look though. It looks too generic and bland. The grey doesn't work either.

#16 Posted by Miss_Garrick (1757 posts) - - Show Bio

Good, good.

#17 Posted by JamDamage (1114 posts) - - Show Bio

wish Johnston was directing this tho.

#18 Posted by sithfrog (909 posts) - - Show Bio

If that is Falcon in the background, I'm not impressed. Otherwise, looks promising.

#19 Posted by blkson (785 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool poster. Bucky looks real calm while Cap looks infuriated. Whats up with that?

@lvenger said:

Cap's in a costume more reminiscent of his First Avenger suit. Suits the espionage tone of the film well. Also Bucky's Winter Soldier design is spot on and practically looks like it's out of the comics. No quibbles there. And the background has quite the thrill to it. The biggest problem is Falcon's look though. It looks too generic and bland. The grey doesn't work either.

I think this is the look they're going for.

#20 Posted by MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg (2230 posts) - - Show Bio

@sithfrog said:

If that is Falcon in the background, I'm not impressed. Otherwise, looks promising.

Up close Falcon concept art

#21 Posted by Lvenger (19307 posts) - - Show Bio

@blkson: That's not too bad. But take a look at the close up concept art above my comment and see whether you think it's well executed

#22 Posted by G_Money_Christmas (883 posts) - - Show Bio

I haven't been this excited for a Marvel movie since the first Captain America. Not even the Avengers excited me this much.

#23 Posted by Wolverine08 (41107 posts) - - Show Bio

The Captain is looking like a badass! I love it!

#24 Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (6110 posts) - - Show Bio
#25 Edited by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (5019 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks great

#26 Edited by blkson (785 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: I think its a start. He'll probably be in Avengers 2, which is when he'll get a costume that looks more like his comic one.

#27 Posted by kriminal (646 posts) - - Show Bio

i have high hopes for this. i thiink its going to be the best phase 2 solo movie (better be better than iron man 3)

#28 Posted by Ninjablade09 (3147 posts) - - Show Bio

Is this on the Helicarrier? Or some other base, either the rumored Triskelion, or the bad guys base. Cool. Like the suit used in the art, hate the suit used in the film. Really liked he Avengers suit, but the First Avenger outfit was gorgeous. It was as perfect as you can get, right up there with the new Spidey costume.

#29 Posted by StMichalofWilson (3761 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool

#30 Posted by LordRequiem (1310 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous: That is his avengers costume, you can tell by the lack of helmet.

#31 Posted by Bad_People (160 posts) - - Show Bio

Bucky is looking properly villainous.

#32 Posted by grenade728 (748 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow... I know I'm not supposed to get excited prematurely for comic book movies, but wow.

#33 Posted by krexxxx4 (62 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked his first costume much better than the one they used in the avengers. The avengers costume was nice, but really felt like a downgrade from the first movie.

#34 Edited by The_Titan_Lord (5219 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice art.

#35 Edited by tg1982 (2715 posts) - - Show Bio

I like this one better than the "Commander Rogers" one. I hope this is what's used more throughout the movie.

#36 Edited by laabitres (375 posts) - - Show Bio

looks dope

#37 Posted by jwalser3 (4891 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks great! Didn't know Falcon was going to be in it.

#38 Posted by novi_homines (1338 posts) - - Show Bio

My GOD! Looks awesome!

#39 Posted by NightmareDreamer (2 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks cool. I liked the first movie Captain America: the first avenger maybe this one will be even better (:

#40 Edited by medulaoblaganda (905 posts) - - Show Bio

this is pretty epic

#41 Edited by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't wait to get more news from this - it's looking good (seems to be getting more press and hype than Thor 2, too). I'm warming up to the Super-Soldier suit, and the overall more subdued, 'realistic' tone of this sequel. Kinda confused as to why Cap seems to be in his WWII-era look rather than the Avengers one, but whatevs.

Now show us Crossbones in full-costume please!

#42 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Very nice! Look forward to even more news about this :)

#44 Posted by Arkhamc1tizen (2140 posts) - - Show Bio

looks cool

#45 Edited by lykopis (10746 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks good -- I don't know much about both characters outside of their interactions with X-Men characters but Bucky always grabbed my attention. I like him more than Captain America but that's coming from someone who hasn't really followed both.

Either way, the art is incredible and I really like Bucky's look. I am looking forward to this movie.

#46 Edited by MyronLee26 (1092 posts) - - Show Bio

This one is slightly different than the costume from TFA if you look close enough.

#47 Posted by tg1982 (2715 posts) - - Show Bio

This one is slightly different than the costume from TFA if you look close enough.

For starters, this costume doesn't have all the straps.

#48 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

@tg1982 said:

@myronlee26 said:

From what I can tell:

- Helmet is the same.

- Chest is the same, except the addition of red stripes to the white abdomen part. Straps remain the same.

- Underarm straps near armpit are now gone.

- Belt, boots, and pants have been updated. Thigh gun holster is gone.

Overall, seems to be a modern update of the TFA look.

#49 Posted by tg1982 (2715 posts) - - Show Bio
@veshark said:

@tg1982 said:

@myronlee26 said:

From what I can tell:

- Helmet is the same.

- Chest is the same, except the addition of red stripes to the white abdomen part. Straps remain the same.

Yeah. I like it more than the Super-Soldier uniform. I hope he wears it in the movie, more that the Super-Soldier suit.

#50 Edited by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

@tg1982 said:
@veshark said:

@tg1982 said:

@myronlee26 said:

From what I can tell:

- Helmet is the same.

Yeah. I like it more than the Super-Soldier uniform. I hope he wears it in the movie, more that the Super-Soldier suit.

I can actually live with the SS suit, if we get to see more of this too.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.