Follow

Captain America

Character » Captain America appears in 11750 issues.

During World War II, Steve Rogers volunteered to receive the experimental Super-Soldier Serum. Enhanced to the pinnacle of human physical potential and armed with an unbreakable shield, he became Captain America. After a failed mission left him encased in ice for decades, he was found and revived by the Avengers, later joining their ranks and eventually becoming the team's leader.

My ending of First Avenger: Captain America

Adam Michaels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Adam Michaels

They say that the Captain America film will be focused on his World War II days.  

I think that a cool ending would be him defeating the Nazis along with Bucky  like in the comics, and he falls in the ocean where he freezes. They would then show sequences of Cap's funeral (where the body isn't shown) and all the memorial stuff. The whole nation's hero tribute. A somber and sad time for USA. 

BUT... after all that sentimental footage, they fast forward to today (almost 65 years later) and Nick Fury, General Ross, and Tony Stark are all in a SHIELD Headquarters monitoring an excavation from the ocean. They have just discovered Captain America's frozen body. 

END!!!  

Next in line is the Avengers film.
    Mutant X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Mutant X

I like it. It has that Marvel movie feel.

EdwardWindsor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By EdwardWindsor

in thinking the digg up seen poss and end of credits since marvel love that at the moment

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By sora_thekey

thats what I had in mind
    Avatar image for emperor_gonzo_noir
    Emperor Gonzo Noir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

sounds good

santeria_smith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By santeria_smith

I like it, but i see them discovering caps frozen body in the first hour of the avengers movies, rather than do it at the end of caps movie. if it shows them finding him at the end of his movie is kind of messes up the ending of him falling to his 'death' into the ocean and freezing.

Adam Michaels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Adam Michaels

That's true. But I think that it would add so much more excitement for the Avengers movies if the last thing you see in this movie is Cap's body being pulled out of the ocean.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#8  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @santeria_smith said:
    "I like it, but i see them discovering caps frozen body in the first hour of the avengers movies, rather than do it at the end of caps movie. if it shows them finding him at the end of his movie is kind of messes up the ending of him falling to his 'death' into the ocean and freezing. "
    Yeah, but people who don't know about Cap "not dying" might get confused at the end and going "Oh, the superhero dies at the end?"
    Adam Michaels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Adam Michaels

I just think that during the movie, they show how he became this icon for the American people during WWII. A war hero and a role model. He makes the ultimate sacrifice to save not just his country, but the world. 

Then it all gets sad and somber as a nation mourns the loss of its hero. They show the memorial service where his loved ones are crying. The people are gathered outside the church while Americans in different cities gathered to mourn him as well. Maybe even around the world, they all gather to pay their respects to Captain America. It makes it even more sad to have a service in honor of a man who they don't even have a body for. 

And then, to hype up the upcoming Avengers film and not finish the film on such a sad note, we have the present day theme where Cap's body is being lifted out of the ocean.  

I can even imagine the fans going crazy (much like how they went nuts when Nick Fury showed up in Iron Man and when Tony Stark appeared in The Incredible Hulk). Just a short clip that hypes up the bigger picture, which is is The Avengers film. 

And just like War Killer said, those who have no knowledge of the comics but are simply aware these heroes exist, they need something that'll help them understand how things happen.  

But I have no preferance whether Cap is found at the end of Cap's film or in the beginning of Avengers film. If the story is great and the movie is well made, I'll be happy. This was just an idea. I definitely won't be upset if they don't do it how I imagine it.
    santeria_smith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By santeria_smith
    @War Killer said:
    " @santeria_smith said:
    "I like it, but i see them discovering caps frozen body in the first hour of the avengers movies, rather than do it at the end of caps movie. if it shows them finding him at the end of his movie is kind of messes up the ending of him falling to his 'death' into the ocean and freezing. "
    Yeah, but people who don't know about Cap "not dying" might get confused at the end and going "Oh, the superhero dies at the end?" "
    Which will bring alot more excitement when the Avengers come out and they discover that Cap is alive...

It doesn't really have to set the point that Cap dies at the end... Just rather have him fall into the ocean and disapear and not really writing in stone that cap died. just rather, disapeared.
    Adam Michaels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Adam Michaels

I don't mind whether Cap reappears in the end of this film or in the beginning of Avengers. I just think that if they do it at the start of the team film, it might take away from the actual group thing. What I mean is that they would have to spend time getting Steve Rogers used to the present, which could take time out of the film since it's an aspect of the story that needs to be developed rather than rushed through. And we don't know how much time the movie will have to get the overall plot going.  

But if Cap is already excavated and already returned to the present from the start of the film, you can still get the moments where Rogers feels out of time (there can be humor in scenes like these, especially with Stark), but it doesn't have to put any focus on it that could take away from the group story.

Another thing is that it's not being written in stone in any way that Cap died. Just like in the books, it was never that Cap died, but that everyone believed he was dead. And that's what the entire funeral and memorial services scenes would explain: the world BELIEVES that Captain America is dead.  

It would be kind of incomplete if he falls in the ocean and that's it. It's not exactly a conclusive ending to a film. Despite the major story continuing in the Avengers film, the solo films do need their own stories that require their own endings. And ending it with Cap simply falling in the ocean and that's all, it would be inconclusive. 

Not to mention that so far, both Iron Man and The Incredible Hulk were ended with a quick scene that hypes up the whole Avengers film. The solo stories of each film had been concluded already. But they added that extra 5 or so minutes of footage that links them all to the big team film. If they have Stark, Fury, and Ross monitoring an excavation of Roger's body at the end of Cap's film, it does exactly what they did with Iron Man and Hulk, brings them all together and hyping up Avengers.
    Omega Ray Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By Omega Ray Jay

The defrosting of cap would be good if it were like some harrowing scene out of Requiem for a Dream or somthing

ComicCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By ComicCrazy

I think it might be better if for the first 45 minutes he was in ww2 but then he gets into our modern days through the middle or maybe closer to the start, I don't know I just hope this movie is good because I love captain america.
    ahumancartoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By ahumancartoon

You might not be to far off from what the ending will end up being like Adam. Maybe show them finding Cap's body in a scene at the end of the credits. I'd like to think it will happen that way or something close to it. If they resolve how Cap got to present day then they wont have to waste time in the Avengers movie so they can just jump into the action from the start of the movie.

Lyrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Lyrad

I read somewhere, that the end of the film will be the funeral.   Then the begining of the actual Avengers movie, will be when they thaw out his body.   This is what they are aiming to do.
    grimreaper1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By grimreaper1980

sounds good, but who will the villain be? red skull, hitler, baron strucker and hydra, or all of the above

grimreaper1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#17  Edited By grimreaper1980

maybe the sub mariner could make a cameo or at least be mentioned. him and cap were allies during the war

Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Nova`Prime`

What if they started the movie with them pulling him from the ice? Kinda like in Saving Private Ryan where Ryan was an old man visiting the graves of the soldiers and then flashbacks to Cap's time during WW2 then jumps back to the beginning with Cap waking up?

bingbangboom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#19  Edited By bingbangboom

I think the plan is to have the almost the entire Captain America movie being a flashback. The beginning might be SHIELD or Nick Fury talking about Captain America and then they do the movie during WWII. At the end it would be his body in ice with Stark and some of the other Iron Man 2 cast. Captain America would be one of the main focuses in the Avengers movie and they will handle him dealing with modern times in that movie, with the rest of the Avengers as supporting cast to help him. From that movie they can go into another Captain America movie that focuses more on him working with SHIELD.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.