Master Chief and Captain America

#1 Posted by daviddavid7 (19 posts) - - Show Bio

Has anyone compared Captain America to the Spartans? He's basically a Spartan, but with less risks.

#2 Posted by Crusader105 (22 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, I can see where you're going with that.

Cap's serum is much both vastly superior and majorly worse than the Spartan augmentation. Better because its equal (or even superior) results with no drawbacks - at least not compared to the Spartans' fatality rates. But on the other hand, the serum only ever worked for Cap and has never been recreated. The Spartans don't have that flaw, their numbers aren't limited to just one. That's the major difference (besides the Mjolnir armor and Cap's shield)

As for who would win in a fight, I'd probably bet on Cap. If he can get close enough (that's where the trick would be) and block Chief's bullets, then his speed and shield could take Chief. Or at least cause a draw. But it would be a very close fight.

#3 Posted by CBninja (170 posts) - - Show Bio

@Crusader105 said:

Yeah, I can see where you're going with that.

Cap's serum is much both vastly superior and majorly worse than the Spartan augmentation. Better because its equal (or even superior) results with no drawbacks - at least not compared to the Spartans' fatality rates. But on the other hand, the serum only ever worked for Cap and has never been recreated. The Spartans don't have that flaw, their numbers aren't limited to just one. That's the major difference (besides the Mjolnir armor and Cap's shield)

As for who would win in a fight, I'd probably bet on Cap. If he can get close enough (that's where the trick would be) and block Chief's bullets, then his speed and shield could take Chief. Or at least cause a draw. But it would be a very close fight.

I disagree, if I remember correctly the Spartan augmentation makes them vastly superior to Captain America. They were doing things without armor that cap wishes he could do. Add in there armor and they are pretty amazing. As for a fight I will put my money on Master Chief every time. Hes stronger and probably faster. Hed rip that shield right off of Caps arm then beat him with it.

#4 Posted by kidrob (6 posts) - - Show Bio

@daviddavid7: @daviddavid7: In a fight between Master Chief and Cap, Master Chief would win hands down. He has the support of the entire universe behind his back and he's got an unlimited arsenal stored in some secret body cavity.

#5 Posted by Crusader105 (22 posts) - - Show Bio

After thinking more on it, I'd say the Spartan augmentation is overall better. I forgot Spartans can flip a Scorpion tank while in armor, lift three times their own body weight (which is double that of a normal human).Cap's bench-pressed around 1200 pounds, I think. Spartans can run somewhere around 35 mph with no armor, I think Master Chief once topped around 65 mph with the Mark V, and I think Cap can run somewhere around 49 mph. In terms of reflexes, I have no idea.

But I still think the fight would be a draw (assuming Chief doesn't break-out a Rocket Launcher...) because Cap could just stay on the defensive and Cap has taken down foes whose powers were far greater than his own. And while I don't think he could beat Chief, he could hold him at bay.

#6 Posted by DMC (1551 posts) - - Show Bio

@daviddavid7: Honestly, I recently thought of that when Marvel revealed his new look for Marvel NOW!

At the time I was thinking Opena's was waaay too detailed and that it went beyond the modern military tweaks I wanted his costume to have. But later on as thought of Steve as no ordinary soldier, but as a super soldier - the last of his kind - then it started to click. Steve Rogers is - in some ways - the Master Chief of the Marvel U, Steve 117 if you will. ^_^

#7 Posted by Hyperlight (6569 posts) - - Show Bio

the augentation of the spartans gave better physical enhancements it just had more drawbacks. I think John could lift 1200 pounds over his head which is more than the official 800 capt can lift. thats without mjolnir armor is well

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.