Follow

Captain America

Character » Captain America appears in 11749 issues.

During World War II, Steve Rogers volunteered to receive the experimental Super-Soldier Serum. Enhanced to the pinnacle of human physical potential and armed with an unbreakable shield, he became Captain America. After a failed mission left him encased in ice for decades, he was found and revived by the Avengers, later joining their ranks and eventually becoming the team's leader.

Movie Captain America has a Girlfriend?

No_name_here

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By No_name_here

Another day, another Captain America casting rumor. Yesterday it was Ryan Phillipe and today it’s Channing Tatum, who a lot of you probably know as Duke from GI:JOE – THE RISE OF COBRA.  This thing’s been drawn out long enough, I’m going to cease speculating. That’s right, everybody. No more evaluating which actor would work as Captain America and which one wouldn’t, because tomorrow there will just be some other name in the mix. Perhaps a dashing unknown, at last. This race is probably doing such wonders to create awareness for a lesser-known Marvel character, I'd be a genius move if it were intentional.    
      Channing Tatum...
     Channing Tatum...

Cap 'n Peggy...
     Cap 'n Peggy...

What’s more interesting, actually, is that some names have started surfacing for Cap’s love interest in the movie, the prospect of which I wondered aloud about last week. Three actresses are currently in the running to play “Peggy”, who I’m going to assume is supposed to be Peggy Carter. Ms. Carter was Cap’s girl during WWII and an OSS agent who helped the French out with their underground resistance. She’s also the older sister/aunt (depending on which retcon you stick to) of Steve Roger’s modern girlfriend, Sharon Carter, which is a fact that starts being a bit creepy if you think about it too long.

“So who’s in the running to play Peggy Carter?!?!” you shriek.  

Well, here are the forerunners and, you’ll notice, they’re all British girls… 

== TEASER ==     

No Caption Provided
    Keira Knightly, the pirate queen Elizabeth Swann from PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN and the Celt queen Guinevere from KING ARTHUR. She’s certainly used to kicking ass in movies such as this.    

No Caption Provided
    Alice Eve, who’s the “Rank 10” who will be beguiling the “Rank 5” Jay Baruchel in SHE’S OUT OF MY LEAGUE. Don’t really know much else about her, but check out the rom com for a possible preview?      
    No Caption Provided

Emily Blunt, who was originally supposed to play Black Widow in IRON MAN 2 until Fox exercised its contract and pulled her out to star in GULLIVER’S TRAVELS. Considering that she just starred in Joe Johnston’s THE WOLFMAN, I’d say there’s a greater chance she’ll land this given that Joe Johnston already wants Hugo Weaving as the Red Skull, and he also starred in the famous monster remake. 

There you are, oh British-accented Comic Vine community. Fresh casting choices to debate! Who should be Peggy Carter?

-- Tom Pinchuk is the writer of UNIMAGINABLE for Arcana Comics and HYBRID BASTARDS! for Archaia Comics.   Watch out for the HYBRID BASTARDS! hardcover collection this March - - available for pre-order now on Amazon.com.

Moomin123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Moomin123

Now Channing Tatum is by far the best Capt. America actor put forward so far. 
    Out of the love interests, I think Emily Blunt should be the actress. Keira Knightley will just make the character depressed like in Pirates and that other film where she's a duchess, what was it called? She was a Duchess, and they sort of expressed that a lot...oh yeah, the frigging Duchess.

Anyway, I'm all for GI Joe to become Capt. America. Because unlike GI Joe, Capt. America is a true american hero!

Namor1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By Namor1987

Channing Tatum fits the Super Soldier mold to me (right alongside Matt Damon who IMO is the most qualified man for the job) as for the love interest Idk about Peggy this is my first time hearing of her but out of the three women presented to me for the role I pick Blunt would be nice she has a really nice look to her but I don't know if I've seen any of the three women's movies or at least can remember if I have or not lol

Avatar image for eisforextinction
    EisforExtinction

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 68

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By EisforExtinction

Every time Channing Tatum talks I want to jump through the screen and punch him.

I don't though because he could kick my ass.

ugli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ugli

Please not Channing Tatum.  He has the looks, but...
    Worst
    Actor
    Ever.

Mr. Dead Pool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By Mr. Dead Pool

I'd like to see him as Cap, he's a pretty good actor and he does  have experiance playing military roles so he should get it

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By sora_thekey

I don't care who's picked for the role.... Those three are excellent picks
    I have an even bigger question... In the movie Peggy Carter will be Cap's love interest. Then he will be stuck frozen in a block of ice...  
    When Cap is "reborn" into our time in the Avengers movie, will the same actress then play the role of Sharon Carter?

mrduckluck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By mrduckluck

ooh I want him as steve rogers finally someone who fits in the role of the cap
    Caliber268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Caliber268

No no no Channing Tatum, come on..seriously!!  What the fuck...no more rumors, just pick Ryan McPartlin!!!!

AngelFrost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By AngelFrost
    EMILY BLUNT! 
    - I L O V E  her!

but I think her talent would be wasted in playing, simply a love-interest.  :/ I think she deserves to be in a much larger, important role, Like Wasp or atleast another, big, Hero.
    Avatar image for marshal_victory
    Marshal Victory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Marshal Victory
    @Caliber268 said:

"No no no Channing Tatum, come on..seriously!!  What the fuck...no more rumors, just pick Ryan McPartlin!!!! "

/agreed Tatum wasnt a well thought of pick at cbm site either.Looks like their getn a decent suporting cast tho. 

Um for those who think Mat Damon would be a good pick. I kinda belived so to.But then seen how he likes to mix his politics with his acting ill pass. Green Zone was a flop because of this.Sides he is out for what their looking for.
    vuki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By vuki

Emily Blunt thank youuu !!!

crowncoke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By crowncoke

PLEASE LORD NO!!!  Tatum ruined Duke...  I would rather see an older actor pick up the role that this wanna be stud.  Maybe he should go and get some more hot water poured on his crotch... just tell him he needs it for the ice scene. 

I know that he is now too old for the demegraphics but Matthew McConaughey would be as good as any of these others.  We know he can act, we know that women love him and he is known to be in great shape.  

As for the lasses... All Winners for Ms Carter. 
    Lustwish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Lustwish

Tatum will have to get some speech lessons tho.  He will have to drop the attitude in his speech and voice if he wants to be Cap.  He will need to have a speech pattern similar to that of Randy Quaid in GI. JOE.  Not the same voice but similar pattern.  He will have to be crisp, clear and pronounce well.   

No_name_here

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By No_name_here
    @sora_thekey:  Ooooooo.... good thinking. That would make a lot of sense.
    sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 8

#15  Edited By sora_thekey
    @Tom Pinchuk said:
    " @sora_thekey:  Ooooooo.... good thinking. That would make a lot of sense. "
    That would also make it freaky!i
    Nyogtha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Nyogtha

NOOOOOOO TATUM!!!

Oh my god, have you people seen him act? I see him encountering redskull and saying "Yo redhead, ima' chuck my shield at ya dome, ya HEARD!" That man has the IQ of a burnt steak and has acting skills below a stuttering asthmatic first grader. I want Phillipe, do you really think Tatum will be able to stand toe to toe with actors like Robert Downey Jr, Edward Norton and Saumel L. Jackson? NO! I see him talking to Chris Hemsworth and saying "Nice hammer son." and to Robert "Where can I get some bling like that homes?" 

First two yes, no Emily Blunt. I want to throw up when I see her face.

AngelFrost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By AngelFrost
    @Nyogtha said:
    I want to throw up when I see her face. "
    Are you serious?   - she's GORGEOUS.
    No Caption Provided

Nyogtha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Nyogtha
    @AngelFrost: Haha, oh I'm serious.
    AngelFrost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By AngelFrost
    @Nyogtha:  Well if you think she's ugly .. your going to be doomed a single life, mister!
    Bruce Vain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Bruce Vain

I'm not for Channing , but he's a helluv lot better choice than these list of actors that they've been putting out. But it won't happen with him either. It's probably gonna be a surprise casting choice like Heath Ledger was. How everyone was talking about Paul Bettany, Lachey Hulme, Crispin Glover & Adrian Brody and no way was Heath mentioned. Then BOOM Joker was cast & we got Heath. So that's how I think this will play out. 

I don't think Keira or Emily would do it. Well , maybe Keira would since she really hasn't done much after Pirates. Alice Eve would be a solid choice for Peggy.
    Avatar image for violet_eyed_dragon
    Violet-Eyed Dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CHANNING TATUM YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I already started a blog saying he deserved it, and i will continue to say it.  

and emily blunt would be great for the role have you guys seen the young victoria??

Avatar image for violet_eyed_dragon
    Violet-Eyed Dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@AngelFrost said:
    " @Nyogtha:  Well if you think she's ugly .. your going to be doomed a single life, mister! "
    agreed lol
    comicbookguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By comicbookguy

channing definatly fits the physical aspect of cap but from the two films ive seen him in (fighting & gi joe) he cant act what so ever
    danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#24  Edited By danhimself
    @Caliber268 said:
    " No no no Channing Tatum, come on..seriously!!  What the fuck...no more rumors, just pick Ryan McPartlin!!!! "
    keep the language to PG standards...this is an all ages site
    matt_cable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By matt_cable

I'm so tired of Channing... I don't think he has the chops to bring a beloved comic book character to life. The guy can't act beyond looking pretty or confused and when it comes to Captain America, I want something more than him playing Duke in blue shiny tights.

Avatar image for yung_ancient_one
    Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#26  Edited By Yung ANcient One

there all Hot... so i dont care... hehehehhe

and 
    Channing Tatum is Duke to me... he shouldnt be Cap... 

but then again... i said Ryan shouldnt be Hal... but ehhhh
    u see how people dont agree with me... so whatevers

Avatar image for incredible_hulk_prime
    Incredible Hulk-Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I would like to see the G.I. Joe guy play as Cap after all Captain America is the "TURE AMERICAN HERO" in comic book history I don't know about the love interest. Maybe they should pick the least likely actress to play as Peggy Carter, such like what DC did when they cast Heath has the Joker,
    jacobyLIVE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By jacobyLIVE

If Channing Tatum is Cap,I'm gonna snipe him and lose his body in the timestream 

But then he'll just come back...hmmm

Fuloqwam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Fuloqwam
    WHAT!?!   

I vowed to stop caring about the Cap actor race because there are no shortage of actors that could fill the role.  But Channing Tatum!?!  Isn't Steve Rogers supposed to be the most dynamic and inspiring superhero of them all?  And can Tatum even move his eyebrows?   The.  Guy.  Sucks.  Why don't we just get a Captain America cardboard cutout to play the role?  It'll have twice the personality, I'm sure.  
    Avatar image for artisticneedham
    ArtisticNeedham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By ArtisticNeedham

I could see Emily Blunt being cast, she just worked with the director doing Wolfman and was scheduled at one time to play Black Widow before scheduling conflicts.  So if the director has cast Weaving as Red Skull maybe he could cast her too.
     I really don't think Channing has the acting ability to play Captain America, but maybe I am wrong. 

Fleonix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#31  Edited By Fleonix

I give my vote to Alice Eve.     and then cross out Tatum's name out of the ballot. I want an Unknown so go find him. Sheeshhhh

lokopr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By lokopr

give me Ryan Gosling for Captain America and I'm happy, I think he can do a great CA!!

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#33  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

If Channing Tatum is Cap i'm not seeing this movie.He's a terrible actor.

Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

his facial expression looks like theres someone on the opposite
    side of the camera doing a show with a sock monkey and making
    " baby talk ".

SevanGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#35  Edited By SevanGrim

I was ALWAYS thinking Channing for Captain America. the only time i didnt think he was an obvious choice was when they made GI JOE, and thats becuase i thought we where still living in a time where people dint play two different super heroes within 5 years of each other. But then Ryan Renolds took of his Deadpool and put on his Green Lantern.... and now i dont know what to think....

Tyler Starke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Tyler Starke

Jesus I can't believe how many of you actually think Channing tatum is a good choice for the movie. This might be the worst choice they could conceive, but it's ok because I know he won't be in the movie, marvel isn't that dumb.

Avatar image for theghostofgarethgraves
    TheGhostofGarethGraves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh god, he's the male equivalent to Megan Fox. Hot right now, looks good for the ladies, and cannot act for crap. Just because girls swoon doesn't mean he should be Cap. Megan Fox is a babe, but she's a terrible actress. They're both just screen candy, which Cap shouldn't be. I hope they get someone with depth who can rock the role the way it needs to be. And BTW, Cap's no wannabe "gangsta".
    Bats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Bats

I'd watch Emily Blunt in anything.
    But Channing as Cap - I'm not so sure.
    He's got the physicality for sure, but I'm not sure about his acting.
    He was a little lackluster in G.I. Joe.
    I just wish they'd cast this movie already.
    All of these rumors are driving me nuts.

wickedwillow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By wickedwillow

I think channing tatum is hot but he did ruin G.I Joe. He needs acting lessons or stick to romantic movies. What about Sam worthington from avatar?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.